26 Replies Latest reply: Aug 19, 2013 4:43 PM by YO_MOM_IS_NEXT RSS

I bet all maps are now designed by computer..

All they do is simply enter these parameters:

3 routes.

Every room has 2 or more entrances.

Average line of sight is 10 yards.

If more than 10 yards, cover no more than 1% of map area.

Put random junk in the way of everything IE: headglitching spots.

Then they just hit ENTER until they find something cool looking, after that they add some graphics/color/theme and call it a map.

Then they sell it to you for $15.

• Re: I bet all maps are now designed by computer..
          ghamorra

Back In late Winter I posted a thread about how all the maps are exactly the same. If you break them down they all have the layouts, building placements, routes, and objective placements.

illstplaya2live

I agree. The map design just isn't the same anymore. And it started in mw3. I remember my first week of mw3 I said to my uncle (who also bought the game) that the maps felt different and it just wasn't the same ever since. And on top of that I have no idea what they are doing differently. I just know that something is different and its not good. I really miss the design of bo1 and mw2 maps.

scumbaggah

Was talking about this the other day with a mate, That they are just randomly generated maps. Also they are just remaking cancelled maps from previous CoDs, Some are pretty blatant like Carrier that was meant to be in W@W lol.

Lol did anyone play Worms? It had a random map generated before every game, They should put something like that in haha

Izjar11

rc10mike wrote:

All they do is simply enter these parameters:

3 routes.

Every room has 2 or more entrances.

Average line of sight is 10 yards.

If more than 10 yards, cover no more than 1% of map area.

Put random junk in the way of everything IE: headglitching spots.

Then they just hit ENTER until they find something cool looking, after that they add some graphics/color/theme and call it a map.

Then they sell it to you for $15.

The design are similar in regards to two flanks and the middle portion. But the maps play differently, each of them.

THe distance factor is not true, you have maps that have very nice lines of sight, they cover certain spots and a good sniper or LMG can hold them down.

The random stuff, is meant for cover and shooting back! What did you want? A open no junk area? Play cove, nothing much to hide in that map.

The price I agree not sure why 15 dollars! I would welcome a cheaper price.

The maps are dull and boring made for the 12 year Olds.  They require no strategy.  Every one rush this spawn ok now turn around on this rectangle of a map and rush the other spawn. .... theres no little ins and outs or odd shaped parts to the maps.  Maps like plaza slums hydro are the exact same map from one side to the other its a mirror. Pure laziness on the developers.

Then they bring back fan favorite maps which is awesome but they reskin them then charge you for them.  At least infinity ward gave us terminal for FREE. Vertigo was a scrapped infinity ward map I heard.  The next dlc has a remake of stadium from blops 1 and a remake of a map from world at war.....like seriously treyarch? Wtf no wonder why this game is dead on top of the obvious issues.  Its either laziness with the map design or they were trying to appease competitive game play and mlg by making the maps with in 3 routes instead of trying to please the 99 percent that buy the game.  Bravo treyarch you produced the worst call of duty in the whole franchise.  At least mw3 had better maps.

Well ColdChillin I wa about to flame you a little bit when I first started skimming through your post cause it just sounded like you were one of those people who just hear what other people say and then repeat and you can obviously tell they dont know what they are talking about.

But I agree alot of maps are symetrical. And I myself have never been a huge fan of remakes.

I wouldnt say these maps are bad maps tho. The symetrical ones are very easy to learn and do seem a little lazy in there making.

So you did state some facts in your opinion without just btching and thats a rare thing. So thanks for at least knowing what your talking about.

I have to say tho, imo these maps arent that bad and this is not even close to the worste CoD. And if they did take lazy short cuts, Im not that stuborn to let effect my opinion of the game.

YO_MOM_IS_NEXT

to be fair:

since this game came out people have been complaining about the maps and saying things like "i'd rather just buy a new game with the old maps. they were so much better". so.. they did just that. they brought back old maps. now everyone complains. of course they are gonna charge for them. this is a business. nothing is free. yes, IW gave us one free map that they ported over with a bit of re-skin. so rejoice and be happy. it's nice, but that doesn't mean any other map shoudl be free.

people complain about the new maps.., they complain about the old maps being brought back.. developers can't win. LOL

i do agree that they maps are very basic, though. i don't mind. i can deal with it. then again.. i can't really think of a way to design a map that's much different. you can only do "so much" with a map to keep it fair.

Hijacked is pretty much Nuketown..

Aftermath is pretty much the new snow level.

My fav maps were in WaW and MW2. The maps actually had VERY large open areas, and small areas at the same time. The was a huge amount of variety.

UberSlackr

"all maps are designed by computer" - Pretty sure that's the ONLY way to design a map... should they be doing it by drawing it on paper, like an old-school D&D game board?

hyper72

Yeah the map are getting really annoying rooms with 4 ways in you need eyes in the back of your head...theres stuff in the way on every corners obstacles just in the way from most sniping spots there over designed nowadays there old and getting boring....the game needs a real shakeup it needs bigger wideopen maps like mw2 and waw...tall buildings you can climb.... id love to see helicopters and jeeps and tanks you can jump in anytime like joint operations typhoon rising pc game years ago was great fun.......

YO_MOM_IS_NEXT

i miss maps where you could climb into and onto weird stuff. until everyone got the hang of it, nobody would know where you were. MW2 had great ones. you could infuriate your oppenents until they could find a YouTube vid showing how you got there.

those were the days. now everyone has to be in the same places all the time. i know exactly where to toss a grenade.