22 Replies Latest reply: Jul 23, 2013 7:46 AM by Tacnimin RSS

No drops between rounds 34 and 40?

Ilivefordying

Title explains it. Playing two player and haven't gotten any drops in six rounds. Why? Also, the zombies do not make any noises unless they try and hit us and when they spawn from the ground.

• Re: No drops between rounds 34 and 40?

I also experienced this. It was around the same rounds 35+ I noticed a distinct lack of Max Ammos, or any perk drops for that matter. Then at around round 39ish I was hit with tons of drops. Dunno why, just did. It's still in my theatre mode too.

It's all luck. Power ups are all based on random chances in the game. The only thing you can do to increase the chance of getting them is to: Melee, Get Headshots, Neck shots, and Grenade kills - in that order of effectiveness. You will still only get a max of 4 per round ever, and for the most part, on high rounds they come right at the beginning of the round.

TopAceH3X

How do you know? If you don't mind me asking.

Check my most liked content, I have a post asking what happens to powerups when they disappear.

Since I made this thread I have done testing myself and confirmed what I said above. You will absolutely never ever see more than 4 power ups drop NORMALLY a round, this excludes Brutus or things of that nature, this is really easy to test every game you play.

And as for the melee, headshot, grenade thing, it is a piece of code that has been around since Bo1 that gives you a BETTER CHANCE not really more power ups. I play every game fairly differently depending on the map and can tell you from experience that meleeing definitely nets you a lot of power ups, as well as headshots, and grenade kills over just killing the zombies with something that doesn't register under these categories. I don't have any actual raw data, but you'll have to trust me as someone who plays way more than the normal person that playing this way does in fact give you a BETTER CHANCE at power ups(although only up to 4 a round).

GulfCoastGirl

Ilivefordying wrote:

Title explains it. Playing two player and haven't gotten any drops in six rounds. Why? Also, the zombies do not make any noises unless they try and hit us and when they spawn from the ground.

What map?  If it's Buried then just hold a last zombie at the end of the round and make your own Max Ammo.  Annoying?  Yes, but at least you have a workaround in that map

LORD_GRRR

I've have spent countless thousands between turning Huckleberry into a diabetic and bank powerups.  But it is definitely worth it to replace your box gun ammo/tacticals.  

GulfCoastGirl

LORD_GRRR wrote:

I've have spent countless thousands between turning Huckleberry into a diabetic and bank powerups.  But it is definitely worth it to replace your box gun ammo/tacticals.  

LOL... me too.  Even if not running low on ammo.... if I'm out of monkeys then it's worth the time it takes to get that max ammo..... besides, with a full bank there's not much more you can do with all those points

LORD_GRRR

Very true.  It always amazes me, however, at just how much I end up having to put back into the bank after getting set up the first few rounds of buried. 

In my latest games I've been starting up without using the bank at all so I don't inadvertently find myself getting dependent on it.

GulfCoastGirl

LORD_GRRR wrote:

Very true.  It always amazes me, however, at just how much I end up having to put back into the bank after getting set up the first few rounds of buried. 

In my latest games I've been starting up without using the bank at all so I don't inadvertently find myself getting dependent on it.

It's especially awesome when in a co-op games with randoms I get to buy/open and build everything while they steadfastly hump that box.......  LOL.... I guess everyone has their priorities

LORD_GRRR

Lol!  Box humpers!

I've played many a game with them.  I often end up protecting them without them even realizing it while they box hump.  Then they wander into the wilderness with their ray gun and get downed within 2 minutes. I run to revive them and after doing so, they naturally return to the "safety" of the box, and continue box humping, thinking the next gun will be the one that adequately protects them.  Then I leave the box area because I get bored.  They almost instantaneously go down and, more often then not, a rage quit follows.

I'm so glad to have good friends from this forum to play with so that I never have to experience matches with box humpers unless I deliberately want to for challenge purposes.

xtour55

i have had this happen twice only on buried though. the zombies have completely stopped making any sounds and the drops become extinct. but i have had it start as early as round 32. it is annoying to have leroy change the drops from the bank, but what else can you do?

i usually am running the an94, SVU, and the petrifier so ammo really isnt a problem for me. if i cant get the paralyzer, i run M&S. but there do need to fix this cause it is annoying not being able to hear the zombies and not recieving any drops.

There is no rhyme or reason for it.  It's all luck. 

I've been going deep into the rounds, and though the zombies would slow down eventually leaving me with a few walkers, I always get power ups through these rounds.  Multiple ones to be exact.  Ammo about a third of the time in these deep rounds, they normally have me wait a bit, but any other power up?  All day!  Just keep focusing on head shots, or just mowing them down, you'll come across your bountie.  If all else fails, cast some black redneck magick!

I too didn't notice much of a change in drops between rounds 32 and 40(the highest i've gone so far). Those nukes and carpenters and X2's were pretty steady with only the Max Ammo getting some distance between (such as 1 to two waves apart). Also, i've seen some of yall talk bout making your own Max Ammos..what does that mean? just buy the ammo back and use the mystery box till you get the guns again?