15 Replies Latest reply: Jul 16, 2013 8:59 AM by nicedrewishfela RSS

Etiquette

What ever happened to gaming etiquette?, my point, or at least one of them. The *now* cod player will think nothing of running straight into you, or your line of sight, that never happened back in the day. Were we more skilled?.

Im talking of the guys on your team.

• Re: Etiquette
          nicedrewishfela

More skilled can be debated until the cows come home.

The game has gotten faster. The animations haven't been able to keep up with the speed of the game, which is also impacted by connectivity. I don't think it is as easy any more to tell where you are in relation to teammates. For example, played on Uplink the other day and had a really great game, going 32-3. Unfortunately, however, at one point I got team-killed, causing a member of my party to get kicked. I was following him out the lower door  of the center complex towards the center of the map.  His back was to me. Next thing I know, he is behind and to my left. An enemy was rushing in to get away from my teammate's helicopter, I got the kill, but my teammate killed me and I was kicked.

He was ticked when we got him back in after the game. I apologized and explained, as I had called out to him, that I was right behind him moments before it happened. So that is a big part of it.

The other part is that the community has gotten so large it has invited an unattractive element. Folks who think it is amusing to troll or grief or harass others on purpose.. and others who just simply are new to the game and aren't aware enough to know how to move in a tactical, intelligent manner. Equally a problem are the Stat-mongers, who disregard teammates and are oblivious to what is going on around them in an effort to get the kill before their teammate does. Combine this with less effective communication as so many are scared away by the abuse of the in game chat, you are going to get incidents like this.

I know I personally have to work hard in game to make sure I know where my teammates are and that I know what is going on at all times. I have rarely been kicked, and rarely gotten teammates kicked due to my actions... and never intentionally.

I don't know how much it has to do with skill as it does with a combination of other issues.

phxs72

Some folks simply have no team awareness.  I was playing a match just the other night where a sniper and I just kept bumping into each other.  I'd be in position and engaged with an enemy player and he'd try to hold that same position.  In the process he'd bump me which would knock my shot off of the guy that I'm trying to kill and ultimately got us both killed.  I don't think that he was trying to get us killed but he just didn't pay any attention to his surroundings.  I died about 4 times like this and finally just switched my classes and took a completely different route to get away from him.

phxs72 wrote:

Some folks simply have no team awareness.  I was playing a match just the other night where a sniper and I just kept bumping into each other.  I'd be in position and engaged with an enemy player and he'd try to hold that same position.  In the process he'd bump me which would knock my shot off of the guy that I'm trying to kill and ultimately got us both killed.  I don't think that he was trying to get us killed but he just didn't pay any attention to his surroundings.  I died about 4 times like this and finally just switched my classes and took a completely different route to get away from him.

I think it can become quite annoying, i also believe larger maps are needed.

Which would obviously improve spawning, please can we do away with revenge spawns or whatever?.

I'm not going to mention the fact that the *new* fps player just wants to cheat their way to the top, would'nt dream of it. How and why do we have to put up with that even though they are obviously catered to.

I have no issue with a new player that wants to be legit.

It's summer time dude....little kids errywhere.

Such a thing does not really exist. for you do not realize or have failed to understand that everyone playing only really cares for themself and not you and how you are doing or what you are doing. The majority of players are not clanners or team players they are lone wolfs playing a team based game and so you fend for yourself unless with friends. Play with randoms and expect them to act a certain way and they do not you got what you really deserved. Do not expect anything form them ever, It is you against them all when in a group of randoms. Not your team against the other team.

Do not foolishly expect them to play or think or feel the same way as you ever for that is a rarity in this game becuase of the fact that the most imporant thing to some people is k/dr not w/l or team play. So yes they will screw you over for that kill any chance they get and not care if it gets you killed because of it; becase they are not there to be friendly to you or nice they are there for their own goals which may not be the same as yours.

Schoat333

If you are a solo player, you have to learn to adjust your play style to whatever your team needs. Most don't, or will not do this.

nicedrewishfela

Thank you, thank you, thank you for saying this.

People don't seem to grasp this. They want to play the way they want to play and expect their teammates to conform to their style. Good teammates, on the other hand, adjust their game and strategy to the needs of the team.

The problem is that that only works if everyone on (or the majority of) the team needs to be doing this for it to work.  Since we all know no one else is going to do it, it makes it very hard to justify doing it ourselves.  Becomes a self-reinforcing cycle.

A very valid and true point you made there. If only one person is doing it it does not make a lot of difference in the outcome. And most of the time it is only one person doing it when playing solo with randoms. The others are doing their own thing and will continue to do so.

Want team play, play with a team of friends. Play solo= you against everyone no matter what game mode or playlist it is.

nicedrewishfela

You are either part of the problem or part of the solution.

Agree. I run mostly solo as the vast majority of my FL have hung up this title except for the rare occasion. Being the case, I always check out my teammate's kit upon spawing. 1-3 snipers I use a certain loadout to start. 3+ another.

I then see how the match progresses and adjust to their ability to kill. Or normally lack thereof

Izjar11

Schoat333 wrote:

Most don't, or will not do this.

No, the majority of players go into a match only caring about themselves this is very true.