34 Replies Latest reply: Jun 18, 2013 8:20 PM by theroc23 RSS

The game has been out for 7 months....

1) You should understand that it runs like sh*t. Every day, every lobby, every game there is someone who is complaining and seems genuinely shocked that the game has terrible connection. You chose to play the game, and you should realize at this point the game that its something that wont be fixed, just accept it and move on.

2) You are not the best player. There are those out there who are better than you. Does a connection advantage help some people out? Yes. But there are times where you just got flat out beat. Instead of coming up with every excuse under the sun, accept it and move on.

3) Not all guns are created equal. You can whine and cry in game and on the forums all you want about this gun or that gun being OP, but at the end of the day all guns are not created equal. Every gun in this game is capable of owning if its used the right way. No amount of complaining is going to change that some guns are just superior to others.

4) Stats mean nothing. Be proud of your 5 KD and 1000000 SPM, but realize it means absolutely nothing. I beat people with far superior stats to mine, and get beat by people with inferior stats. At the end of the day all that matters is the present. Stats are a measure of the past, what the player is presently doing is what determines whether or not they are good or bad.

5) Prestige, being a high level and having diamond guns simply takes time played. The amount of players who respond to "you suck" with "I have diamond SMGs" or "I am a prestige master" is embarassing. These things don't set you apart or make you special, it means you put more time into it than others.

6) You can't win a gunfight if you don't fire a shot. Quickscoping, shotguns and all other OHK weapons draw a ton of hate. Sorry, you have no basis to complain if you didn't fire a shot. "OMGzzz da KSG izz sOOooo OPPPed cuz h3 kIlLLed me frrom a miLEee awaay!!!!!" I respond to that by saying, you didn't fire a shot, you deserve to shoot back.

7) Running away accomplishes nothing. If you see someone in front of you, fire your gun. There is a respawn button

Feel free to add

• Re: The game has been out for 7 months....
          ChestSplittah

Shouldn't be surprised that it runs like crap on PS3...

Black Ops ran just as bad...

Can't find any new maps because they didn't sell well, or people disabled them...

PS: It will continue to run like crap..

Number 6 shotguns should not have so much range its ridculous.

theroc23

Definitely some good points, but also maybe just a wee bit of over generalization IMO.

Izjar11

8- Avoid attempting to "understand" the mechanics of the game. Its only a game, play forget about "trying"

rlbl

As well, it is not the only game available. If all you can do is complain and have a bad game after a bad game... it may be timem to pop a new game into the console.

(personally, I am now playing zombies because for some reason, I am never seconds behind as I am in MP)

ScrewURoundEYE

I agree with all your statements up to points #6 and #7.

Generally due to point #1 and the fact that the game lags so bad at times, people are not able to get a shot off or even see that a player is in front of them = Insta-kills.

You can't blame players for becoming angry or ******** when they are unable to fire or even see there was an enemy, let alone players using OHK weapons having an even greater advantage when lag wins over skill. Yes sometimes that Quick-Scoper or Shotgunner may be that good, but more times then not lag is the winner not the most skilled player.

Wow, didn't you just post in another thread about the pistols being OP and needing to be nerfed? Now you are in here telling people to stop whinnying about OP guns and that they are not as good as they think? Hm . Interesting.

If you took the time to read, youd realize that my response in the other thread was not saying pistols were too OP and need a nerf, but given the fact you didn't I'll reiterate my point.

Pistols are very strong weapons, and given the fact 3arc basically destroyed the SMG class with endless nerfs, they dominate CQC. Pistols are very good in CQC, maps are relatively small with a lot of CQC. Pistols can't really be nerfed, the only way to fix the issue is to remove all the maps and start over with new ones

Izjar11

He speaks the truth, they are very very powerful in CQC, seemingly stronger than many other high powered weapons.

The SMGs wouldn't have been ruined if we didn't have so many,"His gun beat mine so nerf it." nOObs running around. And to legend, I've read your posts and you clearly state that pistols are too strong,rediculous and overpowered. I'm going off of what YOU posted.

Izjar11

mdm123456789 wrote:

The SMGs wouldn't have been ruined if we didn't have so many,"His gun beat mine so nerf it." nOObs running around. And to legend, I've read your posts and you clearly state that pistols are too strong,rediculous and overpowered. I'm going off of what YOU posted.

When did I state that pistols are OP they are very strong in CQC is all I said mdm...Double check what I write and quote me please.

zvers

SMG's are meant to be CQC weapons only. They were nerfed because they were like mini AR's in the beginning.

Alright, I can agree with you on that. But for people to want things nerfed due to that weapon dominating them in whatever situation is just B.S. Kinda like the pistols or shotguns. Both of which are CQC beasts if used right, and I see what seems like an endless amount of people crying and demanding them to be nerfed because their precious AR, SMG or LMG got out gunned while running into a room.

zvers

I see your point with shotguns and pistols in CQC but they will get annihilated at Med to long range and SMG's are decent at Medium range. They toend them down a bit because they were outgunning powerful AR's. At least that's the way I see it.

Also, they don't go to the forums for nerf advice. They don't see one thread and say, "that's what they want!". Treyarch just listens for general complaints IMO but THEY are the deciding factor if it gets a nerf or not. The frequency of whine posts doesn't dictate that. Example, AN94.

Another example of how Treyarch deals with "nerf this!" posts: Look at the FAMAS in BO1.

Just my two cents....

zvers wrote:

I see your point with shotguns and pistols in CQC but they will get annihilated at Med to long range and SMG's are decent at Medium range. They toend them down a bit because they were outgunning powerful AR's. At least that's the way I see it.

Also, they don't go to the forums for nerf advice. They don't see one thread and say, "that's what they want!". Treyarch just listens for general complaints IMO but THEY are the deciding factor if it gets a nerf or not. The frequency of whine posts doesn't dictate that. Example, AN94.

Another example of how Treyarch deals with "nerf this!" posts: Look at the FAMAS in BO1.

Just my two cents....

Ya, but I just think about all the nerf thread posters and wonder how many of'em actually take the time to go through the necessary means of communication, wherever that might be and that's how they determine which ones to nerf or buff. LOL, I guess I'm happy to admit that I'm a complete noob when it comes to that type of gaming for I really don't have too many complaints. If the poop gets too deep, I just go play Madden 13 or Grid 2. Both are good distractions from the CoD scene.

Yppecaye_the_Dogged

TheLegend28 wrote:

4) Stats mean nothing. Be proud of your 5 KD and 1000000 SPM, but realize it means absolutely nothing. I beat people with far superior stats to mine, and get beat by people with inferior stats. At the end of the day all that matters is the present. Stats are a measure of the past, what the player is presently doing is what determines whether or not they are good or bad.

If the stats are honestly earned, it means something.  Have a friend who has 2.4+KD/330+SPM in TDM (pre-Arms Race)--the stats are a result of him simply being really good.

5) Prestige, being a high level and having diamond guns simply takes time played. The amount of players who respond to "you suck" with "I have diamond SMGs" or "I am a prestige master" is embarassing. These things don't set you apart or make you special, it means you put more time into it than others.

Honestly, I've never really come across this. It's usually the other way around.  That is, people mocking people with MP and diamond/gold camos. 

I guess some kids think MP/camos are a big deal.  But I earned mine simply for the challenge of getting them.  It has always been part of gaming to level up and get little rewards.

6) You can't win a gunfight if you don't fire a shot. Quickscoping, shotguns and all other OHK weapons draw a ton of hate. Sorry, you have no basis to complain if you didn't fire a shot. "OMGzzz da KSG izz sOOooo OPPPed cuz h3 kIlLLed me frrom a miLEee awaay!!!!!" I respond to that by saying, you didn't fire a shot, you deserve to shoot back.

Huh?

7) Running away accomplishes nothing. If you see someone in front of you, fire your gun. There is a respawn button.

Huh huh?

...every game there is someone who is complaining...

Don't look now, but you're kinda complaining yourself.

rlbl

Yppecaye_the_Dogged wrote:

Huh?

7) Running away accomplishes nothing. If you see someone in front of you, fire your gun. There is a respawn button.

Huh huh?

...every game there is someone who is complaining...

Don't look now, but you're kinda complaining yourself.

point 6 and point 7 are basically talking about how you should be more aware of the enemy location and shooting at them, instead of exposing yourself (lol) to be killed by someone half way across the map.

Running away - many people tend to run from gun fights, esp while going for a streak. They feel they can stay alive and pick a better battle (often from a distance lowering the probability of losing)

Complaining - this thread is not a complaint really.. your definition is very encompassing.

Yppecaye_the_Dogged

rlbl wrote:

point 6 and point 7 are basically talking about how you should be more aware of the enemy location and shooting at them, instead of exposing yourself (lol) to be killed by someone half way across the map.

Running away - many people tend to run from gun fights, esp while going for a streak. They feel they can stay alive and pick a better battle (often from a distance lowering the probability of losing)

I see.  I guess it depends on why they run away.  You'll definitely see me run and displace after killing 2 or 3 guys and nearly dead.

Complaining - this thread is not a complaint really.. your definition is very encompassing.

We can differ on this one.

theroc23

Good point. In reality it's called falling back to cover. It's smart gameplay when you're rushing ahead with your teammates only to have them ALL get wiped out and leave you 1 v the entire enemy team. As I said, the OP makes some good points, but the over generalization and somewhat narrow viewpoints standout too.

Variables

Variables

Variables

Variables

They complicate things. 

"In my book, experience outranks everything."

I have something to add:

If you do bad, quit coming to the forums and friggin complaining about how you were "5 seconds behind" because of lag, or "they were hacking." In reality, the lag in this game is less/equal as MW3 (which for me was so bad i sold it, but to others was fine) and you aren't seconds behind, you're fractions of a seconds. By staying in a laggy game you aren't keeping any sort of moral intergrity. Just leave the game and find a new one. Hackers are basically nonexistant. Ive met maybe 3 or 4 prestige hackers and only 1 aimbotter and 1 guy with like 9 attatchments on his gun. In those games, I just left and never saw them again. Complaining to the forums has only made treyarch turn a deaf ear to us because it becomes a story of the boy who cried wolf. There is maybe a tiny percent of people who are really having these problems. But in the end the masses are still overjoyed with the game. B02 has to be my 2nd or 3rd favorite cod. And yet people who think that shotguns should have the range of a spitball will still complain, as well as people who hate quickscoping, camping, ghost, flak jacket, the RC XD, the FAL, the DSR, and basically every thing in the game. Complainers never win. Deal with the problems and when something important comes up THEN complain, and it will get fixed.

theroc23

Makes a lot of sense, but without actually being in their shoes how can you confidently be so so sure that the issues they are personally experiencing aren't important enough to complain about?

There are issues with this game. We've all experienced them. Most have been brought to the devs attention. If something you conplained about months ago hasn't been addressed by this point, chances are it won't be. If it truly runs your experience, don't play. I guess my main point is accept there are issues and learn to play with them or don't play at all

theroc23

That's pretty much the gist of it. IMO the game probably plays fine for the large majority of the community, unfortunately there appears to be a minority of players that fall into a mysterious connection whole that precludes them from having the advantage of fair game-play that most are given. Unfortunately complaining is a big part of human nature and this is naturally going to be a place where people are going to do it. My issue is with people on the other side continually trying to beat these players down when they're obviously experiencing some issues to a larger degree than we are.