45 Replies Latest reply: Jun 29, 2013 6:17 AM by ghamorra RSS

    PS4 price vs X1 price.

      PS4 is $399

      X1 is $499

       

      Which one will you buy?

       

      I know I am buying the X1, even with all the controversy.

        • Re: PS4 price vs X1 price.
          SawYer

          PS4!

          • Re: PS4 price vs X1 price.
            ghamorra

            X1: The casual gamer who splits there time across all mediums (TV, online, gaming). Has some good exclusives and will be a moderate competitor in all media markets

             

            PS4: For the true gamer who wants a true gaming console. The best exclusives and the best overall gaming console. My personal pick

             

            I think Sony loves their community the most. They're not spending time buying out the market but putting effort into exclusives that gamers really want. When it comes right down to it Sony has the gamers back

            • Re: PS4 price vs X1 price.
              Sun627girl

              I'll be getting a PlayStation 4. I'm curious to see how they'll compete with each other in sales. Let the console wars begin.

              • Re: PS4 price vs X1 price.
                Adam407

                i played mostly 360 80% but ill be getting a playstation 4.

                • Re: PS4 price vs X1 price.

                  my pc can do more than both of them combined. ps4 wins this round medium diff /thread. Rally how much longer are you gunna be mascot for the x1?

                  • Re: PS4 price vs X1 price.
                    mdub

                    RallyOrDie wrote:

                     

                    PS4 is $399

                    X1 is $499

                     

                    Which one will you buy?

                     

                    I know I am buying the X1, even with all the controversy.

                    I cant imagine why anyone, would buy the xbox one. The only question I have is.... how many people, at Microsoft, are going to get fired?

                     

                    You would have to be a complete fool, to accept the DRM restrictions on the XBOX. Absolute fool.

                    • Re: PS4 price vs X1 price.

                      I am definitley going for the PS4. Hands down a better console, better exclusives (Gran Turismo Franchise), and a better deal.

                      • Re: PS4 price vs X1 price.

                        PS4, better games, better deal. All X1 has is TitanFall, but I can play it on 360 or PC. 

                        • Re: PS4 price vs X1 price.
                          stonculd

                          You would have to be out of your tree to buy the Xbox one over the PS4. Lets see better hardware specs, $10 less for your yearly subscribtion with free games(which Microsoft is johnny come latley on), supports used game sales, or no drm, at a lower price point. Plenty of games are in developement for the first year for both systems so that's a moot point, and I could care less about saving my gamer score. As far as the media centric stuff I don't want to leave my console on to wat ch tv. I have a smart tv for all that anyway. Voice recognition software is usually really buggy as well so I don't want that feature. As far as I can tell Microsoft has just shot themselves in the foot, I also predict a slow start for sales and they will end up removing DRM, and online checkin, as well as lowering the price.

                          • Re: PS4 price vs X1 price.

                            The reason the X1 is more expensive is because of Kinect. No other reason.

                             

                            The reason I'm getting an X1 is not because Microsoft is awesome its because I like there games better (and there controller), I also am not effected by the policies they are implementing (used games, internet) and thus don't care.

                              • Re: PS4 price vs X1 price.

                                That is the main reason why I am buying the X1.  I like the games more and the controller just makes those games much easier to play.  Used games, and always online haven't been a big deal with me either.  I don't buy used games and I really don't trade them in.  I have been playing games online since 2004 with PS2 Online.

                              • Re: PS4 price vs X1 price.
                                cranium2001

                                I'm going to try to get both. I reserved the Xbox One today. I was kind of surprised by the $100 deposit, but I know I'm buying one anyways. I will probably reserve the ps4 next week. I have an 8 year old son so they will both get used by both of us. I'm still trying to wrap my head around the $1000 I have  to spend, at the minimum.

                                • Re: PS4 price vs X1 price.
                                  ghosthound

                                  X1 without hesitation.

                                   

                                  The PS4 may be great gaming console, but that is all it will ever be.

                                   

                                  The X1 will be a great entertainment console and thus the superior choice.

                                   

                                   

                                  Sony used to be one of the two biggest electronics manufacturers (the other being Panasonic) in the world. Both have been surpassed by Samsung & LG. Sony has been in decline as a company for some time.Their faux sympathy for 'true gamers' is touching, but it won't help them turn a profit - something their shareholders might have concerns about.

                                    • Re: PS4 price vs X1 price.
                                      ghamorra

                                      ghosthound wrote:

                                       

                                      The PS4 may be great gaming console, but that is all it will ever be.

                                      If you knew what Sony is right now and what will carry over to the PS4 you would have never made this comment. Outside of being a TV Sony has (at this very moment) almost every other feature the X1 will have and honestly, from what I've seen, it's better at implementing these features right now with the PS3 than the X1

                                    • Re: PS4 price vs X1 price.

                                      How about you nerds keep your crappy threads out of the ot. THANK YOU VERY MUCH

                                      • Re: PS4 price vs X1 price.
                                        stonculd

                                        Just found out DayZ will be on the PS4, and not the Xbone! I would have made the decision just based on this to go with PS4. The makers of DayZ said that Microsofts policies on indie developers are too cost prohibitive,  due to requiring a publisher and a $10, 000 fee per update. So which company supports indie developers better? Everyone keeps trying to say that Microsofts DRM policies are to support devs and publishers, but I think, and this instance goes to show it's nothing but a cash grab from the minds of Microsoft, and their new partnership with EA. PS4 will be the new best system for indie games, unless Microsoft rethinks how their Xbox Arcade policies geared at indie game makers.

                                        • Re: PS4 price vs X1 price.

                                          PlayStation 4 because most of my friends are getting it, and I like the controller.

                                          • Re: PS4 price vs X1 price.
                                            ToxicFuture

                                            PlayStation 4 because it's the obvious choice.

                                            • Re: PS4 price vs X1 price.
                                              Sun627girl

                                              Smart idea to delete that, a flame war would of broke out.

                                              • Re: PS4 price vs X1 price.

                                                I've been happy with my 360 so I'll be upgrading to the xbox one...Price isn't an issue as far as I'm concerned...I like their games....... looking forward to TitanFall and Forza so far.

                                                 

                                                Kinect I don't want but clearly we have no choice, it'll just have to face the wall..... or if you can purchase longer leads, I'll stick it the attic.

                                                • Re: PS4 price vs X1 price.
                                                  WolfRidge

                                                  I'll be sticking with PlayStation (since PS1), I just think their promotion of the PS4 was really impressive and the fact they have made a console for developers/gamers has really impressed the PlayStation faithfull and beyond

                                                   

                                                  Gamers should just make their choice and stick to it. The Xbox looks good as well, so what ever choice people make I'm sure they wont be disappointed.

                                                   


                                                  • Re: PS4 price vs X1 price.
                                                    ghosthound

                                                    X1.

                                                     

                                                    The extra $100 doesn't bother me in the slightest - I spend that much everytime I go to the store & buy Blu-ray's.

                                                      • Re: PS4 price vs X1 price.

                                                        Another thing is you get what you pay for, and the Xbox One comes with more.

                                                          • Re: PS4 price vs X1 price.
                                                            ghamorra

                                                            Define "more". The PS4 is a $100 cheaper but comes with "more" power. Are you referring to Kinect, because Sony offers a camera system too but they recognize that not even half the buyers of consoles are remotely interested in and will never use any form of motion capturing hardware therefore they don't force you into buying it. However, they do sell it as an accessory.

                                                             

                                                            Are you referring to the TV service? Sony currently offers TV services but it's not that extensive because people don't care, they buy a gaming console for gaming and that's what you pay for. What is this "more" and do people really want to pay for it?

                                                             

                                                            I'm not trying to bash the X1 but this playful style of journalism that articles are employing is blurring the true value of these consoles. On paper it looks like the X1 is a better console and better buy but if you actually look into what's truly being offered and look into the the details of each bundle and console closely you'll see that Microsoft isn't really giving people what should truly be offered to gamers.

                                                             

                                                            Buy the X1 if you want a full service entertainment system that's not focused on gaming. But if you want a gaming console like most (if not all) consumers want the PS4 is what you should be looking at.

                                                              • Re: PS4 price vs X1 price.
                                                                iivrruummii

                                                                Xbox One has more features.  Saying that the PS4 has more power than the Xbox One doesn't mean much because it was the same as the previous generation and the Xbox 360 did just as well.

                                                                ghamorra wrote:

                                                                 

                                                                Buy the X1 if you want a full service entertainment system that's not focused on gaming. But if you want a gaming console like most (if not all) consumers want the PS4 is what you should be looking at.

                                                                This is the most subjective argument ever created to compare the two consoles, and has no substance to comparing the consoles.  Ya the Xbox One is a full entertainment device, I will agree with that but the next part is just a bandwagon putdown.

                                                          • Re: PS4 price vs X1 price.

                                                            Playstation 4 ...its more powerful and in the long run i think most cross system games will be made on it as opposed to this gen where the ps3 is a pain to dev for .

                                                            its like a phone , more powerful ,better graphics and cheaper , il go with it .

                                                            also sonys exclusives are amazing compared to xboxes just my opinion

                                                              • Re: PS4 price vs X1 price.
                                                                iivrruummii

                                                                Compare the Xbox One against the Apple TV  With what you said then this will be true: the Xbox One will definitely win because the Xbox One is $500+ cheaper, more powerful, than Apples TV, $500 gaming/TV console vs $1000+ TV with the same features excluding gaming.  And we all know that Apple cannot make a decent gaming console, aka Pippin.  I can see many people picking up the Xbox One because of this just like many people picked up the PS3 because it was the cheapest Blu-Ray player on the market and also played games.

                                                                  • Re: PS4 price vs X1 price.
                                                                    ghamorra

                                                                    I have a feeling consumers will have to pay extra fees for TV, I'm sure there are going to be free channels but all the good stuff will need a paid subscription

                                                                    • Re: PS4 price vs X1 price.

                                                                      i get what you are saying just i dont think that the xbox one will be that great when it comes to TV ,especially for fans outside of america ,most europeans dont care for american sports so the xbox one fails there , but i have a laptop , a tv , a phone so why would i need my gaming console to feature anything other than gaming or social features .

                                                                      the xbox one is basically paying sony for rights to use blue ray on the one , the ps4 as stated is the more powerful of the 2 systems , is apparantly easier to develop on than the one ,fact is real gamers will buy the ps4 . the only people concerned about the xbox one are either still hung up on 1 month DLC exclusivity on a dying franchise or are in general are just fanboys .i sound fanboy like in my post here but the xbox 360 was a better overall games console than the ps3 , the ps4 is going to be the better choice this time

                                                                        • Re: PS4 price vs X1 price.
                                                                          iivrruummii

                                                                          EvoSBA wrote:

                                                                           

                                                                          i get what you are saying just i dont think that the xbox one will be that great when it comes to TV ,especially for fans outside of america ,most europeans dont care for american sports so the xbox one fails there

                                                                          Fantacy football/soccer is extremely big in Europe.  I have a laptop, tv, and phone also but it doesn't mean that I cannot use my gaming console for other than gaming.  They aren't forcing people to use the TV features, but there are they for the people that want them, and as a hardcore gamer like me won't use them that much but when I want to use them, I know they are there.

                                                                          EvoSBA wrote:


                                                                          the xbox one is basically paying sony for rights to use blue ray on the one

                                                                          Sony isn't the only one that owns the rights to Blu-Ray.  MS don't have to Sony anything for putting a Blu-Ray in their console.

                                                                          EvoSBA wrote:


                                                                          is apparantly easier to develop on than the one ,fact is real gamers will buy the ps4 . the only people concerned about the xbox one are either still hung up on 1 month DLC exclusivity on a dying franchise or are in general are just fanboys .i sound fanboy like in my post here but the xbox 360 was a better overall games console than the ps3 , the ps4 is going to be the better choice this time

                                                                          Stop making up facts, it just proves that you don't know anything.  As for the last statement that is only speculation and doesn't hold much substance.  I personally am not buying a PS4 because ever game they I want to play is for both consoles or an Xbox Exclusive.  I am not buying a Xbox One just because of COD Ghosts' exclusivity.  I am buying a X1 because it is a better investment into the gaming market, in my opinion.  People with closed eyes cannot see it, and the fanboys are just too ignorant in the first place.  The PS4 may be better hardware wise but so was the PS3 and that console didn't do so well at the beginning.

                                                                            • Re: PS4 price vs X1 price.
                                                                              WolfRidge

                                                                              You have made your opinion perfectly clear you're an Xbox gamer, I'm a PlayStation man

                                                                               

                                                                              What confuses me is why people are so concerned with the choices other people make.  Both systems look good, in the end it's all down to personal preference, why should it concern any of us what system people are going to use when we'll never play on the same network?

                                                                               

                                                                              Just for the record, the PS4 looks much more on track at this point than the PS3, at E3 the PS3 received a luke warm reception.  At this E3 the PS4 looked very solid....

                                                                               

                                                                              http://blog.us.playstation.com/2013/06/28/e3-2013-playstation-devs-rake-in-award s-accolades/

                                                                              • Re: PS4 price vs X1 price.

                                                                                im not making up facts ,you say i dont know anything then say its not just sony who use blue ray ,you see i would take you seriously if you realised that blue ray is a patented product owned by around 15 companies but founded by sony and another,sony has huge shares in blueray,meaning sony and or around 15 companies have shares in it (none microsoft) own the rights to it ,if microsoft use it ,believe me they payed for it  . the reason the ps3 didnt do well was for a number of reasons , it released a year later than the 360 , it was very expensive , cross console games were hard to develop on , all these issues are have been eradicated ,its cheaper , more powerful and easy to develop on .

                                                                                as for fantasy football , yes its big in europe ,im british so its probably most popular here , but my point was microsoft pushed all the american sports on their showcase , that is what brits and europeans in general dont care about ,so what is your point .

                                                                                get whichever you will fact is microsoft will only do well in the USA as opposed to the rest of the world ,but its a worrying sign when they are being out pre ordered in their major sales country

                                                                                • Re: PS4 price vs X1 price.
                                                                                  ghamorra

                                                                                  Sony owns Blu-Ray, it's trademarked by Sony. Any use of anything that's Blu-Ray would require payment to Sony (and the other founders of Blu-Ray. However, Sony makes computers that use MS's OS so I wouldn't be a bit surprised if there's some kind of trade involved. Neither of you are really right here, Sony doesn't exclusively own Blu-Ray and MS doesn't get to add it to their console without some bartering.

                                                                                   

                                                                                  As far as the console being gamer friendly, Sony admits that it doesn't care about TV services or fighting MS for exclusive rights on every game. Sony said they are only concerned with providing the best console for gamers and because of that the PS3 destroys (and that's a modest word) the X1 in gaming performance. It beats the X1 by double in just about every category.

                                                                                   

                                                                                  MS openly stated that it wants to provide its consumers with a full entertainment exerpience, thus we have the X1. The problem is though that on paper both consoles look very similar and most people don't understand that Sony's slight changes are a big deal. This is the only reason the X1 looks to be better than the PS4, it looks like everything the PS4 is and more, but it's not. Honestly, the TV services will sell the X1 at first but once people see that Sony offers similar things as far as services go the I see sales falling flat for MS.

                                                                                   

                                                                                  Devs have also come out and said that Sony is the most supportive as far as developing games. They bend over backwards for developers to make sure they can successfully get their games on their consoles. Last I heard about MS was one developer saying the same thing about MS a week after several indie devs complained about MS's inability to work with them and how they were difficult and rude. This one dev came out blessing MS which was later found out that they were PAID to say nice things about them.