29 Replies Latest reply on May 22, 2013 6:41 PM by Viper-BSM RSS

Recoil, what recoil?

I find a lot people are using LMGs with the dualband or ACOG and the recoil is no exsistant. Same with the targetfinder on 80% of guns just no recoil so unfair.

• Test #1
          Re: Recoil, what recoil?

Yep - your point?

Last Edited: Jan 9, 2013 5:25 PM
          • Test #1

If you're looking for a counter, pull out the Vector. The thing is an absolute laser beam, with no recoil whatsoever, even without Foregrip. I love it.

Last Edited: Jan 9, 2013 5:26 PM
            • Test #1

LMGs are suppose to be long range weapons.

Last Edited: Jan 9, 2013 5:30 PM
                • Test #1

But LMGs with high fire-rate, high caliber rounds being shot at full auto and being cross mapped and there's no recoil? ok because that's balenced.  And when a scope is added you expect more recoil while looking through it.

Last Edited: Jan 9, 2013 5:34 PM
                    • Test #1

Ok get your point now you are getting owned by LMG with various scopes and your reasoning - because of low recoil.

As you point out LMG with scopes and low recoils are now very common - agree

Q: thousands go up against this combo and win with no problem what's stops you?

Last Edited: Jan 9, 2013 5:41 PM
                      • Test #1

Burst fire can turn every full automatic weapon into a sniper rifle even the SMGs. I don't know how much a scope affects the recoil but i've read somewhere that the Target Finder reduces the recoil. Then its a TF problem and not LMGs. I've been killed by SMGs across the map a lot, thats not balanced either.

Last Edited: Jan 9, 2013 5:40 PM
                        • Test #1

pixhackerr wrote:

But LMGs with high fire-rate, high caliber rounds being shot at full auto and being cross mapped and there's no recoil? ok because that's balenced.  And when a scope is added you expect more recoil while looking through it.

You wrote this ages ago but whatever.  They have minimal recoil because they are heavy, as reflected in their slowest speeds for movement and ADS times etc. and so it does not hinder their longer range abilities, otherwise people may as well use an AR.  I see no reason why adding an optic should increase the recoil of a gun out of principle.  Reflex sight doesn't, and the ACOG and EOTech sights decreases it.  By the way, the FAL and SMR fire the same calibre rounds as the MK48.  Perhaps the FAL should have a lot more recoil because it's much lighter than an LMG.

Last Edited: May 22, 2013 8:16 AM
                      • Test #1

Yeah LMG recoil in this game is a joke.  I think the target finder attachment should have more recoil especially on the LMGs. 

Last Edited: Jan 9, 2013 5:30 PM
                        • Test #1

The ADS for LMGs in this game is so ridiculously sluggish.

Last Edited: Jan 9, 2013 6:27 PM
                          • Test #1

its just sloppy programming. They seem to have a hard time matching animations to mechanics.

Last Edited: Jan 9, 2013 7:49 PM
                            • Test #1

People ***** about everything this days... I am personally working on the last lmg for the diamond atm... and I get owned by your ******* smg users all the time but you dont see me making a post to ***** about how they can kill you half across the map with a short range gun do ya??? lol Anyhow all guns in this game are fine with me with the exeption of shotguns other than the ksg killing from surprising ranges...

Last Edited: Jan 9, 2013 7:55 PM
                              • Test #1

All guns need more recoil. So stupid how little recoil the guns have, its a joke!!

Last Edited: Jan 9, 2013 8:04 PM
                                • Test #1

Try using a LMG..it sucks. You pretty much are stuck camping in one spot. Anytime you move if someone sees you, you die. The ADS time is horrid, hip firing isn't an option, the spray is too bad, and you run slow. I use mine on CTF for defense, if your dying to it alot, stop running the same way everytime and come from a different direction. I kill people constantly because they act like there is only one way to get to the flag.

Last Edited: Jan 9, 2013 8:18 PM
                                  • Test #1

Pretty sure if you stick a big ol' heavy sight ontop of a gun then it would reduce recoil

Last Edited: May 22, 2013 8:06 AM
                                      • Test #1

Yep.  Don't people study Newtonian physics in school these days?  Then again, people say Edison invented the lightbulb and Einstein split the atom so I won't get my hopes up.

Last Edited: May 22, 2013 8:09 AM
                                        • Test #1

It's not that simple.  The additional weight of a scope is nothing compared to the overall weight of an AR or especially an LMG.

Plus think about the basic geometry of the triangle formed between your line of sight, your target, and your barrel's new line of sight after a "jump" of recoil.  Even with the same "jump" (aka physical recoil, assuming recoil is just upward, for simplicity, though it doesn't weaken the argument), the further out your target is from you, the greater the perception of the actual/physical "jump" of the gun.  Picture the right triangle described before -- as the vertical line gets further away, your triangle continues to get taller, right?  ad infinitum, if you continue to move your target (and thus your vertical line) away.

In other words, a scope stretches out your vision to a longer distance (duh, right?).  Looking down that longer line of sight, any movement of the barrel of your gun would result in a proportionately larger impact on your perceived recoil.  Obviously the gun wouldn't physically jump more just b/c a scope was added, but if you're ADS, the perceived jump of recoil would/should be bigger.

Last Edited: May 22, 2013 8:56 AM
                                        • Test #1

Maybe they are burst firing?

Last Edited: May 22, 2013 6:41 PM