26 Replies Latest reply: May 17, 2013 12:42 PM by UnRest RSS

Simple and Sweet -

Izjar11

COD,

Its Friday (great day) and let me be the first to say that the new DLC "Uprising" is by far the best DLC I have experienced, not even MW3 final Content 4 (parish, gulch & boardwalk) have no comparison.

Studio / Firing Range: Fantastic, design and overall feeling is just right

Magma: Felt good, many areas to move about

Vertigo: Good overall, domination B' battles are very intense.

Encore: Pending to play it.

Mob of the dead: Great addition to ZomBIe list.

Overall, im very pleased with this release, the maps don't feel too complicated but right. Id say good work on this one T'

Note: If my opinion varies from yours, its cool but do not let the "hate" factor take control of what you say...Chill.

• Re: Simple and Sweet -

i think its the best map pack since mw2.

mw2 dlc was amazing(map design wise) w@w map packs were impressive also and Cod 4s variety maps were great especially chinatown.

for value its the best but map quality is what i base a map pack on and although good and the best for a long time.....still not the best

Izjar11

PsnEvans020 wrote:

i think its the best map pack since mw2.

mw2 dlc was amazing(map design wise) w@w map packs were impressive also and Cod 4s variety maps were great especially chinatown.

for value its the best but map quality is what i base a map pack on and although good and the best for a long time.....still not the best

i'll say your right, its not the best but its (to me) top 3.

phxs72

Studio: Is just like I remember it.  Definitely a great map but I must say that it's pretty obvious who has and who has not played it before.  The matches can get really lopsided really quickly at the moment but I'd imagine that will change in the coming weeks.

Magma:  I honestly couldn't believe how smoothly I could go from one side of the map to the other.  It probably had something to do with my competition being too timid but I was whooping up on teams with ease on this one.  It's good for both ARs and SMGs.

Vertigo: Definitely a challenging map when it comes to the fight for B.  It's a relatively small map.  So the action is non-stop.

Encore:  A ton of action on this one.  The map itself is midsized but the routes to the B flag from either side are very quick.  Controlling that central area (the stage) is crucial to winning on this one.

MOTD:  I haven't gotten to it yet but I'm looking forward to it.

Izjar11

Studio: Is just like I remember it.  Definitely a great map but I must say that it's pretty obvious who has and who has not played it before.  The matches can get really lopsided really quickly at the moment but I'd imagine that will change in the coming weeks.

I feel exactly the same, people who played it in BO are taking advantage (I am) and destroying the NoObs. That will change soon.

Magma:  I honestly couldn't believe how smoothly I could go from one side of the map to the other.  It probably had something to do with my competition being too timid but I was whooping up on teams with ease on this one.  It's good for both ARs and SMGs.

yup, felt it smooth and was runnning to and from.

Vertigo: Definitely a challenging map when it comes to the fight for B.  It's a relatively small map.  So the action is non-stop.

Flanking is what I was doing most of the time here, fights for B' endless.

Encore:  A ton of action on this one.  The map itself is midsized but the routes to the B flag from either side are very quick.  Controlling that central area (the stage) is crucial to winning on this one.

Good stuff, pending to play it.

And MOB is really fun, the

For MP I actually prefered Revolution.

Studio is OK but it just doesn't play the way it used to.

Vertigo is probably my favourite map.It's a lot of fun.

Encore is pretty good. It's a decent size (not too small or large) but the headglitching on that map...

Magma is my least favourite. The headglitching, the map fatalities etc all make for an unenjoyable experience

For Zombies I definately prefer Uprising. MOTD is really good and I'm glad that we've finally got a good zombies map (I hate Tranzit and Die Rise, NTZ was ok but not really that great). I'm looking forward to getting to some higher rounds and going for the golden spork.

gotsomestars

I give it about a 7. Its probably only me but I'd like to see something new. Every single map has the same basic layout. Only the scale changes. You have three routes, left right middle. On every map. I still have fun, I should just lower expectations. Just seems there are endless possibilities of things they could do as far as layouts. But I guess they want to keep it simple for those who don't want to have to think strategically.

Izjar11

gotsomestars wrote:

I give it about a 7. Its probably only me but I'd like to see something new. Every single map has the same basic layout. Only the scale changes. You have three routes, left right middle. On every map. I still have fun, I should just lower expectations. Just seems there are endless possibilities of things they could do as far as layouts. But I guess they want to keep it simple for those who don't want to have to think strategically.

yea they do use the same routine, there is probably a very good reason for it as opposed to creating choke points.

Could you imagine the complaining if the three route option is removed?

ghamorra

Encore reminds me of Stadium so much, it's nothing like it but for some reason I'm having flashbacks to that map

TheBeastlyDude

I like most of the maps but Magma, right now, is really a camper's paradise. I feel with the other maps, there are plenty of ways to get to the other side of the map but on magma, you can just about stay in your spawn and nail those who are coming at you with ease and behind cover.

I know it will change once players start moving about without being scared but right now, magma is not getting my vote.

xxMr-Primexx

Studio: Looks great. To me it feels a little bigger then Firing Range

Magma: Ran into lots of people sitting in corners, but I like it.

Vertigo: Have not played it yet

Encore: I absolutely hate this map. Played 2 games of HCKC on it and they seemed to take hours to finish,

Comparing to Revolution ( the only dlc i bougth as i only started COD with BO2 ) this Map Pack is Better IMO.

Revolution give me 2 Maps that i really like and have fun playing ( Grind and Hydro ) , 1 that i can play and have fun but it not on my favorite maps ( Downhill ) and another one that i dont like much and dont have much fun out of it, never had since the first games.

These new Maps, all of them, are very fun to play to me. I really like all of them, and feel like i will have a good time playing on them each match. Magma is the one i have to adapt a little more. And as i am going for Peacekeeper GOLD i think all of them are friendly for this weapon .

The Vets know much better than me but i think this Map Pack is really good work from 3ARCH.

these maps are better than the first

Damn, I made a thread about new dlc and how much I liked it.

Didn't see this one. I must delete mine lol.

But I totally agree ego. Best dlc and credit where it is due, T' done an excellent job on this and imo, is the best dlc from all previous cods.

Looks like they are getting things going good, even 2 people that did prestige glitch got 8 day bans and reset to no prestige level 1. Things are looking up

Let me start off by saying I hate every single opinion you voice .

In all seriousness I'll say what I said on Lucinas, I shouldn't ever have to worry about dieing because of map hazards, I don't know anybody in the CoD community that asked for it, maybe they should start listening to the customers. To me the DLC maps are unplayable for the first month because it's just people camping. I think I've played ike 8 or 9 online games on the DLC maps and the rest against bots, who still manage to hipfire their DSR's at you and get OHK's.

Studio: Not a huge fan. Nice nostalgia effect but I can't seem to spawn on that map. Ill give it a few days before I make a final judgement on it.

Magma: Fun, easy traffic patters, STUPID F*CKING LAVA THAT KILLS YOU

Vertigo: Reminds me alot of Overwatch. Like the map, the spawns are a bit questionable, but it's still very good.

Encore: the most intricate map and the one that shows up the least. I've played it 3-4 times and just haven't gotten the traffic patterns down yet. There are alot of ways to make it to the same spot which I like and means it has potential

I've only tried each one of them for a very brief amount of time but I am enjoying all of the new maps so far.

The Firing Range reskin/edit (Studio) was a job well done.

And Mob of the Dead is the best Zombies DLC in a long time imo.

Having said that. Less then decent MP maps is a no-no considering how much we pay for the DLC Map Packs (or the Season Pass). All the DLC maps should be at least decent (in my opinion), they owe us (the players) that.