12 Replies Latest reply: May 13, 2013 2:59 PM by cranium2001 RSS

Thanks!

yovlud

I got thrown in to a lobby against 2 players with 6+ k/d ratios in team deathmatch...glad skill based match making is real, or else I'd get thrown in to lobbies against players with 6+ kill death ratios!

• Re: Thanks!
          Schoat333

The host probably ditched the game. Thats always causes weird stuff to happen.

Did you stay or leave? Howd it turn out?

Devi0us

Exagerate Much? I've played many hours of TDM and yet to come across anyone with a 6+ KD! Prob more like 2+!

Run_N_Gunning_Camper

The highest I've seen was a 5KD with 400+ SPM with 60K kills IIRC. It's pretty rare to see such beasts.

In fairness to the OP..They are rare but do exist, I've played against a 6+ K/D player....Played 7 games in the same lobby, had at least 20 kills every game and a max of 3 deaths.

vims1990

Devi0us wrote:

Exagerate Much? I've played many hours of TDM and yet to come across anyone with a 6+ KD! Prob more like 2+!

Could have been those players who reset their stats just to have a high K/D. I've seen a number of players do it.

Not sure why people do it to be honest. I worked all the way to Prestige Master and I'm not willing to lose all my custom classes and gold/diamond-camo weapons etc just to reset for something I don't care about.

Devi0us

Lol I've recently started a new account because I've been bored. Prestige master is hardly a achievement it just shows how much you've played. I started a new account for challenges again and to see what Kd I am at now.

Izjar11

yovlud wrote:

I got thrown in to a lobby against 2 players with 6+ k/d ratios in team deathmatch...glad skill based match making is real, or else I'd get thrown in to lobbies against players with 6+ kill death ratios!

Sorry, but you going against tougher opponents is a bad thing? Why not welcome the chance to kill some difficult players?

nicedrewishfela

It is one of the elements in matchmaking, not the only one.

JSlayer211

So who should the 6+ k/d players play against? That pool has to be a very small pool of people with 6+ k/d ratios so they would never get a game. Me personally, I would say I am average player but I often times get faced with some beastly teams. The problem that occurs though, I believe it's based on the party hosts stats for how it finds matches. Imagine those 6+ k/d players have a friend with a terrible account that makes the parties and does the lobby searching so they can all pub stomp on noobs for gameplays and stat boosting, thus the 6+ k/d.

I played with a guy who was 6+ k/d he went 18-2 and camped in the back of Slums, got his sentry gun set it up and just kept head glitching, did have more than like 20K kills so u knew he was just exploiting the K/d ratio

cranium2001

I never worry about spm or k/d. I just try to beat better players. I understand the frustration of 1/2 over games, but I'd never leave a lobby because someone is better than me. I like a challenge.