32 Replies Latest reply: May 2, 2013 10:08 AM by MoonUnit RSS

More cheating

Is anything going to be done concerning the amount of cheats being used? Watch your killcams and you"ll notice how many aimbots are out there.

• Re: More cheating

I've yet to see a single instance of this in all my almost 2 days total play time.

Run_N_Gunning_Camper

Aimbots on Killcams? Please explain.

There are no aimbots in this game.

Do you mean that sight that highlights the other player?

kellysa111

Slightly OT but...

I accidentally turned aim assist off one time while switching back from default stick layout. I went the whole day wondering why the hell I wasn't aiming right.

doh

At the start of the game(launch) I turned aim assist or more properly STICKY aim off for about 3 days by mistake! lol I was having real difficulty staying on target ! I could get on target but finishing him off was another story . With gun recoil and the in accuracy that using a pad has I just couldn't stay on target and started getting really frustrated with the game .

As soon as I had realised my mistake and turned it back on my games improved dramatically ! But I'm still recovering from those 3/4 days and my K:D is slowly climbing back up .

Aim bots......I say proof or its shenanigans...........come on

Simply put, people on xbox have ben using a program which they installed onto their system, to uprgrade the aim assit to unstoppable levels, as those players have the ability to turn on an extreme senstivity and kill people in an instant...there have ben a few kill cams where someone is running away from me, i fire a silenced smg/ assualt rifle at them, and they instantly turn towards me on the first bullet fired and headshot me..

There are other times with the single fire (example FAL/SMR) in which people mod their controllers to fire at insane speeds but maintain their accuracy and get kills by essntaily doing nothing besides pressing one button....i recently played a couple games with a guy who had an fal, and fired the gun so fast, to the point that the animations started to fail of the gun fireing and i was headshotted

Lastly, are the lag switchers, those that purposely lag the game, the instant of death or being fired upon, for an instant to move out of the way of fire, or to get a quick kill on someone who just saw them...Again, i have seen this alot, as i would fire at someone with my scorpion, and they would literally jump from one side of the room to the next and kill me

Don't even wat to know why you dug up this dead thread.

hudder92

proof or it didn't happen.

You can't prove a modded controller or lag switch is happening. Most people who use lag switches are smart about it and hit the button randomly so it looks as if it is just a poor host, rather than a cheater. And there is no way to prove someone is using a modded controller. Some people have fast trigger fingers. I have been accursed of using one, and my finger isn't even all that fast, but what I have noticed is lag makes it appear to shoot faster than it is.

Also have you ever considered lag as a reason someone is spinning around and killing you instantly? I have done it to people.. I hear the silenced weapon and spin and shoot. And if the lag is large enough it will appear that the person spun around and shot you before you got that second round off.

zingaa

hudder92 wrote:

proof or it didn't happen.

You can't prove a modded controller or lag switch is happening.

Yes you can, very easy to spot actually .However, I don't think switches are used nearly as much as players think, I've only seen it 3 times that was clearly obvious.

I have noticed that i get shot by people that aim before finishing their reload animation (Like when the clip isn't in) and getting shot without even a piece of my foot being in their screen (They use an iron sight SMG and shoot half way accros the map on hijacked.

hudder92

I'm assuming you are on PC. I have never to this day whitnessed an aimbot on a console.

I'am on XBOX buddy I seen those hax ALOT (maybe if u get ur SPM/ K/D and W/L Up alot u will come with those hackers since those are high SPM becuz of their aimbot.)

darkday

This is simple, when a guy thinks he is good (which DuskShotzz clearly does) anyone who kills them must be cheating, that is the only option that can leave their pride unharmed.  I know that J-tags and other cheating devices exist but I do not believe that they are as wide spread as this guy claims (most people arent going to spend the money on a permanent hack for their xbox that could result in that box being permanently banned on XBL)  Now do I feel sometimes there are people on the other team with an unfair advantage? Yes, but it is due to connection issues that are known issues and the advantage/disadvantage of said connection.  People need to let their pride go so they dont go on these forums and make idiotic claims that EVERYBODY WHO EVAR BEATS ME IS A POOPY HEADED CHEATZOR!.

Really? It was rampant at the end of MW2. Like, 100% obvious, guys snapping to heads and shooting people through 3 walls and staying 100% accurate the entire time obvious. They weren't trying to disguise they were cheating, they were just cheating to rile people.

Hacks certainly exist for console games, but I think the consequences are a little higher (console ban) and it's a little more involved (not just downloading a .exe) so it's not as common.

I haven't seen any obvious hacks for BO2 myself... and a lot of stuff I would normally find suspicious I write off as either built-in aim-assist or a player getting lucky. I've found that a lot of the guys that kill me suspiciously end up doing terrible the rest of the game or in other games... I myself have been accused of cheating when obviously I know I'm not - I just got lucky or had a good game.