1 2 3 4 5 Previous Next 49 Replies Latest reply: Apr 24, 2013 3:53 PM by gallp13 Go to original post RSS
      • 40. Re: How to ruin Call of Duty - Message To Treyarch
        SitRepPro

LMGs also had much better movement speeds in the previous CODs (MW3 and MW2) such as walking speed, strafe speed, ADS, faster reload times with the ability to increase it further, sprint out times etc and no damage drop off either.  And in MW3 using a supressor didn't affect the range of LMGs but I don't remember what MW2 did with the range for LMGs when using a suppressor.  If LMGs were anything like the ones in MW3 or MW2 people will be using them in BO2 far more, e.g. L86 grip and thermal in MW3 or the RPD in MW2.  Plus in BO1, while two LMGs did have 30 round magazines, they also had ARs and SMGs that didn't have a lot of ammo themselves so 30 round LMGs were still a viable choice but that's essentially because they all retained their 3HK distances at all ranges (I think).  Oh and you could actually shoot down a UAV in MW3 with an LMG quite easily.  Try doing that in BO2.  There was no need to use LMGs to take out air support in BO1 but I find myself using them more in BO2.

I'd take some of the LMGs in MW2 or MW3 over BO2 any day for the reasons above.  Only exception is the M60 in MW3 because the irons are rubbish.

• 41. Re: How to ruin Call of Duty - Message To Treyarch
          Bielsalmighty

Yet in previous CoDs that recoil was comparable to other guns. All guns in this game have low recoil, so LMGs need it in turn to be effective at long range. If you had to burst fire your LSAT at long range, whilst the dude with an M27 could just full auto back, the LSAT would get beat out. What on earth would be the point of 75-100 bullets if you cant even compete at the range you are supposed to dominate?

• 42. Re: How to ruin Call of Duty - Message To Treyarch
            Bielsalmighty

I had the error issue too, this is in response to your post below this: Yet in previous CoDs that recoil was comparable to other guns. All guns in this game have low recoil, so LMGs need it in turn to be effective at long range. If you had to burst fire your LSAT at long range, whilst the dude with an M27 could just full auto back, the LSAT would get beat out. What on earth would be the point of 75-100 bullets if you cant even compete at the range you are supposed to dominate?

• 43. Re: How to ruin Call of Duty - Message To Treyarch
              Bielsalmighty

Fallen Paraiah: Yet in previous CoDs that recoil was comparable to other guns. All guns in this game have low recoil, so LMGs need it in turn to be effective at long range. If you had to burst fire your LSAT at long range, whilst the dude with an M27 could just full auto back, the LSAT would get beat out. What on earth would be the point of 75-100 bullets if you cant even compete at the range you are supposed to dominate?

I've had to put this here as this bloody thread wont let me directly answer you

• 44. Re: How to ruin Call of Duty - Message To Treyarch
                Chundi

I hate how they nerfed the KSG. It was very difficult to get good with before, so when you got good you were rewarded. But now it's still just as difficult to use, and gets a hitmarker more often than not.

• 45. Re: How to ruin Call of Duty - Message To Treyarch
                  Chundi

I hate how they nerfed the KSG. It was very difficult to get good with before, so when you got good you were rewarded. But now it's still just as difficult to use, and gets a hitmarker more often than not.

• 46. Re: How to ruin Call of Duty - Message To Treyarch
                    CrashPower

The host does have an advantage. I wonder, why can't they make it like Battlefield 3 where they game keeps going reguardless of who backs out. There is no host. Also, I agree, domination is a huge problem. Get rid of it and bring back hardcore Capture the Flag.

• 47. Re: How to ruin Call of Duty - Message To Treyarch
                      SitRepPro

CrashPower wrote:

The host does have an advantage. I wonder, why can't they make it like Battlefield 3 where they game keeps going reguardless of who backs out. There is no host. Also, I agree, domination is a huge problem. Get rid of it and bring back hardcore Capture the Flag.

All the time?  You got evidence for this?  This game has had reports of so many host dashboards that it cannot be explained solely to the host performing badly etc. when you compare it to other COD titles.

• 48. Re: How to ruin Call of Duty - Message To Treyarch

You hit the nail on the head there. I've also been a CoD player since the beginning because of the amazing fluidity (that no other game seems to be able to match) and loved BOps2 because it has been expanded with amazing depth and progression.

I just got so frustrated with it. Really stupid things like playing offline against bots (a game mode put there for people to enjoy) causing your online stats to corrupt. Progression is fine but nothing is worse than repeating progression over and over when your custom weapon sets (also put there for us to enjoy) reset to default and when you lose tokens and levels.

The worst part for me is the appauling connections. I tried every combination under the sun (something I shouldn't be expected to do). I'm a network admin by profession so I know my stuff about networking (I hope!) but nothing helped provide a playable game, on a 60MB connection. I even bought a new expensive 'designed for gaming' router. Nothing rectifies it and that is a big no no for a game that is nothing without online play. To see the devs denying all knowledge of connection issues was a big kick in the teeth too. Being fobbed off with a rubbish port forwarding guide was unforgivable and I've never seen such a big community uproar about an online game before.

I paid for the first expansion but got cheesed off after I realised there were no improvements. For me it was worse, completely inbalanced and through no fault of my own I couldn't win gunfights. Still getting dumped in lobbies in the U.S, still no choice as to where I connect.

It got too frustrating. I play games to let off steam after work and I ended up more annoyed after playing than I was before I started playing. The easiest thing was to just quit. I haven't played since January and I'm all the better for it. I now play Far Cry 3 and to me it is a breath of fresh air.

I'd love to buy the next in the series but if the trend continues, the series is seriously over. The only people left will be children. I'll be sure to check these forums at release to make sure there aren't constant posts about lag before I go and buy it! I don't care what is causing the lag problems and I shouldn't have to care. All I know (although with thousands of others) is that it is ridiculously bad. They can deny it all they like but they won't get my money.

• 49. Re: How to ruin Call of Duty - Message To Treyarch

And yet BO2 sales are on track to be the biggest CoD in history....go figure

1 2 3 4 5 Previous Next