37 Replies Latest reply: Jun 22, 2014 10:45 AM by biron_w RSS

I will not Bow!

Izjar11

COD

Is it strange that I play this game and I have success with it? Is it shocking that I do not play like most out there, I do not run the typical class, do not use what the crowd uses?

Is it strange that I suffer from latency, that I am host more times than not and I still manage to do decent or go positive? What is it that others seem to complain more than others?

Why is it that I feel I play differently? That I actually aim, that I look before turning a corner, that I use the environment when possible? Do I move the character differently? Is efficiency in game play possible? Or is it, simply I am a so-so player that plays vs total NoOBs? I know I am not alone in this, I run into other players who move well, who give proper contest.

So what is it? Maturity? Anger management? NO!!!!

I refuse to BOW to the excuses that plague this game!

So I created this thread a while back 04/2013 and I am curious, what excuses will be plagued in Advanced Warfare?

Message was edited by: Izjar11

• Re: I will not Bow!
          ghamorra

Are these all rhetorical questions or would you like me to answer them?

Izjar11

ghamorra wrote:

Are these all rhetorical questions or would you like me to answer them?

There is no answer G' because each of us know what I am talking about. Its clear to those who agree, confusing to those who do not. Where are you?

BTW: We need to strategize (group meeting) before we play dom, what we were doing yesterday was for a better word, weak.

ghamorra

We need to go for 'B' in a more controlled manner. I noticed that instead of being smart we just rush the flag in the most direct manner. For instance on Standoff we were getting manhandled from the tractor side. The same guy would flank us from that lane EVERY time

On Plaza we were much more organized in our attack. I noticed people coming in from the club and and from Debo. We ended up winning that match because we had that support.

Meltdown we weren't going to win that match no matter what. For most of the game it was 6v4 and two of our teammates didn't care for the flag, they just wanted kills (which wouldn't have been so bad had those kids not be good players) and didn't listen to anything we said

zvers

Watch out, I heard camper6 is looking to exterminate you!!!!

In all seriousness, I have good games and bad as well but it definitely depends on what's going on "above the neck" if you know what I mean. Maybe it's maturity, maybe it's experience from many installments, maybe it's also understanding the maps and how human beings react in situations hence, 'cutting them off at the pass'. I think situational situational awareness does not come naturally and it is a learned skill for sure.

Izjar11

Camper6?

It is learned, and experience has allot to do with it. We all deal with things differently I suppose, its just that when I read things here, it seems they either:

A) Over exagerate to make themselves feel better.

B) Are simply Drama mamas who can't see clearly.

C) Are way to young to play the game, and cannot cope with competition.

You were missing a key component to victory, you need to strategize when you're going to play better

phxs72

Bingo.  I've actually been playing rather poorly lately but it's pollen season in my area and my focus has been hit and miss.  Allegeries are OP.  However, when I'm not all snotty, I deal with the same things that everyone else does and most of the time I do pretty well.  Granted my definition of well is going positive and being in the top 2 or 3 for the objective.  I get 2+ kd games but I don't need them to feel good about myself.  Sometimes I look like a beast and other times like lately I look like I'm average to subpar in most matches.  Strangely enough it's the same game but I'm the one that changes.  Fortunately for me, my ego can handle the fact that I'm going to have some bad days.  However, the games problems for the most part are overcomeable.  Figuring out how to overcome them is a game within the game.

Izjar11

Yes, the answer to my thread isnt in providing me with it, its really knowing that how you play, what you do will have a positive or negative effect.

Hey, we have to party up...been trying to join your matches but your lobbies are almost always full...To bad, like to test your similar play style, maybe get a first blood medal on you, haha.

phxs72

LOL definately.  The opportunity will be there for you to try.  I'm usually leading the charge to B and I enjoy a good challenge.  We'll see who has the better headglitch/reaction time.  The way I've been playing lately though you probably will have the edge but you never know, I do have my moments of lucidness even still and then I tend to brutalize anyone that gets in my path.  I'm not sure how many first blood medals I have but I know it's quite a few of them.

same here i wonder why is it that i rarely run into these kinds of problems

yet when i come here all i see is people complaining about lag and what not

sennalike

I think you're right.  I have just had three days where I was progressively getting worse.  Then I realised why.  I had a bad day, then I unknowingly slipped into tryhard mode to try to improve.  It becomes a catch 22 situation, the worse you play, the harder you then try to improve with a net result of getting even worse!  Today I have managed to control my gameplay and get back into my rhythm.  This seems to happen once every know and then and it's all about me realising what is going on.

The killcam can tell you when lag/lag compensation is killing you.  But only an experienced mind can tell you when it is you killing you.

ghamorra

Interesting that you bring this thread back to life. At first I read my reply up top and thought why the Hell am I talking about Black Ops II maps. Then I realized this thread is old.

I still agree with most of what we said. Thinking is OP anymore and that's a damn shame. We push so hard for fast paced games without realizing we're incapable of handling the speed. AW is getting demands to be faster, have we forgotten all the hate for Black Ops II? I too was very successful with that game having a 2.6 K/D for most of it's life and yet I don't ever remember me saying "this is favorite".

biron_w

I literally have no idea what this thread is about