I'm sure similar threads like this have been started before, so I'll apologize for that straight away, but I am hoping to accomplish here is simple ...if you have a theory (an actual action to do in the game) about how to further advance the story after completing the ToB achievement for Maxis, post it and we can, as a community, start either disproving or proving the outcome of particular attempts. If people want to start a Richtofen side, that may be a good idea too, but since I completed the Maxis side, I'll stick with that for now. What I hope this thread DOES NOT turn into is one about "theories" about why certain things in Tranzit MAY be possible in general terms - (ie, the alternative route theory, nav cards, changing the time on clocks, orbs and beams, etc. are all interesting to discuss for sure and what they may mean in terms of storyline, but lets just discuss hard and fast attempts to prove or disprove those theories so we are not duplicating efforts), or pages of requests to add someone as an ally to attempt a theory with (its clogs the thread, dude).
I'll kick it off - so, one of the last things Maxis says immediately after completing the ToB achievement is that we have activated the obtuse vertices of the scalene (sp?), "quickly, complete the tertiary node." Geometery aside (we've all heard that discussion), I have tried to investigate what the "tertiary node" may be. At present, I am investigating the church, and attempting to lure the electrical zombie (HIM) to the church, place down a turbine and emp him and see if that activates the church in some way like it did the tower/pylon. Unfortunately I keep getting overwhelmed and have not yet accomplished this (although I have lured him there). I have some other which I am also going to be attempting and others I have disproved as of now (some of which I'll list below):
So, here are my current theories to disprove or prove:
(1) Luring HIM (who oddly comes back every game even though we killed him under the tower/pylon, right?) to the church and placing down a turbine or electrical trap and then EMP'ing HIM - does it do anything?
(2) Jumping off the top of the bus after leaving the tunnel near the sandbags where people think an alternative route may be - can it be done? Does it lead to anything? Surely I'm not the first to think of that, but I haven't found anyone say it has been disproved - should be easy to prove or disprove in any event.
(3) Luring HIM to various lamps and EMP'ing HIM - does it do anything?
Again, my apologies for being a lame a** if these have already been disproved, but you get the idea.
(1) Using Jet Gun on the various clocks - does not appear to do anything, although you can acheive some electricity looking stuff by using it on the clock in the diner once the power is turned on. Other than that, it does not do anything. It does not change the hands on the clock.
(2) Using Jet Gun on nav card reader to "heat it up" - nothing
(3) Getting under bus at the bus depot (falling into the lava pit just as bus is pulling in) - there is no "second" nav card or nav card reader.
(4) Throwing semtex, emps, and grenades at the church - nothing
(5) Placing a turbine at the front of the church - nothing
(6) Operating the Farm TV / Radio and then turning power off again after Maxis says something about "power must be shut..."
Obviously I have tried other theories as well, but did not have the time to write each one out - sorry
Think of others, let's prove or disprove them.
I know you may not believe it, but I have tried EVERYTHING you suggested, and none of it amounted to anything.
There is also a lot of other dedicated groups or users on here who have tried this and more, to no avail.
This may be a stupid question, but who figures out the Easter Egg steps to begin with? Is it just trial and error by dedicated players, or does Treyarch leak the steps? If players just figure it out, I'm impressed!
It's honestly not that hard. We get in-game quotes that hints to the next step, and with more than 10,000 people looking, at least 1 person at a time figures out the steps. Its like a giant scavenger hunt. Not very impressive, it's actually very easy. Treyarch does not leak the quotes.
Right?! Some of the ToB steps make sense, but putting lights under the lamps at the same time once HIM is destroyed is a little more out there in terms of deciphering that step from the quotes Maxis gives.
But let's not get off topic. I understand that there are many in the community that believe Tranzit is done after TOB, but there are also those that don't. I appreciate the comments about the fact the Tranzit or Green Run is done, but that isn't what the discussion is about. If you think it's done, please don't clog the thread with non-discussion posts.
Well, sh!t... ha, ha, ha. So much for my awesome theories! Good to know, though. Saves us all some time. Sorry, one more question - did HIM ever appear on top of the church? That was sort of my hope to get HIM up there. Obviously, you've done some egg hunting - any actions / theories you are currently working on?