1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Previous Next 68 Replies Latest reply: Apr 7, 2013 4:51 PM by guncamp Go to original post RSS
      • 30. Re: What is your overall opinion of Snipers in Black Ops 2?

I just got done playing around with some of the other snipers. I honestly love the ballista and dsr but the other especially the svu are comeplete garbage.

• 31. Re: What is your overall opinion of Snipers in Black Ops 2?
          r8edtripx

HaitianCreation wrote:

Yeah, if I snipe I mean I run and gun a little bit, not QS, I'll actually take the time to set up my shots, but I think it's less accurate than QS, the DSR is really fun to use.

Are you saying that hardscoping is less accurate than quickscoping? If you are, then that's crazy talk.

I'd much rather come up against a quickscoper, because at least with him I have a good chance of killing him. There's no real confrontation with a hardscoper, he just ADS, chills and waits for his shot. Not something to admire in a video game.

Good quickscopers are few and far between. I can hardscope, but I've put in work in custom games to try to get the hang of quickscoping, and it's a b!tch.

This next comment is just addressing what I've heard some people say, which is that quickscoping isn't realistic. My answer is... So what!? Not having to worry about wind speed or bullet drop off isn't realistic either, but I, personally, don't want it in COD. I love running-and-gunning, but that isn't realistic in a real war either. Who the hell would run-n-gun and not camp if your one and only life was at stake? Not me.

• 32. Re: What is your overall opinion of Snipers in Black Ops 2?

You'd rather come up against a QS? Lol, if I hear a sniper go off I run the opposite direction, too many bad memories. The QS deaths I take I'll look at the person who killed me and see that they went negative and I wonder why QS and not use a gun?I played iEXTERMINATED yesterday in a QS 1 v 1 battle and I've never actually QS'ed in my life, but I got multiple no scopes on him and it's hard? You want QS to be part of the game, you really think that sniper rifles should be CQC weapons? Rofl. Because that's what they turn into when no scoping happens, you can use them as a shotgun and also get kills across the map. My argument against it isn't so much that it's unrealistic (which it is) it's that a sniper that can QS makes any sniper rifle the most unbalanced gun in the game. And my ADS vs QS comment was based on teh fact that multiple times I'll see somebody not moving, I'll stop moving, ADS and snipe then and not kill them, wtf? THen they'll turn aroun and kill me when if I had just not ADS I probably would have gotten the kill.

• 33. Re: What is your overall opinion of Snipers in Black Ops 2?

I've tried to lean QS but it seems in black ops 2 its insanely harder to master it. I just kinda gave up and drag scoped. thats where I found the most success for myself anyway. plus i just dont think the ADS is quick enough of snipers to QS effectively and consistantly.

• 34. Re: What is your overall opinion of Snipers in Black Ops 2?
                r8edtripx

HaitianCreation wrote:

The QS deaths I take I'll look at the person who killed me and see that they went negative and I wonder why QS and not use a gun?

Exactly. That's why I'd rather go up against a quickscoper...because they usually do go negative. I have a chance at killing those guys. You don't get that chance against the hardscoper who was targeting you from afar in his sights.

• 35. Re: What is your overall opinion of Snipers in Black Ops 2?

Although they go negative they still get BS kills on you and stop streaks

• 36. Re: What is your overall opinion of Snipers in Black Ops 2?

What Snipers? There are Sniper's and then there is QuickScoping. There is no reason for anyone wielding a Sniper rifle properly when then can run around a map and quick scope with an extremely large sniper rifle. Setting up prone with a rifle and hunting down your next kill died long ago. When a rifle has the effectiveness of a shotgun honestly why would you bother woth other guns?

• 37. Re: What is your overall opinion of Snipers in Black Ops 2?

You mention how often you get no scope kills several times in this thread, but you also continue to say snipers are unbalanced.

One thing I've learned through years of playing is that people only complain about weapons being op if they get killed by them and are unable to get kills with them.

The hipfire accuracy of the snipers is random. No two shots go to the same place, which makes the shots pure luck. Throw in some lag and the shots are even more random.

If half of your opinions were accurate about the snipers, you would'nt be bashing them, you'd be running around no scoping everyone.

• 38. Re: What is your overall opinion of Snipers in Black Ops 2?
                        SandSeven

I learned to snipe in BO2. MW3 was my first Cod and I was too busy trying to stop 10 year olds from MOABing on me to even think about sniping.

I've found a use for all the snipers except the XPR. That gun just doesn't work for me. The DSR is my choice in Core with the Ballista not too far behind. The SVU is tailor made for HC.

What's worse than a sniper rifle that can quickscope you? How about one that can QS and when you put a laser sight on, it can be spammed and used like a shotgun. Oh and don't forget that there's no penalty for using a suppresser. That's the SVU in HC.

I've had a lot of fun learning to hardscope properly and learning to die a lot for those few cool looking quickscopes. I love the way the snipers can and are used in this game. I'm not very good with any of them (k/d under 1 for all of them) but it's pretty amazing to see those that can beast with a sniper.

• 39. Re: What is your overall opinion of Snipers in Black Ops 2?
                          hyper72

There should be sniper free lobbies they are a pain in the arse your getting a nice kill streak going and retarded no skill hard scoping muppet sat in a window or behind a barrel drops you or even worse you empty about 4 or 5 bullets into a sniper and he flukey panic shoots back and kills your ffs.... Even worse because the game runs like a bag of wank everyone is using them... I rage quit a game of ground war before was killed 4 times in a row by ****** camping snipers...... Treyach my as well remove all the assuallt rifle for what use they are.... How can 5 shots not kill and then i get shot in the elbow and insta one shot kill bollocks.