29 Replies Latest reply on Mar 27, 2013 3:08 PM by xtraflossy RSS

    BANG!

      What is it about parked vehicles in this game?

       

      Do they magically know I am on a scorestreak, and BANG its done?

       

      Do they interact with us and balance the game, with a BANG?

       

      Do they prefer certain players, just say BANG!

       

      Why is it, that when I have killed two or three players and walk by, shot near, look over or run by they explode? I never realized I had a magnet attached to my player that detonates parked cars, who are not smoking, or the ones that appear destroyed!

       

      MW3 had barrels, BO2 has cars! BANG!

      Member
      Izjar11
        • Test #1
          Re: BANG!

          i feel your pain

          i feel your rage

          i feel the same

          Last Edited: Mar 24, 2013 1:21 PM
          • Test #1
            Re: BANG!

            I rarely get killed by blown up cars. It's probably happened about 5 times in this game.

            Last Edited: Mar 24, 2013 1:36 PM
              • Test #1
                Re: BANG!

                illstplaya2live wrote:

                 

                I rarely get killed by blown up cars. It's probably happened about 5 times in this game.

                Seems to happen to me, on the wrong occasion! Very frustrating to die by a vehicle after surviving multiple gunfights.

                Last Edited: Mar 24, 2013 1:38 PM
              • Test #1
                Re: BANG!

                You're forgetting the cars that aren't on fire, and suddenly explode when you're the only one on that side of the map. Or when a car is on fire, and you're whole team walks by it, but as soon as you do it decides to explode.

                Last Edited: Mar 24, 2013 2:12 PM
                  • Test #1
                    Re: BANG!

                    Blee103093 wrote:

                     

                    You're forgetting the cars that aren't on fire, and suddenly explode when you're the only one on that side of the map. Or when a car is on fire, and you're whole team walks by it, but as soon as you do it decides to explode.

                    Yes, im telling you they know I am walking by with my nice little earned scorestreak and B+ANG I go flying half across the map with my scorestreaks and pride disappearing.

                    Last Edited: Mar 24, 2013 2:15 PM
                    • Test #1
                      Re: BANG!

                      with you there on that one a right bummer !

                      Last Edited: Mar 27, 2013 6:35 AM
                    • Test #1
                      Re: BANG!

                      I know what you mean...owned tonight by a car when i was almost near a lodestar -.- "mistakes where made"

                       

                      This sucks...

                      Last Edited: Mar 24, 2013 2:45 PM
                        • Test #1
                          Re: BANG!

                          RichterRavage wrote:

                           

                          I know what you mean...owned tonight by a car when i was almost near a lodestar -.- "mistakes where made"

                           

                          This sucks...

                          pffffffffffffffffff I still think these exploding vehicles come alive and cause mayhem on purpose! <Raises Fist>

                          Last Edited: Mar 27, 2013 5:58 AM
                        • Test #1
                          Re: BANG!

                          Izjar11 wrote:

                           

                           

                          Why is it, that when I have killed two or three players and walk by, shot near, look over or run by they explode? I never realized I had a magnet attached to my player that detonates parked cars, who are not smoking, or the ones that appear destroyed!

                           

                          You can thank sniperfrog for that

                          Last Edited: Mar 27, 2013 6:01 AM
                            • Test #1
                              Re: BANG!

                              thank you sniperfrog (whom ever that is)

                               

                              I'll say it!

                               

                              Nerf Parked Cars~ or give them alarms that will sound before they go Boom!

                              http://www.telusplanet.net/public/d_t/photos/2StingraySet.jpg

                              Last Edited: Mar 27, 2013 6:09 AM
                                • Test #1
                                  Re: BANG!

                                  Sniperfrog was a conspiracy back in MW2 (rarely hear about it anymore now that everyone is obsessed with lag comp). Some guy made a post on a forum (can't remember which) saying he found an 'equalizer' in the game's code called snfg.exe (which he dubbed 'sniper frog') and what it supposedly did was give 'additional ai resources' to bad players to help them and it would hamper good players by causing them lag, hit detection issues, random deaths etc.

                                  Last Edited: Mar 27, 2013 6:14 AM
                                    • Test #1
                                      Re: BANG!

                                      BukLau101 wrote:

                                       

                                      Sniperfrog was a conspiracy back in MW2 (rarely hear about it anymore now that everyone is obsessed with lag comp). Some guy made a post on a forum (can't remember which) saying he found an 'equalizer' in the game's code called snfg.exe (which he dubbed 'sniper frog') and what it supposedly did was give 'additional ai resources' to bad players to help them and it would hamper good players by causing them lag, hit detection issues, random deaths etc.

                                      Then its very much present here on this game, if it hasn't happened to you you'll know its true when your doing well, and a car explodes without warning! <Smashes Car window with Fist> Arggghh..

                                      Last Edited: Mar 27, 2013 6:19 AM
                                      • Test #1
                                        Re: BANG!

                                        I do belive it ! and its on BLOPS2, I'm not a great player however I can usually string 5 kills together, sometimes 10 but when at 11,12, or 13 BOOM it all ends in a WTF moment including those pesky exploding cars !!!!!!!!!

                                        Last Edited: Mar 27, 2013 6:39 AM
                                      • Test #1
                                        Re: BANG!

                                        Gotta love it when your scorestreak gets ended by an exploding car lol

                                        Last Edited: Mar 27, 2013 6:13 AM
                                    • Test #1
                                      Re: BANG!

                                      My theory is that the cars are working with the HK Drones on this one.  Just be thankful that CoD doesn't have destructible environments, otherwise we'd have to deal with roofs collapsing on us every time we're one off a VSAT, or trees falling on our heads when we're 25 points away from a Swarm.

                                      Last Edited: Mar 27, 2013 6:29 AM
                                        • Test #1
                                          Re: BANG!

                                          Harv72 wrote:

                                           

                                          My theory is that the cars are working with the HK Drones on this one.  Just be thankful that CoD doesn't have destructible environments, otherwise we'd have to deal with roofs collapsing on us every time we're one off a VSAT, or trees falling on our heads when we're 25 points away from a Swarm.

                                          Hold your praise, this is coming to a COD soon. Will make for more angry <fist waving> threads.

                                          Last Edited: Mar 27, 2013 6:31 AM
                                        • Test #1
                                          Re: BANG!

                                          Izjar11 wrote:

                                           

                                          What is it about parked vehicles in this game?

                                           

                                          Do they magically know I am on a scorestreak, and BANG its done?

                                           

                                          It's not just parked cars that are a nuisance. Alot of the children who inhabit this game like to bring their toys cars and paper aeroplaes with them, which for some reason have fire crackers strapped to them. Unfortunately these fire crackers have the explosive power of MW2 tubes + danger close resulting in scorestreaks which are essentially a player controlled danger close MW2 tube on wheels or an airborne, heatseeking MW2 danger close tube.

                                          Last Edited: Mar 27, 2013 6:42 AM
                                          • Test #1
                                            Re: BANG!

                                            Oh how I feel your pain, lol.

                                            If you watch a few seconds of this clip from around 22 seconds in the van looks as if it is already wrecked but as you can see when I hit it with a smaw thing it blew the enemy clean through the wall or into the ether, he just disappears!!!!!!!

                                             

                                            Cheers

                                            Last Edited: Mar 27, 2013 6:47 AM
                                            • Test #1
                                              Re: BANG!

                                              i destroy any car before i get near them lol.

                                               

                                              died way to many times because of them.

                                              Last Edited: Mar 27, 2013 6:58 AM
                                                • Test #1
                                                  Re: BANG!

                                                  TRU11 wrote:

                                                   

                                                  i destroy any car before i get near them lol.

                                                   

                                                  died way to many times because of them.

                                                  I've seen people do this, but someone posted a video of a vehicle (carbon color) and it exploded after he hit it with a SMAW rocket.

                                                   

                                                  Its weird....then again what is it in this game.

                                                  Last Edited: Mar 27, 2013 7:44 AM
                                                • Test #1
                                                  Re: BANG!

                                                  My favorite is when you've just died uncerimoniously and ran all the way back across the map to the action.  See an enemy running away and think to yourself "Yes now here's my chance at redemption!" only to have the non-smoking van between you and him take you out.  Its hard not to pop a blood vessel at that point.

                                                  Last Edited: Mar 27, 2013 7:08 AM
                                                  • Test #1
                                                    Re: BANG!

                                                    "You were killed by an exploding vehicle. Vehicles on fire are likely to explode."

                                                     


                                                    Last Edited: Mar 27, 2013 7:48 AM
                                                      • Test #1
                                                        Re: BANG!

                                                        llewellyn237v2 wrote:

                                                         

                                                        "You were killed by an exploding vehicle. Vehicles on fire are likely to explode."

                                                         


                                                        I've been killed by vehicles that were not smoking, I just shot a few rounds above their hood! Bang! im dead.

                                                        Last Edited: Mar 27, 2013 7:50 AM
                                                      • Test #1
                                                        Re: BANG!

                                                        I always inspect a car before I pass. I'll just go ahead an say it: I've passed cars that haven't even been touched and died from spontaneous combustion when I've been on huge Streaks and was about to touch my Dogs or Swarm, particularly the truck on Meltdown by the beach. The vehicle will have no damage to it at all, no flames or smoke coming out of it, and BANG! I die

                                                        Last Edited: Mar 27, 2013 7:50 AM
                                                        • Test #1
                                                          Re: BANG!

                                                          Cool.

                                                          Last Edited: Mar 27, 2013 1:21 PM
                                                          • Test #1
                                                            Re: BANG!

                                                            It's the Final Destination Effect.

                                                             

                                                            It knows..... your number is up. 

                                                            Last Edited: Mar 27, 2013 3:08 PM