44 Replies Latest reply: Jul 30, 2013 12:55 PM by starbuckfrack RSS

Season Pass - DLC Rip Off

Whats going on i pay £40 ($50) for all up and coming DLC and now about 10 DLC packs have come out and i can't Dowload a single one unless i pay more money! anyone else think Season pass holders should get a Create a Class set, Emblem Set and camo pack free as we pay up front and get nothing extra but a single title ?

This is ****** up Treyarch/Activison you should try and please the supportive players for paying up front not just take the money and forget about them i know i'm not going to buy another season pass how about everyone else do you agree ?

• Re: Season Pass - DLC Rip Off
          maccabi

H2DKILLER wrote:

Whats going on i pay £40 ($50) for all up and coming DLC

No you didn't really wish people would READ before purchasing stuff

SEASON PASS

Buy the Call of Duty®: Black Ops 2 DLC Season Pass and get all four epic DLC Map Packs**, including the Revolution DLC Map Pack, for the discounted price of $49.99*, plus an exclusive in-game calling card and access to the Nuketown Zombies bonus map.

Sorry, this really has been beaten to death. They did state exactly what you got with the purchase of season pass. Unfortunately you read more into what you get than is actually the case.

Learn to read. It is not a rip off. Puirchase all the DLC seperate and it is $70. Buy the season pass then the extra DLC and it's $60

iivrruummii

Your opinion is FALSE.

Nope dont agree. So far the Season Pass has been a great deal, the 4 maps are better than all of the launch map, and the Peacekeeper is a solid HC weapon. Look forward to the next map pack.

The only dlc that is worth anything is the map packs. The microtransactions add nothing to the game, they don't even sell unlock tokens or prestige tokens. All of the gun camos in the game are ugly except for gold, diamond, and chrome anyway. Use the pay titles and camos to identify cows who got milked. Anyone on my friends list who is stupid enough to support microtransactions will be removed.

You people really need to learn how to read. The season pass is for MAP PACKS ONLY. NOT ALL DLC. If you don't want to pay for it then don't, but if you want it then you will have to pay...Just like the rest of us. Even though Treyarch probably had all of this stuff planned from the get go, it is on the buyer to make sure it is what he wants. Not the sellers. You bought and payed for the MAP PACKS in advance at a savings of $10. This in no way qualified you to get all DLC they had to offer.

So with all that said...tough tooties!!

I think its bullshit that you started another one of these threads when i've seen 100's already this weekend.

we got ripped off because we should have got more maps already. blackops 2 plays like the worst of all cods. someone at treyarch should resign

starbuckfrack

H2DKILLER wrote:

Whats going on i pay £40 ($50) for all up and coming DLC and now about 10 DLC packs have come out and i can't Dowload a single one unless i pay more money! anyone else think Season pass holders should get a Create a Class set, Emblem Set and camo pack free as we pay up front and get nothing extra but a single title ?

This is ****** up Treyarch/Activison you should try and please the supportive players for paying up front not just take the money and forget about them i know i'm not going to buy another season pass how about everyone else do you agree ?

You paid for the season pass and are going to get what you paid for. Not that difficult to figure out.

You want something for free well you arent going to get it.

SitRepPro

What about the avatars then?  Why is it that season pass holders don't want them as well the CaC and camo sets?

After being gimped by IW with Elite I never bothered with the season pass.  Plus, in other games I've seen season pass prices can get heavily discounted if you're lucky and spot them and you're willing to wait.

SitRepPro, you're right, I do the same thing, but it seems to me that the few sales that have been had have taken my speculative formula into consideration (60 + 50 + 10 /12). If they put anything on sale we can expect the price to reflect the time it's been out and how long before the next 'season' will begin. If you get the game for 39.99 it's because we're nearing 5 months into this titles life cycle. I'm just wildly speculating, but I think things will get like the EA guy said, "When you are six hours into playing ... and you run out of ammo in your clip, and we ask you for a dollar to reload....You’re really not very price sensitive at that point in time...". We can only hope that someone will realize that some of us play games because they are a very cheap form of entertainment and they allow us become distracted from fat greedy bastards that don't work as hard as the rest of us.

THERE ARE AVATARS??!?!

Activision at one time, or a representative in their industry, said that a 9.99 monthly subscription was something that they'd like to do, he later retracted it, but now here we are a few years later and that's exactly what some of you people are paying. Some more, some less. I for one pay less. 60 dollars is a good deal for the entertainment that this series has given me. 60 dollars is too much for the new spawn system, the well hidden lag,  and the advertising of DLC that I get in Black Ops 2. As far as the original poster is concerned, I'm not being a troll, I'm just stating an observation, you're a part of why Black Ops 2 and the franchise is in the shape that it is.

For anyone that doesn't understand what I mean by 'that's exactly what some of you are paying'. I mean in November you will buy the next COD with it's pass; Game $60 + Pass $50 = $110. $110 + misc. skins and slots $10 (possibly more) = $ 120.00. $120.00 / 12 months (the time between games) = $10.00 a month.

Also, thanks for the satisfaction original poster. I'm glad to see you're aware that you're not getting your money's worth.

Hmm.. in interesting view point and break down of the cost related to game in relations that one time mentioning of a pay to play system a while back. Your view has merit and credibility to it and makes a person pause and wonder at things just a little bit more about the direction this company is trying to move. One that I will not be part of and if it does go this route, will no longer be a player of this franchise and will simply trade off all current owned games of this franchise in toward something better.

Season pass was only for Map DLC and nothing more it was not meant for all DLC. So no you do not deserve a cammo or the cac or anythine else for free.

Now maybe you will be smart enough next time to read and understand more before buying it again for the next game. Season pass does not always mean everything released. It may only pertain to the maps themselves.

your an idiot the season pass is for the 4 DLC MAPS

I do not normally go on the forums, but was looking to see when the 4th dlc was coming out, and saw this and had to comment. So, Please dont be hating if I state something that has been talked about before. I would like to say that I will never again buy a Season Pass, or, Pre Order simply for the fact, they made Nuketown 2025 free for everyone after Gamestop hyped that if we pre order the game we would recieve nuketown zombies, some stupid music $h1t, nuketown 2025, and some other bs. Then went ahead and put a 400msp price on Nuketown zombies and made Nuketown 2025 for free. Okay as far as the Season pass I understand that they stated we would recieve only the 4 dlc packs. But, they never said anything about the Micro Trans. at all. I am not mad about this for the fact all of those so far are just a waste of money. Had I known this though I might not have fallen for the stupid season pass which saves a whole $10.Ooo ahhh.   jk.  The main thing that is going to piss me off is this possible 5th dlc, in which is supposedly going to be all zombies. I will protest the crap out of paying for a fifth dlc, when they only put a Season Pass out for 4 of them. This would be milking the cow dry when most likely the maps will be something I already paid for in a previous game.Even if this was th 4th dlc, I feel this would still have been a waste of money. Okay rant over, please be gentle with your comments.

5th DLC will likely not happen.

starbuckfrack

So a lot of people got Nuketown 2025 for free when pre-ordering the game. Other people got it for free later but at least the preorder customers didnt have to wait.

so what if they sold us Microtransactions. They said we would recieve 4 DLC with the season pass content and we did. We got what we paid for. When we bought the season pass they never mentioned anything about micro DLC. Micro DLC is a seperate item than the season pass. they can do whatever they want. Its not like the micro DLC is a new thing. They have been adding more things after the sale of season passes for years with Forza games.

And why even listen to rumors about a fifth DLC ?

phxs72

I doubt that the 5th DLC will happen but as I recall when they launched the final DLC in BO1 that was all Zombies (one new map and the rest were the WAW maps) they actually gave away the new map to those that had purchased the WAW maps back in WAW.  So those loyal customers got a treat and those of us that didn't already have the WAW maps were pretty pleased to be getting them along with a new map for $15.  Granted if you don't like Zombies then you would have passed on it but for those that do like Zombies it was very exciting.

SeraphOne

Sorry to read about your misfortune, maybe you'll think more carefully about parting with your hard earned cash next time round.

I didn't spend anything over the original cost of the game and am pleased I didn't, because BO2 is the most frustrating cod to date

nicedrewishfela

You got what you paid for. You got all the DLC MAP PACKS, which is what you PAID for, for $10-15 less than buying them seperately. So you got all of the Game-impacting DLC, which is what they promised us in the Season Pass.

The rest is cosmetic, optional add ons. Get em, or don't get em... that is your choice.

Lots of victims in this thread. How dare Activision enter your (parent's) credit card information and press that 'Confirm' button and force you into spending $50 on DLC you didn't even want. Shame on them.