5 Replies Latest reply on Mar 13, 2013 3:37 PM by slap1i RSS

frustrating shotgun

I've been trying to get the primary weapon master calling card. I'm currently using the KSG shotgun with long barrel & laser sight., I almost always hip fire shotguns & SMGs. The KSG is without a doubt ( in my mind) the MOST inaccurate gun period, wether you're hip firing or ADS. Chasing someone with the tip of the gun literally on their back, I'll miss 4 shots before I have to ADS or they turn and shoot me. Garbage gun.

hebegiant
        • Test #1
          Re: frustrating shotgun

It's not a buckshot.

It's a slug. You are better of using a sight or the stock and keep aiming down sight as you go around corners.

Last Edited: Mar 13, 2013 9:00 AM
          • Test #1

My understanding is that on top of its single slug, somewhat awkward iron sights and pump action, it has a short shot delay that makes accurate mid-long ranged shooting very difficult

When it works though, Oh my.

Last Edited: Mar 13, 2013 9:29 AM
            • Test #1

Just learn to quickscope with the KSG.  It was the easiest weapon for me to max out, with under 500 kills.  Almost every kill is a one-shot-kill, so you'll burn through those challenges in no time.  By the time you unlock gold, you should be used to it, and should be earning bloodthirsty medals every game you use it.

Last Edited: Mar 13, 2013 9:35 AM
              • Test #1

I normally don't use shotguns unless I'm messing around. After reading the comments, I guess I should have read the weapon description, I didn't realize it was a slug gun, just assumed a shotgun is a shotgun. Now knowing it's a slug gun, I changed the way I use it, 2 blood thirstys in the first match. Thanks.

Last Edited: Mar 13, 2013 3:28 PM
                  • Test #1

You'll find that the quickscoping technique translates to the other shotty's as well.  I too was a hip-firing scatter-gunner, but the KSG taught me to be a little more precise.  All the shotguns perform better with a brief ADS.

Last Edited: Mar 13, 2013 3:37 PM