27 Replies Latest reply on Feb 21, 2013 3:23 PM by hyper72 RSS

Is this the most cheated in version of COD ever.

I know over the course of its lifecycle each Call Of Duty game has had cheaters/glitchers/hackers call them what you like, but i can't recall any version being so over run with cheats so early in its life.

It looks like almost every few game lobbies i am in has some form of cheater in it, so here is a question, are the cheaters getting smarter or are the developers just getting lazy.??

gambit1969
        • Test #1
          Re: Is this the most cheated in version of COD ever.

I'd have to say a mix of both, the developers don't seem to care nor be doing anything about it. I'd personally ban them all, even the prestige glitchers... Yeah it doesn't effect your game but cheating is cheating, ban hammer should come down on all of them no matter the form of the cheat.

Last Edited: Feb 21, 2013 8:06 AM
          • Test #1

Can't state true statistics but from what I've read MW2 was very much hacked. Perhaps worse than this one,

Last Edited: Feb 21, 2013 8:09 AM
            • Test #1

gambit1969 wrote:

but i can't recall any version being so over run with cheats so early in its life.

^ This. I can't remember so much cheating this early in a game's life. There's the PM glitch, 12th prestige hack, the insane amount of boosting (although Treyarch did patch the private match exploit),  the wildcard exploit, I saw a video (which I posted and got deleted) in which this guy had a hack which made everyone spawn on him and stick to him and the lagswitching. Personally I think the devs are getting lazy, they obvioulsy didn't take the time to test things out because most of these cheats could have been adressed pre-launch.

Last Edited: Feb 21, 2013 8:11 AM
              • Test #1

I was in a game yesterday where the final kill cam was on two guys Boosting! Should have known since they were in the same clan but on different teams.

I have not personally seen any results from people being reported for Boosting or Cheating and I'm sure the Boosters/Cheaters haven't either. They will continue to exploit whatever they can for as long as they can.

I personally am blown away at how little has been done to prevent any of these things from happening since previous games were so riddled with the SAME problems. 

Last Edited: Feb 21, 2013 8:38 AM
                • Test #1

they hacked the game on xbox 360 a week before it came out. this is what happens when u use the same broken engine that has been hacked to sh1t every year, and the netcode. u would think by now all the money treyarch and iw make they would take their time and release a quality game by now instead of rushing a halfass game out. well the future is looking bright as of last night with the ps4 and the new games that will be on it. i seriously doubt alot of people are going to be playing cod next year if the devs dont do something groundbreaking and not just copy and paste with 1 or 2 new things.

nextgen ps4 killzone

Last Edited: Feb 21, 2013 8:55 AM
                  • Test #1

People can't just play a game and take it for what it is.  They can't accept they're not very good and have to boost, glitch, hack, cheat in any way they can to feel good about themselves.  Says a lot about society and where it is heading.  It's a game and meant to be light entertainment and fun, but for some it takes on a whole different meaning and if they dont have good stats then their friends will mock them.  What is even sadder is their friends are so sad they probably will.

Last Edited: Feb 21, 2013 9:57 AM
                    • Test #1

Easily the most hacked/cheated version this early on.  I play a few nights a week and I see a "master prestige" in practically every lobby now.  And before you guys say "It doesn't effect the game play", I would respectfully disagree.  Someone with inflated K/D and SPM numbers will get balanced onto weaker teams thus ensuring their loss.  When I'm on the other team I don't take any pleasure in winning those matches.  Only recently I've started reporting the hacked master prestigers.

Last Edited: Feb 21, 2013 10:00 AM
                      • Test #1

MW2 had the most by far... how quickly we forget the:

Get out of map glitches

Elevator glitches on every map

Endless Sentry Gun gun glitch

Endless Care package/Air Drop glitch

Fast Running with Care Package in hand glitch

Lag Switching was just as prevalent in MW2 as it is now (people just did not know what it was)*

I am sure I am forgetting some, but all the above were day 1 issues

and stupid perk setups (MLC, Danger Close OMA)

Then after all that.. the endless hacking :

Challenge lobbies (which were totally there before the year was up)

Deranking hacks

etc.. etc..

The PM glitch is something... but remember that not all PMs that have questionable stats glitched. They could have simply boosted (and if anyone thinks boosting is more of an issue now, MW2 was the worst game for boosting... remember 3rd party cage matches!? They removed the game mode at some point). Yes there is a glitch that you can copy an account... but the PM account had to exist somehow... sometimes people do not understand this...

Not saying that we tend to remember things with rose colored glasses... but it is very easy to forget.

* If you do not believe me about the lag switching, go look it up.  Just because you do not see a "connection interrupted - a 3ARC in game status notification" does not mean it wasn't happening.  I remember this because I was so frustrated why sometimes people were vanishing and appearing somewhere else, or why I could not move sometimes and would just die.

Side Bar: Lag was also there in MW2 (obviously)... although matchmaking was much better. Don't believe me?? Look up - MW2 Magic Bullets.

Last Edited: Feb 21, 2013 10:03 AM
                        • Test #1

What rlbl said... I hate the word "hack" when it's directed at a bug/glitch and that is one of the main problems...

Believe it or not but some people will yearn to be called a hacker, especially children. They thrive of it. Don't forget, these people admire the likes of Anonymous and wish to be like them, exploiting big companies.

This isn't the most cheated on CoD by a long way. Just be thankful we haven't yet seen the UFO hack from CoD4 and WaW. People could fly high above the map and move at insane speeds while being in "god mode."

Look at the state MW2 ended up in... everyone had that spinning gold skull emblem after getting into a modded lobby, I myself had this "infection" after mistakenly joining one.

Yes, as far as time is concerned, this game has been exploited pretty early, but the glitch is tame in comparison to earlier CoD's.

Last Edited: Feb 21, 2013 11:25 AM
                          • Test #1

I do remember reading about lots of people being perma banned in BO1, but I don't recall hearing anybody being perma banned in BO2. What has changed? Are perma bans not happening, or are we just not hearing about them?

Last Edited: Feb 21, 2013 12:54 PM
                            • Test #1

Just lmao at this thinking back over all the cod games and remember the amount of times players in waw that most of the games ended up being played out of the maps.

Last Edited: Feb 21, 2013 12:56 PM
                              • Test #1

Treyarch cheated me out of £35 buying this shyt.

Last Edited: Feb 21, 2013 3:23 PM