1 2 3 Previous Next 76 Replies Latest reply: Feb 22, 2013 6:06 AM by snorubit RSS

RE: update has made game unplayable

keano138

since yesterdays update games keep losing connection and freezing while trying to start a game and all round bad connection. I know it's not my Internet because nothing has changed on that since yesterday's update. Any one else experiencing these problems????

• 1. Re: RE: update has made game unplayable

Played last night. Many more "stuttery" lobbies, a lot more 2 and 3 yellow bar players in my boards which always spells disaster for me despite my having a full 4 bar, spotty hit detection and general frustration.

Could just be a coincidence or placebo according to many of the forum experts and perhaps today or tonight will be better.

I am sure that if they made any adjustments to matchmaking or netcode that it would have been included in the TU desciption as the full disclosure clause would kick in per the tacit license agreement terms activated upon purchase. /sarcasm

To check my sanity, last five rounds pre patch K/D 2/18; not WOW but basically what I would expect and generally inline with my K/D:

Post TU, 2/19:

After the update, across multiple lobbies not once did I meet or exceed my K/D. I am sure that it was just me... or that all the really good players were online. Or that my internet connection was suspect. Or that I was tired and it was throwing my aim off. Or that I am crying and making excuses. Statistically I am sure that these numbers mean nothing (I only included the last five; I played 8 total matches before I got irritated and they were all in the same vein) much less my anecdotal interpretation and suggestion that something was off.

• 2. Re: RE: update has made game unplayable
            rankismet

keano138 wrote:

since yesterdays update games keep losing connection and freezing while trying to start a game and all round bad connection. I know it's not my Internet because nothing has changed on that since yesterday's update. Any one else experiencing these problems????

My normal response is some kind of snarky remark...

... but...

... damn.

Whatever they did was 5 steps backwards.

I was getting hit markers, with sound, using an LMG in HC... and forget getting a kill... I wasn't getting assists. People were moving around the map like Speedy Gonzalez and I was stuck in full turtle mode no matter what kit I ran.

And the one time it made me host?

Holy, Satan, Batman... the single worst 5 minutes of my life that didn't involve my wife complaining about me.

• 3. Re: RE: update has made game unplayable

rankismet wrote:

the single worst 5 minutes of my life that didn't involve my wife complaining about me.

comedy gold right here... well crafted!

• 4. Re: RE: update has made game unplayable
                JBurn244

Patches take a little time to propagate...so the people who are online may not neccessarily be as near you as they usually are. But that's still just another indictment on Treyarch's terrible matchmaking/netcode. You shouldn't even notice a difference. <sigh>

• 5. Re: RE: update has made game unplayable
                  TacoFlavordKeesez

I had a rough night as well, playing Hardpoint from 10pm-12am EST.

Some things I noticed:

It took along time to go from game to game, a little frustrating. This cut down on my actual playing time. A few people (like 3-4 across 8 games) just disappeared, while I was shooting and hit marking them. Ok by me, they probably dashboarded or something. I had mostly laughably bad games where I died about twice as much as usual, I looked at my games stats and the other players' this morning. So maybe I just wasn't playing up to the level of my peers. Eventually, I realized I could just play the role of aircraft destroyer for awhile, and at least had some fun with that.

Whatevs, the thing the sucked the most was the feeling that whatever I did, i.e. change tactics, change lobbies, weapons, it wasn't going to get any better. Seven or less ADS steps from spwan and bang! Killcam.

• 6. Re: RE: update has made game unplayable

ok hows this..... post t/u yesterday i played maybe 10 games of hctdm straight after i got the update (about 11am uk time/gmt) and went VERY positive in half of them (2.0+ k/d) and the rest were an average of 1.2-5ish.

THEN i went back on at about 9pm and played another 8 games before i got frustrated...... only one positive game and nearly every death felt alot more like i was done by the lag comp rather than the other team!!!

i checked speedtest as i do every time i'm about to play online and nothing had changed between the 2 sessions..... 9mb down/.85mb up/50ms ping.

they're definitely doing something and havent disclosed it.

• 7. Re: RE: update has made game unplayable
                      phxs72

I had a great night after the patch but that's become the trend for me.  Since the patch goes around in stages, I tend to find that I'm playing mostly against players that are very near me shortly after a patch goes through and the connection is great.  In a day or so things get back to normal with a mix of good and bad connections.

• 8. Re: RE: update has made game unplayable

i'm not at home so I can't check my pre 2/19 games, but here is my games from last night:

51-17 - 3.0 KD

33-11 - 3.0 KD

44-17 - 2.59 KD

41-10 - 4.10 KD

39-18 - 2.17 KD

14-3 - 4.67 KD (joined late)

30-8 - 3.75 KD

12-8 - 1.5 KD (joined late)

21-10 - 2.10 KD

23-10 - 2.30 KD

47-18 - 2.61 KD

35-4 - 8.75 KD

12-2 - 6.0 KD

48-20 - 2.40 KD

46-7 - 6.57 KD

54-8 - 6.75 KD

• 9. Re: RE: update has made game unplayable

what game mode was it? and is that an improvement on your average k/d?

1 2 3 Previous Next