Here's how lag can be fixed. create a network of intertwining wires that physically connects each and every person's xbox to one another. then there will be no lag and it will be like one awesome worldwide lan party.
but seriously i don't understand everyone's lag complaints. the only time i have lag issues are when i'm NOT the host and there is a poor connection TO the host, then it's very jumpy and i die without ever seeing the other player etc. when I am host or i have good connection to the host, I have absolutely zero issues, and tend to have very fair games with a k/d ratio right in line with what my average has been for all cod games... everybody needs to quit complaining and just play the damn game and get better if you suck
Game Update Notes: Feb. 19, 2013
- Party Members now appear on the mini map as purple when colorblind assist is turned on.
- Added hint text tool tips for map voter buttons.
- Resolved a known issue with stats resets caused by a failed save process, indicated by receiving a “Persistent Rank Data has been corrupted” error message. Further information can be found here on the Customer Support site.
- Fixed an issue where players could lose functionality and have a blurry screen after viewing a Gamer Card during the round-ending killcam at the end of the first round of a round-based game.
- Addressed an exploit where players could gain XP privately without matchmaking.
- Addressed an issue where the player's EMP grenade blast would cancel out the effects of an enemy's EMP.
- Players will no longer fly into the air when knife lunging other players on certain types of inclines.
- Addressed multiple exploits where players could clip into and shoot from within certain areas on Downhill.
- Fixed an issue with the Skulls Camo Challenge for the RPG unlocking by using other weapons in conjunction with the RPG.
- Addressed an issue with taking control of an AGR while next to a friendly player causing loss of functionality for firing rockets.
- Resolved an issue where spectating would default to 3rd person even though it had been disabled if the player was previously spectating in 3rd person.
- Resolved an issue with dog spawns in Slums.
- Fixed an issue joining Split Screen bot games in-progress when the host had altered party privacy settings.
- Addressed an issue where players could not link their Twitch account in the Multiplayer Party Lobby Options menu.
- Fixed an issue where the player may not die by the train running over them in Express.
- Players in a Split Screen game can no longer access the MP Pause Menu during the round ending killcam, the final killcam, or after the game has ended.
- Addressed an issue in the Split Screen Pause Menu where the Game Mode below the map was being cut off.
- The System Link/LAN Party server list now sorts the available games by Host name.
- Players can no longer set their Clan Tag in non-Public Match lobbies if they haven't reached the unlock level for the Clan Tag feature.
- Addressed an issue where the Expert Challenge Calling Card was not appearing for the Peacekeeper in the Combat Record after completing all the Peacekeeper challenges.
- Players with Level 1 profiles will now see their XP bonus in the After Action Report after a League Play match.
- Resolved an issue where the damage feedback sound was not occurring for the Combat Axe or cluster bomb from the Hellstorm Missile.
- Addressed an issue where the UAV Scorestreak was not being called in for Multi-Team Hardcore matches.
- Addressed an issue where the mini map for tablet Scorestreaks would not appear on the tablet under certain round transition conditions.
- Resolved an issue with care packages bouncing unusually high.
- Fixed an issue where players could not accept invites from the Xbox 360 Dashboard.
- Addressed an issue where players with the Riot Shield could survive dog attacks while prone with the Riot Shield on their back.
- Rapidly pressing the Swap Weapons button no longer inverts the player model’s left hand with the M8A1 equipped.
- Resolved an issue where the lobby score for the winner of a Gun Game match didn’t match the ending score of the match.
- Addressed an issue during rewind in Theater Mode where the waves in Hydro were jittering while the flood is occurring.
- Fixed an issue in Downhill with the light effects on the gondolas not appearing after a Host Migration or round change.
- Players can no longer get out of the map in Downhill by going prone and getting run over by the gondola in the station.
- Dead bodies no longer float if the player dives to prone into a gondola just before getting hit by it.
- Players can now earn the Thief Challenge if they use Black Hat to steal an enemy care package.
- Resolved an issue where the Equipment statistics for the Smoke Grenade were not accurately reflecting in the Combat Record what was achieved in game.
- Fixed an issue in Mirage where players could fall outside the map by diving to prone through a section of door on the Southeast side of the map.
- Addressed an issue where players could get on top of a tent in Grind.
- Fixed an issue in Grind where the player could see outside of the map.
- Addressed exploits where the Dragonfire could get under the map in Mirage and Hydro.
- Reduced the red flash damage indicator when using the Toughness Perk.
- Reduced Guardian damage in Hardcore modes.
- Addressed an issue where the players could not access the in game store.
- Addressed a long black screen issue while players watch the Intro Zombies movie when loading System Link / LAN Party games.
- Players will no longer be seen clipping into the concrete when sliding from the Green to Orange building in Theater Mode on Die Rise.
- Fixed an issue in Zombies Theater Mode where the Who’s Who swirly vision can be seen for players who are not in the mode when switching from players who are.
- Addressed an issue for Split Screen users on Turned Diner in Theater Mode where the eye glow was missing from zombies when viewed in third person and jumping to start.
- Disappearing fog addressed in Theater Mode when flying through the laboratory in Tranzit.
- Fixed a spawn issue for players in Die Rise that spawn on top of the escape pod after a host migration in a 2+ player game.
- Players will no longer be given momentary control of a character before being put into spectator mode when Hot Joining a Custom Game on Nuketown.
- Addressed an issue where players had in-game functionality during the loading countdown timer on Tranzit if a Host Migration occurred during the first 5 seconds of a game.
- Player names will now appear above players when in spectate mode upon hot joining a custom Grief game mode.
- Fixed an issue where Zombies were not spawning in after a Host Migration in a Bus Depot standard match.
- Addressed issue where Sliquifier would create too many slippery spots.
- Addressed an issue in Turned where Zombie vision would disappear after several host migrations occurred.
- Addressed an issue where the players controller would vibrate for a long duration after the player hot joined a game of Tranzit
- Resolved several instances in Die Rise where players could jump above a barricades and avoid Zombie attacks.
- Resolved several instances in Die Rise where players could hide in objects in the world and avoid Zombie attacks.
- Addressed several locations where players can survive a landing in unplayable space.
- Fixed an issue in Die Rise where Zombies could not path to players depending on Tramplesteam positioning
- Fixed an issue where users could not play the game in offline mode.
- Players will now hear announcer dialogue in the Turned game mode.
- Addressed an issue where players are able to start a game of turned with only one player.
- Resolved several instances where players could avoid Zombie attacks by hiding in objects around Tranzit
- Addressed an issue with taking screenshots in Theater mode
- Addressed issues with the Buildables system
- Addressed issues where players would say the wrong dialogue
- Addressed several issues in Die Rise where Zombies had trouble pathing to players.
- Addressed an issue where players could jump out of the playable space in Die Rise.
Oh yeah, they didn't do anything... SMH
Maybe in the NEXT update they can fix the internet and upgrade the capabilities of the XBox.... but they can't fix stupid.
Look i understand the xbox only uses a certain speed i got told this by my internet provider that the xbox and microsoft wont pay the extra money for better servers.yes they fixed alot in this update but not what everyone wants. i hardly get lag but what does piss me off is when i get connection interrupted for no reason and no one else does and i die its noramlly every game sometimes i even get kicked for no reason my speed is 60MB/2.90B and my ping is 15-22MS my jitter is 2MS and my grade for my connection is A.i stopped playing core coz of the lag comp i dont notice it much in hardcore but i still get connection interrupted
it aint lag comp im bothered by its the 1 min im running next i get connection interupted and im running on the spot next thing i know im dead i watch the kill cam and im running on the spot and they guy just kills me
Ok. How about matchmaking? Although I think you have made some decent contributions to the forum I am equally sick of hearing others say there are no issues. If you don't see issues, great for you. I didn't experience a thing outside normal expectation until the first TU then it went downhill and has ever since.
I have a ton of time across EVERY COD title and this one takes the cake regarding inconsistency of hit detection and consequently gameplay. No excuse, empirical fact from my standpoint and mine alone based on years spent with the franchise. Futher, I could care less what you want to call the root cause other than when I finally and hopefully read about how it was fixed or leveled in a TU.
Also, I would add that the whole "git gud" response is tiring as well. I guarantee that with 30k kills in BO2 my SPM/KD is higher than most if not all of those that use that response and it consequently gets just as old reading it as you with the complainers.
well the EMP glitch i never new about tbh i new about none of the glitchs as for the gaurdian i dont use it like sentry guns as it takes one EMP nade and its gone i run AGR and stealth chooper and dogs or AGR swarm and dogs got a double dogs and swarm the other night i just dont get the connection interupted bit