13 Replies Latest reply: Feb 12, 2013 2:45 PM by Jhumpss RSS

Hardcore Ricochet? instead of being ejected from the game.

Okay, I love Black Ops 2 multiplayer but, what I am really starting to not be able to tolerate anymore and I know alot of you will be with me on this one.

I play hardcore. Aside from the lack of game types, the priority one issue is the fact that you can be 30 kills with 3 deaths. Then, just because your idiot teammate runs out in front of your gunfire, or runs into the grenade they just watched you throw, or purposely stands underneath your care package landing spot... you get kicked... and lose all of your match bonus no matter how amazingly well you were doing.

I would much rather be killed myself by RICOCHET than to lose everything by being ejected from the game in such a way you just want to rage, punch your tv, throw your controller, and trash your game disc, then go play Halo 4, or COD MW3.

Can you please fix this! With all of the brilliant ideas in COD: BO2 I am amazingly surprised that noone in dev or programming thought of implementing ricochet into hardcore.

RICOCHET RICOCHET RICOCHET!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

...and I wouldn't mind seeing more game types either...

...and also bring drop zone to COD BO2...

...that is all.

• Re: Hardcore Ricochet? instead of being ejected from the game.

Ricochet would only lead to teammates trolling and corner trapping. It'd make things worse.

nicedrewishfela

Yeah, still a bad idea.

DEAR... GOD.. NO. Worst idea ever. Ricochet leads to selfish play. Hardocre is meant for people to play a more aware, team-oriented playstyle. Ricochet takes away from that in a bad way. Be more careful and communicate and you won't get kicked.

Yeah, that about sums it up.

Go play Core if you can't be more aware and control your fire.

I am plenty aware, it's the other teammates who are not. and I do apologize I do not want to turn this into an arguement thread but, when teammates run at an angle from behind you and cross your path you really don't have time to react and cease fire.

Also the problem being teammates who purposely do things to kill themselves through you to get you kicked because I guess they think its funny or something. You cant stop someone from jumping onto your genades and even if you say hey stop I threw a grenade, usually they dont care enough to listen and just run through it. Then you have the ones who sit under your care package to be squished, maybe I should just push them out of the way right? oh I cant, again theres nothing I can do to stop this.

I don't understand how this would lead to trolling, which usually is a phrase applied to posts made on forums like this one.. I dont quite understand what corner trapping is. Selfish play is moreso trying to get a teammate kicked because they are playing better than you as compared to being killed yourself when you shoot a teammate...

IDK maybe they should have some psyonic scan of a persons brain to see if they are mentally qualified to play hardcore before being able to search for a game in the hardcore playlist and not be... well a moron but, I think that is to far ahead of our current technology.

As far as hardcore being meant for more aware and more team oriented... I do agree partially...

... but when the team is the problem and it has to do with being booted for friendly fire,

Ricochet would prevent people from team killing you just to end your streak,

it would prevent you losing your match bonus because of childish morons,

and it would promote a more "aware" gameplay in the same way because if you do shoot your teammates and you die, well you ended your own streak because you werent "aware" of the moron running into your gunfire from behind you, or you weren't "aware" of the idiot running in the direction that you threw your grenade.

Please explain what corner trapping is, I would like to know so that I may debate to myself rather or not ricochet would promote this behavior. thank you

I have to agree with OP.

Until they can write some amazing coding that would determine if you intentionally / carelessly (random grenade tosses) killed your teammate or if said teammate was just being careless or a bag of douche; Riccochet is the best answer.

Yes, players need to be responsible for their actions but as OP said, many times it is the stupidity or lack of awareness of other players that causes the problem in the first place. And we all know that you can't fix stupid.

Anyone claiming that this is not an issue or that they never have this happen to them either doesn't play HC or is straight up full of ****.

Kajiggered wrote:

I don't understand how this would lead to trolling, which usually is a phrase applied to posts made on forums like this one.. I dont quite understand what corner trapping is. Selfish play is moreso trying to get a teammate kicked because they are playing better than you as compared to being killed yourself when you shoot a teammate...

Please explain what corner trapping is, I would like to know so that I may debate to myself rather or not ricochet would promote this behavior. thank you

Basically, in MW3, what would happen w/Ricochet is that allies would walk under friendly airstrikes, in front of Sentries, or sit on allied explosives, and wait to kill the owner. Otherwise, 2-3 allies would trap one in a corner. He wouldn't be able to move, and if he tried to kill them, he'd just die. Rinse, repeat.

It was immensely frustrating, which is why I wish to God that they'd bring back Hardcore FFA to MW3. HCFFA was the ONLY HC mode I ever cared to play for the simpel fact that I didn't have to worry about a bunch of window lickers barring me in corners.

nuttin2say

Personally, I preferred the way HC worked in COD4 ...

1st TK ... 15 second spawn delay

2nd TK ... 30 second spawn delay

3rd TK ... 45 second delay

I think it went up to a full minute. Doesn't anyone remember Shipment? I think that was the ultra-small map that was utter chaos. You couldn't play that map without team killing to one degree or another.

scotland-rules

I think this is what should happen.

HC TDM and games like it. Kill a teammate no penalty. Second 15 seconds, third 30 seconds fourth 1 minutes.....then every other kill a minute each.

However, for HC S&D I think ricochet mode should be on. Simply because you only have one life per round and a teammate shouldn't get away with being so careless around their team when they have only one life per round.

Paramac55

I played a game yesterday where the host couldn't be kicked for team killing. I played the game back from his perspective and watched him run around constantly killing the same teammate. He did start to get time delays on his spawns, the longest was about 45 seconds.

I also had a "Teammate" jump on my bettie and kill himself just to take my sniping position. After coming back several minutes later and placing my bettie, he ran back and killed himself with it causing me to be kicked.

I reported him for cheating as I find this a definate form of cheating, I don't know what will happen though.

I didn't ever have any problems with MW3 so ricochet worked well for me there.

Na it's funny when people get kicked for laying betties ib the ground and getting team kills.

scotland-rules

I have to agree, with Richochet mode enabled, people won't be so careless and it would eliminate the "hardcore" trolls that have been cropping up.

Either that or they could employ the method of adding a time limit like I said above. Either way something needs to be done.

i'm a hardcore player as well and im in support of ricochet...

yes, there will be the few trollers who will try and trap you in a corner, but 90% of the time i'm in a full party and that's not going to happen.. even when im not in a full party, it RARELY happened on mw3.. you get it here and there, but it REALLY was NOT that big of a deal.

it really sucks losing out on the bonus xp when you're having a good game.. ive been kicked out when the match is literally seconds away from being done, it sucks.

there are SO MANY random grenades, so many times where opponents run into your sentry gun fire, or other killstreak awards where a teammate gets killed..

its just horrible to be KICKED because of these random things.. yes, you could be more aware, but when the game is so fast paced and crazy (kill confirmed), its really hard to not get some accidental teammate kills.

This is a problem. Although richochet isn't the answer. Unfortunetly hardcore is full of trolls, and always has been, but with richochet it is alot worst, trust me! The answer simply lies with not being ejected from game but with another form of punishment, i.e long delayed spawn.