another reason I believe it has been brought down is bcuz the beginning of the game you could flash, concuss, shock charge, EMP and/or Hitmarker a few players with the end result of your team killing the entire enemy team and you gaining a ton of assists, thus giving you a UAV within the first 10 (or 30) seconds of the game with very little effort. Just an Idea maybe they want people to really earn it instead of sitting back and throwing 4 tacticals (with tactition) until they get a UAV.
An interesting idea, but they could just change it so you can't chuck tacticals at the beginning of the game like how no noobtubing in BO at the start. Plus to throw 4 you'd have to use scavenger and run over a dead enemy so you'd have a chance to be killed. Also, I feel that if you could pull that off, you deserve a UAV for sure, because I've never seen anyone get enough assists to get a UAV. But I like that you're thinking, so thanks.
I also agree. To help make your point more clear, here is a list of the amount of kills required for scorestreaks if the score per kill is increased to 125:
4 kills - UAV
4 kills - RC-XD
5 kills - Hunter Killer
5 kills - Care Package
5 kills - Counter UAV
6 kills - Guardian
6 kills - Hellstorm Missle
6 kills - Lightning Strike
7 kills - Sentry Gun
7 kills - Death Machine
8 kills - War Machine
8 kills - Dragonfire
8 kills - AGR
9 kills - Stealth Chopper
10 kills - Orbital VSAT
10 kills - Escort Drone
11 kills - EMP Systems
12 kills - Warthog
12 kills - Lodestar
13 kills - VTOL Warship
14 kills - K9 Unit
16 kills - Swarm
Now that I think about it, I shudder at the thought of what Hardline might do to these numbers...
With hardline UAV would still be three kills consecutive. In MW3 it was 3 non-consecutive kills. Huge difference. And even with that and the UAV being really hard to shoot down in MW3 with the high buildings and dark skies there was no UAV spam. So why do people think 350 score for UAV would cause UAV spam???????
I don't understand why they nerfed it in TDM too. Having it as a 5 killstreak encourages campy gameplay because people aren't as comfortable moving when there's barely any UAVs up. It was already difficult to get high streaks compared to other modes as it is....
You're already top of the leaderboards out of my friends list, whats your problem? If the game was any easier for you it would just be plain boring wouldn't it? You have your DA, AA, 4bar connection, what more do you want?
The main reason for the increase, was that when the game was new and no-one had ghost, the UAV was "spammed" making it hard to survive becasuse a UAV was constantly up, often the team that won was the team that got then most number of UAVs up.
However, now many players have access to ghost, and therefore the UAV should be reset back down to 350 as the community can easily deal with it. The revalation that blackhats can hack UAVS and launchers can shoot them down, should easily be enough to bump it back down because of how easily it can be destroyed.
Uavs werent really a problem in MW3 because assassin was good anyways. I never complained about having to use assassin quite simply because the rest of the teir 2 perks were bad in comparison, assassin was just a godly perk and was way overpowered.
HArdline? meh, Blast shield? LOL. Overkill? ROFLMAO, Quickdraw? eh, mostly useless.
That's an interesting answer, and I could see how some players with a more conservative playing style would complain a bit, as a person who moves a lot UAV's aren't that bad. Before a mark correct answer could A_Trey_U confirm this? The main question I had is why would Treyarch do that in the last patch when most people had already gotten Ghost? I know it has to do with the Xbox360 and PS3 getting this but you'd think Treyarch would think it over.......... Anyways, is there any chance of changing it back Treyarch(or even to 300 like the way it used to be) or giving more points per completing actions?
I doubt it will go back down.
Treyarch might say they want to stop camping, but lets be honest they have given campers a multitude of things to help them camp. Shock charges, betties/claymores, Target finder.
Sure they mightve nerfed ghost, but who needs it now you need 4/5 kills for a simple spy plane (that can be shot down with minimal effort).
Treyarch cant afford to nerf camping anymore, as it affects the casual playerbase (ie the majority of there customers), no casuals =/= no profit.
The revalation that blackhats can hack UAVS and launchers can shoot them down, should easily be enough to bump it back down because of how easily it can be destroyed.
I use UAVs all the time and 90% of them are destroyed within a matter of seconds. Having to get 5 kills for a UAV that will only last 8 seconds is a little lame, especially considering that you can get a lightning strike capable of killing the entire enemy team with just one or two kills more.
Your comments are quite interesting so I started thinking a bit and it seems lots of the scorestreaks were underpowered before the patch. And for some reason Treyarch decided to nerf the ones that were okay and make even more scorestreaks underpowered instead of buffing the underpowered ones.
Here's my opinion on scorestreaks:
- UAV-425 score seriously? That's five consecutive kills compared to 4 Non Consecutive kills in MW3. Most of the arguement is above but I wanted to restate the craziest part.
- RCXD-450 score is a bit high but once I started using it I realized its actually really good if you know how. I used it in TDM and got a kill like 90% of the time. So pretty reasonable.
- Hunter Killer-525 also reasonable, you will usually get a kill or destroy a UAV or something. I know its more than the UAV but you can't always win.
- Care package-550 lots of complaining about noobs getting high scorestreaks but its also a risk,, I've killed a lot of people by knowing their location
- CUAV-600 Should be a bit lower, required 5 non-consecutive points in MW3. Maybe 500.
- Guardian-650 Way too high, I don't think buffing it would help, itd be like the sentry gun. I would suggest 575 score, its mostly used for defending objectives.
- Hellstorm-700 reasonable, if you use it at the right time easy mutlikill. I know that makes it seem OP but lots of noobs misuse it so overall reasonable, although can be abused by better players.
- Lightning Strike-750 I didn't like the patch because I think it was fair before. Also, there's the blurry screen problem.
- Sentry gun-800 Lots of complaining about EMP grenades but I usually get two kills. I think its fair because if you place it correctly its totally owns
- Death machine- 850 I think its too weak, its not as good as it was in BO and you have to carry it around so no easy kills. Needs a buff in my opinion, maybe lower score to 775.
- War machine- 900 Interesting streak, it has plenty of potential but also a bit weak in my opinion, you can be flanked easily. I'd say lower score requirement to like 800.
- Dragonfire-975 Its totally useless to Wii Mote users, so fix it before I make a call.
- AGR-1000 Very fair, can get like 5 kills but you can destroy it with EMP grenades.
- Stealth Chopper-1100 Another fair, I've seen it devestate a team and I've been killed so many times but it can be shot down.
- Orbital VSAT-In the hands of a good team, its great. However it does need a buff for the owner, why only 10 points for assist, same as UAV and CUAV? Should be 20 pts in my opinion.
- Escort Drone-1250. I feel its effects are similar to the stealth chopper but protects the owner a bit more, fair in my opinion.
- EMP Systems-1300 This is great but why only 10 pts for the assists? Should be 25 in my opinion
- Warthog-1400 This can devestate on open maps but on maps with buildings its useless. Would like to see more penetration on weak buildings to flush out campers, but not strong buildings to give people a chance to hide.
- Lodestar-1500 Thank you Treyarch for fixing the Wii Mote controls. That said, I thought it was fine before, why the nerf? It can be shot down and people can hide so make it effective against teams that fail to do so.
- VTOL Warship-This is really underpowered, way to easy to shoot down. I'd like to see two direct rocket shots to kill so a team has to take it down, not one person.
- K-9 unit-1700 fair
- Swarm-1900 fair
That's my thoughts, what are your and feel free to disagree. And A_Trey_U could you look at this thread and give some feedback?It'd be much appreciated.
Okay thanks for the idea I will try it. However, I have noticed that pushing the relocate button too much means that you won't have much time to aim. Treyarch, could you please consider a buff for the VTOL Warship? And could you give a reply so that we know you have seen the thread and could you please tell us your thoughts on it?
i agree with most of those I guess.
I dont run most of the streaks because they're useless..... or just bad.
I generally pick from a pool of; UAV/CUAV/Hellstorm/Lightning strike/ Stealth chopper/VSAT/Escort drone/EMP/ Dogs/ Swarm.
The rest arent worth running whatsoever, they arent that good.
HKiller/Care package and Rc car are well below what I can get on an average game, so they're out.
Guardian/Sentry gun/AGR/Dragonfire are just EMP nade bait and Blackhat bait, they're usually near useless, and get destroyed in no time.
War/Death machine are ok, but i'd prefer the 100 points I get with my regular gun.
Warthog is just hit and miss. Sometimes it gets 8 kills, sometimes it gets 1 or 2, just so incosistent and not worth it.
Lodestar/VTOL, these things are fun to pilot, but they get shot down so fast its unbeleivable, they really need more flares, especially because im getting 5 kills on average before i go down, whats the point when for 200 points more I can get dogs? These 2 arent worth it, especially since the lode got nerfed, its getting shot down more easily because my missiles are taking to long to hit the guy whos locking onto me...
Imo even the stealth chopper isnt that good, it often gets sent down as soon as it gets put up, an extra flare would be nice (along with the escort drone having an extra one).
Its a shame that the high player controlled scorestreaks are so weak in comparison to the AI ones. Its why you always see dogs + swarm instead of VTOL + Dogs, in fact i rarely even see the VTOL because its such a joke, i want it patched but i doubt it will be.
Good points, I've been trying the warthog recently and its really hit or miss. I'd have to disagree with the sentry and agr though, I've been testing those and they're not bad. I'm averaging two kills with sentry, about 2.5 with the agr. I also threw an emp grenade right at the agr and it survived, its a tough cookie.
The thing is about the sentry gun/AGR is that 2 kills just isnt cutting it for me, especially since the hellstorm/lightning strike averages 3 on a regular basis, even something like the war machine will net you more kills. Dogs cost roughly twice what the sentry gun does and net me -10 kills on average, so at half the cost, i should be getting 4-5 kills with my sentry gun.
MW3s sentry gun were getting me more kills, but then again, EMP nades were ridiculously scarce in that game.
The AGR can survive 1 EMP nade, but since I carry EMP + a pack of C4, the combination of the 2 destroys it pretty quickly.... poor Wall-E.
I've been running some of the lower streaks and no matter what I do, i usually get a kill before an EMP nade is thrown my way and the sentry guns destroyed.
Unlike the VTOL where you can actually try and stop people from taking you down, you really have no control over the sentry guns demise.
You cant stop blackhats and the EMP nades effect goes through walls, so trophy systems arent useful either
I've never been a fan of the AGR, i always feel like for 200 points more I could have a VSAT which far outclasses it, I really want to see the VSAT take more score to use, that thing is so good its unbeleivable. Plus, with the high usage of EMP nades, its never around long.
In my opinion, the high usage of emp nades/black hats is costing scorestreaks dearly, until something is done about this (either hardwired protecting stuff from EMP nades, or sentry guns maybe taking 2 EMP nades), too me they just arent worth running.
My opinion is that Treyarch increased the score required because of how everything you do in this game counts toward building scorestreak points.
You say that a UAV now requires 5 kills. That's correct, IF all of your score comes from shooting people. However, you can get points from other sources such as destroying equipment or enemy support which can greatly quicken the process of getting scorestreaks.
For example, the ever-so-popular bouncing betty/shock charge setup will give you 100 points, the same as a kill, if you toss an EMP grenade at them. Taking a flag in Domination gives 200 points, the equivalent of 2 kills. Taking down a UAV is 75 points, three-quarters of a kill.
In conclusion, be active out there, destroy anything and everything, and the scorestreaks will come pretty easily.
You have a good point, and I appreciate your answer, but the problem is that unlike in MW3 it requires streaks. The 200 points for domination capping seems like a lot on paper, but capping a flag means a high chance of getting killed. Its extremely hard to cap several flags in a row now, especially with six players. Honestly I feel capping a flag should be 250 points because of how hard it is. The 100 points for destroying the equiptment means you can't have a flashbang/concussion meaning you'll get killed easily(the emp grenade is useless against da users with their aim assist). Shooting down a UAV is a way to get points quickly, but the problem is that UAV's aren't around a lot anymore after the patch. I feel the patch has started a bad cycle(theres's other problems that I've noticed) which needs to be fixed. Another problem is that on TDM there are no objectives and people don't use equiptment that much. So thank you for your feedback but Treyarch, could you make the objectives worth more, because the high chance of being killed means its of limited use toward your scorestreak.