12 Replies Latest reply: Feb 18, 2013 1:22 AM by starbuckfrack RSS

nuketown free for everyone

when are they going to make nuketown available to everyone, i am getting sick of going into bonus/moshpit to play it on random game types, i want it in the normal playlists like hardcore kill confirmed

• Re: nuketown free for everyone

Nuketown is not going to be available. It was intended to be just for pre-ordered games.

Restore_Hardcore

I still think it's dumb that it's not available to play in any HC mode! Guess HC preorder dollars don't count.

Am I the only one who finds it hard to believe that with over a billion dollars made in games sales and some of the best people in the video gaming industry that they still can not put Nuketown 2025 in regular rotation along with the the other game modes and maps? Whenever a new map pack is released, they are able to separate those who have the dlc and those who do not have it. I honestly don't see how it could be much different with those who have Nuketown 2025 and those who do not. They spent tons of advertising dollars on Nuketown 2025 posters, t-shirts, websites, magazines ads, and commercials to build up hype and sales for the game. People pre-ordered the game, waited in long line-ups and collectively paid half a billion dollars on launch day; yet they are still unable to honour their customers who simply want to ejoy the fan favourite map that they eagerly waited, and still wait, to play with all the other maps and modes. This is not good business practice and has left many COD fans with distrust and a bitter taste in their mouths.

Nuketown 2025 is just a marketing gimmick designed to get people to preorder BO2. You really don't think you can play MP on the map you want when you want do you?

Nuketown IS available to everyone.....everyone that owns BO1!! Just put the game in your console and there you go. Sorry...had to go there.

In all seriousness now. Nuketown 2025 was only available to those who preordered. It was Activisions way to make more sales. They may or may not throw it into a DLC later on, but as of now, there are no plans that I have heard of.

highlandsparky

They're not going to...It was a marketing ploy to make more sales. I personally hate the map, so I'm glad it's not available to all..

starbuckfrack

Just like some zombie maps in Black Ops 1 when you pre ordered and in august ten months after release you got an extra "moon map" . They sold the final map pack to the general public that you got for free.

Its VERY likely that the map will be released with the final DLC.