well this is what you get when a game becomes to popular.
it will cator to the casual gamers.
where players at the start of the game run to strategic points to hold down , now people rush all the way to the other respawn spot.
I mean in Yemen on HQ you will respawn right in front of the 1st HQ and yet you see idiots run all around the map instead of securing and holding down the 1st HQ.
They get killed, your left by yourself, you get killed, you respwan other side of the map, you are behind.
This game lacks strategy at all and its heading more towards Quake , where when i bought MW i thought it would at least head towards Counter strike in terms of gameplay.
To all the people saying "CoD has always been like this, is this your first CoD" erm... is this your first CoD? This is NOT how it's always been at all.
Like I have said before, in the early days of CoD4 it was a mainly adult community. People played to win, no one ever rushed around the map like a LOT of players do now. Tactical gameplay was the order of the day... every day, every game. High prestige MEANT high skill.
These days, high prestige means nothing and I'm living proof of that. I'm Prestige Master and although I'm almost always going positive, sometimes it's only by 5 or 6 kills, not by 20 or even 40 like 10th Prestige players back then would almost always do.
Then something terrible happened... children (anyone under 18) noticed CoD... and by the time MW2 was with us, they ruled it. Whether anyone likes to admit it or not, what I have just said is HOW IT IS.
There is loads of campers in this game... So many kids sat in a room/building surrounded with bettys/claymores sat in the window with target finder.
What this game needs is bigger maps/more flank routes. Most of the maps are designed from one side flipped around and used on the other side with hardly any places to go.
1900 posts and this is what you have to say?
treyarch doesnt care how you play, they only care if you buy the game or not. They will cater to whatever means the most sales.
camping does take skill, after all you're just a sitting duck. it is a part of any warfare.
i can only assume you are from the lightweight/dexterity rush crowd. so much skill involved in running to the middle and hitting R1! god forbin you have to predict gameplay or aim your gun. there is no thought process here, just mindless running and R1.
i love what the worm did, its like he stuck the middle finger staight to the game. he does what you're not supposed to be able to do.
I agree, I joined CoD in WAW (I did play CoD4 but this was when WAW was out) and I agree with everything you said, CoD used to be about having to use tactics and some degrnee of skill. MW2 and BO1 you did have to use some form of Skill, but they opened it up to casual gamers and children as well which I didn't mind in MW2 and BO1 because you had bigger maps and better designed spawns it was easily enough to use your Skills to defeat the enemy. Now in MW3 (not as much, but still evident) and BO2 you are running around like a headless chicken trying to get massive kills and its just really really annoying and stupid.
You cannot catch your breath or use anyy form of tactics.
The thing is, I think we all agree that every CoD will always have campers. However when someone camps on small maps its worse because the camper can easily rack up multiple kills, when say on MW2, a total stationary camper would have gotten fewer kills due to the enemies that were passing him.
Bottom line is,
I don't have an issue with campers, they balance the games complete rushing side AND create more playstyles because right now all we have is a game where people run and gun 95% of the time and the other 5% makes the majority of all other playstyles.
yeah im going to have to agree with you here, i play defensively, so naturally i get called a "camper" which i dont, but because im not runninga round corners blindly and getting killed and actually haveing an awesome KD i get flamed for tactical game play..
here is what I have learned...
I can run and gun.. its not hard, hip fire with lazer sight.. pretty easy
defensive playing is harder, you have to predict where enemys are gonna pop up who are already looking for you oppose to you looking for them
ive done it all and id say im pretty good at both styles of play, and it doesnt matter how you play, you are everything but GOOD to other players.. ie. camper, hacker, modder, sound whore, *name calling*, but never "GOOD"
so play how you want