18 Replies Latest reply on Jan 31, 2013 7:42 AM by doughxDude87 RSS

Idea for snipers

Snce many complain about quickscoping, ( bare in mind i am not one of them) a potential idea came to me, (also if this has been thought of or explained i did a search and didnt find it) why not have the snipers do less damage the closer a target is, like 20 dam from 1-20 yards 50 from 21-40 yards and full damge from their on out.  I understand thats a ballpark rough number and might have to be coded as a variable depnding on map size.  With this change treyarch could put the quick ads time that MW has on the snipers, so for close engagements a QS'er would have to nail you 2 times for most close engagements and 4-5 at real close..but for standard sniping ranges just once.

I am thinking quickscoping would be gone if this was the case, forcing players to switch to a sidearm in cqb.  This is just an idea, like i said i have no isses with QS, unless a player is very good at it, i dont see it as a threat, to me a good QS is just as deadly as anyone who is good with any other weapon

thanks for reading

• Re: Idea for snipers

Nope.  They already took away Aim Assist, what else do you want to get rid of to keep handicapping the snipers even more and more to the point it that everyone will be spraying everyone down with SMGs?

The reverse damage profile has been suggested before but never used. Because those who QS would threaten to boycot CoD and they make up a large precentage of the buyers so it will never happen.

I think you all need to man up.

Quickscopers put themselves at a disadvantage, and I find them easy kills.

Seriously, if you shed a tear over quickscopers, this game is not for you, go play Neopets or something.

Thats true, aside from the few really good ones, QS'ers are easy kills, liek i said i am simply chiming in an idea open to discussion on the topic. Also any really good player, regardless of weapons is gonna be able to kill joe random easy enough

I completely agree... Why is it a glitcher will get banned for doing a "prestige glitch" but not for "glitchscoping"? it makes no sense to me at all...

90% of the time i get shot by a sniper the crosshair is about a meter away from me...but they get the kill because they drap their scope half way accoss the map? lol.

i Agree with Dragon too..

BUT, i can "Glitchscope" and am pretty good at it, thats why i am in this thread, i like to "glitchscope" but it is TOOOO easy. when BO1 first came out it was AMAZING because you had to learn how to do it all over again.

thats my opinion, but like you said "we wont want OpTic and their fanboys to cry even more"...

Lol if its that easy I would love to see a screen shot or short vid of you Beasting in say a FFA game . Shouldn't be hard since its sooo easy ! Lol

Since you say 90% of the time the guy misses by a meter ?? Lol I don't think you know what your on about ! Stop watching killcams ! They mean nothing !

I look forward to this awesome game play ;)

I agree it makes the sniper actually do their job if they want to go CQB use an smg.  A good bitchscoper is near impossible to kill.  While the bad ones still annoying and all but usually you will kill them.