20 Replies Latest reply: Jan 31, 2013 5:30 AM by Izjar11 RSS

Patch notes 1.06 ~ A  Few questions.

Izjar11

COD

The patch we were waiting for is now here (fingers crossed) I am work and cannot do much but I had a few questions on the notes, so lets discuss what some of these changes mean: (My questions will be bolded)

New Features & Feature Improvements

• Lowered HUD threshold for the "low health" overlay to increase player’s awareness of low health.  ~ What does this mean exactly, that the amount of time you appear "hurt" to "recovered" has been reduced ?

Issues Addressed

• Matchmaking modified to never return games outside of player’s own continent, unless the Connection Type in Search Preferences is set to “Any”.  ~Should this be the solution to improving connectivity?  
        • Improved turret tracking to eliminate false positives when checking line of sight. turrets were buffed? Hahaha well I guess I'll try them some more.

• Addressed multiple UI issues.  ~ What does this mean?
        • Various minor map fixes were made across multiple maps. ~ Which are? These changes should have been included in these notes.

Gameplay Balancing

Scorestreaks:

• Death Machine: 3 hit kill range increased.  ~Good the death machine needed help
        • Dragonfire: health increased, gun spread reduced.  ~Another very good thing
        • AGR: ground speed increased, reduced machine gun close range damage.  ~YUP YUP
        • Warthog: reduced missile delay.  ~This thing is good but impossible to shot down, does this mean it will be better?
        • Lodestar: reduced missile speed and AOE radius.   ~ Slower missiles better opportunity to shot down!

Equipment:

• Trophy System: increased range.Didnt know that was a problem! haha

SMGs:

• All + Silencers: reduced range.~ NICE

Assault Rifles:

• All: reduced idle sway.  All these changes are good except for the FAL select fire recoil.
        • M27: reduced amount of bullets to headshot kill at all ranges, increased 4-hit kill range. 
        • Type25: reduced amount of bullets to headshot kill at all ranges, slightly reduced maximum hip fire spread. 
        • SCAR: Increased 3-hit kill range. Maximum amount of bullets to kill is now 4. 
        • SIG556: Penetration increased from medium to large, reduced burst delay, and maximum amount of bullets to kill is now 4. 
        • MTAR: increased 3-hit kill range. 
        • SMR: slight increase to damage so that 2 hit kills can still happen with minor penetration, headshot multiplier increased at long distance. 
        • FAL OSW + Select Fire: increased recoil. 
        • FAL OSW: increased hip spread.

LMGs:

• All: ADS in and out time reduced.

I am not sure how this patch will improve connectivity but its something, I can only cross my fingers that the games playability will become better with this note.

Good luck hunting COD