23 Replies Latest reply: Jan 18, 2013 6:11 AM by phxs72 RSS

spawn trapping

between spawn trapping and people lag switching i can't have a good experience with black ops 2. spawn trapping should really be taken out cus it seems like its the enemys only method on winning. its not fair. the lag switching and excessively small maps i can deal with but when someone is killling you everytime you spawn and thats how they win its not fair at all. its bullshit if you ask me. does anyone feel the same way i do?

• Re: spawn trapping
          rlbl

Do you have proof of such claims (esp. the lag switching?)

Happens loads on Hijacked on Domination. B & C were taken and then they trapped us at A - even had two guys behind us at the back of the board, two up on the bridge too... I've also been spawned 4 times right at the position I got killed..

r_flinchy

Oh yes - Hijacked is a spawn trappers delight! Thank god there is a quit button right. What's the point of staying when it occurs. Might as well get the whole team to quit and forfiet the entire map to limit the number of points they can earn.

Me too! Yesterday my team was gang raped by the oppossing team, one guy on the loadstar shooting at spawn on Nuketown killing everyone as they spawn, and the rest of his team lightning striking the spawn and camping at the spawn, it was a joke! We never had a chance to even spawn! In the end i had 10 kills and 65 deaths, the worse score i have ever ever had in any FPS game... Very unfair... Spawn protect please Treyarch?

why would you stay in? im with you that spawn killing is cheap, but if its that bad, you should just quit.. all your doing is giving them kills on your behalf killing your kd.. your gonna lose anyway.. i dont get it when i see a player that stays in a  game and will go 2-55 against a team of players spawn killing

yes i do have proff. i'll be trying to find someone and when i do i'll shoot at them and they will all the sudden teleport to a different spot and kill me. i know for a fact its not my connection cus i always have full bars cus my ps3 is right next to my wifi thing.

People cheat, that's how people are.

For the 10millionth time now:

Spwntrapping is how games like DOM are played. The isnt called domination because you ARENT supposed to dominate the map. DOM is even split into two rounds now so if your team is terrible you still have a chance to not let it happen again.

Waaaaaaaaaay too many people want to defend their home flag which lets another team cut off the middle of the map and before you know it....trapped.

Spawn KILLING on the other hand is different. If youre somewhere that youre watching them actually spawn and youre killing them...thats how its NOT supposed to be. Demolition has been known to be particularly bad for this.

Your comment about all the lag switching draws me to the conclusion that you just dont know what you're posting about.

i've been running around on say carrier find someone aim and shoot at them then all the sudden they teleport to a different spot and kill me. and what your saying about spawn killing is one thing that i was talking about without directly saying it.

It's a method of playing the game.. How people get clips and such for YouTube or w/e

Spawn trapping is a way to play. It is like rushing, camping, defending, etc. The way to not get spawn trapped is to get scorestreaks early(UAV, guardian, CUAV) to prevent them from pinning you down. If they cannot find you, then they won't spawn trap. You need to play the objective and... NOT DIE

No it is not the way you play! You get at least 5 guys on the same team to get tac inserts, go past the b flag and rush to the edge of the other teams spawn.... Then just lay waste to them the whole round is not playing! I have video of teams doing this and not just on Hijacked or domination. Certain maps not all will keep you spawning in the same little area as long as the other team stays just on the edge of the spawn. There is no skill in that! Its using a glitch with your buddies to make your KD ratio make look like your better then what you are. Now if its one guy or maybe even two that manage to spawn trap you the whole game that's skill! You get what I am saying. Spawn trapping is not the issue its a whole team is doing it when it gets just stupid. If you don't want to play the objectives, play team death or free for all. Is it the gamers fault no, Treyarch needs to fix the spawning to prevent that from happening on certain game types. Even though there is a code of conduct, some people screw over others to make themselves feel better. You are right about backing out, but this is become so common, eventually backing out of public matches will be the only way 1 or 2 people can play.

Now my two cents about lag switchs... Yes they are real and yes people use them! Mainly in games like capture the flag, but gamers use them. Its cheating, not skill and there is not a thing we can do but try and get Treyarch to track these players and boot them! If you have a game you played and a gamer used a lag switch. Go to the theater and save it. Figure out a way to get it to Treyarch. I have not done this yet but I have only encountered laggers 2 times and usually they jump out at the end of a game. If you know how to report that with proof then share it.

On Dom its only bad on a few maps. Hijacked and Nuketown for sure, but normally i dont get into those scenarios. What sucks is demolition..i played a team of tac inserting, lay down near spawn and shoot you as you spawn. THATS BS. In dom, holding two flags and killing them off at high traffic areas is fine, it sucks but its fine. The spawn killing is what sucks. I played demo on nuke, (see previous) so i put on a lmg target finder layed in the back and shot them through the garage walls and went 35-38, they were pissed as hell at me and called me a p----- and what not because they werent geting cheap free kills...i though it was hilarious and anger inducing at the same time, but hey i prevented them from getting their precious easy kills and streaks. Normally it is smart to leave but i knew i could ruin their day by doing it so i stayed. I raged for sure, but they did too which made me at least halfway pleased against their douchery. (even got a lightning strike and helicopter) They for sure should do something about that crap. Spawn you behind them or something. If they can fend you off that way AND still do well then so be it, they deserve it.

I honestly think that when you spawn you should have a couple of seconds of invicibility so you can turn around and kill the people spawn camping. Or while you have invincibility, if they shoot you, they die and you automatically get the kill. I know it is kinda cheep, but it will stop it in it tracks.

Dom is ment to be played that way,to trap the other team on their flag is the right way of playing it.

As for lag switchers, i know they are about,but few and far between, I had an encounter with a player using a lag switch on dom on raid about 20mins ago, we spawned at c flag and then i happend to notice as i was capturing C falg, that one of our players had teleported to B flag as we captured C. Now this sort of cheating in this day and age should be stopped...

So now we have prestige glitchers that have not been delt with,red bar lobbys,out of hand lag comp,No support from the games developer. I have played cod since cod 2, and maxed out to the highest prestige in every cod this however will be my last call of duty that i will buy, as it seem's cod is dying a slow and painfull death.

TRU11

spawn trapping is taking advantage of bad programming and is a form of cheating.

i highly doubt the game was designed for this.

or the programmers had in mind to make spawns point so that spawn trapping possible.

its nothing more then partys/clans taking advantage of bad programming lol

seriously whats the difference with lag switching or the prestige glitch BS.

All could argue the game makes it possible

My solution if you are in a game like this , is to just back out.

The only reason people will call you a rage quittter is because there is 1 less person for them to padd the stats.

rlbl

This is not entirely accurate (in fact, that IS how the devs have suggested the game be played...has been on COD wikis for years, and was also feature on EliteTV)

In some games (like demolition) it can be quite ridiculous because depending the defending team has to spawn near the bomb site or the game would be a blowout.  But because they HAVE to spawn in a certain place, the other team can infiltrate the spawn area and people cannot always safe spawn.

In Domination (in theory)*: You will spawn at your base flag unless someone is there, then the spawns can either flip or you can spawn in a neutral position (depending where the rest of your team is).  If a team does not push to the middle of the map and the enemy captures B and does not push to far past, your team will always spawn at your base flag.  This is how you can get trapped. it sucks, but it is your own teams fault for not pushing (often happens when a team is made up of random people who do not communicate).

What often happens in this case: 1 or 2 members of the uncoordinated team tries to push and they get slaughtered while the rest of the team stays safe at the base flag waiting for someone to try and cap it (which never happens against a team that is coordinated and knows what they are doing).  This essentially is a trapped team. And that is how to guarantee a loss at domination

When I play DOM, if I see I am the only one trying to cap B while the rest of the team goes to find some place to build a camp fire somewhere... I quit because I know what is going to happen.

Bottom Line: If your team gets trapped, it is not your individual fault... but it is your team's fault.  And that is how to lose at domination.

* On some maps (like hijacked) it is possible to get very close to the enemy spawn making it so an aggressive team can easily trap the enemy... almost to the point of spawn killing them.

lag switching?

Care to explain what you mean and your proof? or have you just been watching too many YouTube videos and listening to kids throwing accusations around?

phxs72

I saw something just the other night that made me wonder if it was a lag switch or just some crazy lag moment.  A guy on Slums was running from the middle opening to the B flag from the A side and turned to go into the little building that looks at the B flag.  He was moving rediculously fast and blinking in and out the whole way.  If I hadn't been staring at that area, I would have missed him completely.  I still don't know which it was but he messed up and stopped.  So I shot him in the back and felt pretty good about it