40 Replies Latest reply: Jan 8, 2013 7:48 AM by that6uy420 RSS

    TDM Objective: Kill opposing team players

      Run-N-Gun, snipe, or camp, the objective is KILL YOUR OPPONENT.

       

      To hear someone in voice chat curse and rage because someone is in a corner in a building they want to be in is retarded! If you want that spot, REMOVE the camper, or find someone else to kill. There is no rule book of how to play CoD to your liking.

       

      Objective: KILL YOUR OPPONENT

       

      Live it, like it, or love it.

        • Re: TDM Objective: Kill opposing team players

          yup...something people on this forum have a real hard time realizing...

           

          All you hear is play the objective blah blah blah....

           

          well what about TDM/HCTDM players....there objective is to kill so...yea its dumb man....this forum kinda shows why cod has been so screwed up over the past 4 games...

          • Re: TDM Objective: Kill opposing team players

            Wrong that is Free For All you are talking about. The Objective in TDM is to go Positive as a team.

             

            Simply killing the enemy won't win you the game if they are killing you more than you are killing them.

             

            Also it is considered bad form to die too much and feed the enemy scorestreaks even if you do end up positive.

              • Re: TDM Objective: Kill opposing team players

                ^^^.

                 

                I know people think that getting 20 kills in a TDM is good, and it is...But dying 19 times along with that...Yeah no thanks.

                 

                I know people have had that feeling where you are doing great, and then you look down and you are losing by 5-10 kills, it's a helpless feeling.

                  • Re: TDM Objective: Kill opposing team players

                    Film_Not_Rated wrote:

                     

                    ^^^.

                     

                    I know people think that getting 20 kills in a TDM is good, and it is...But dying 19 times along with that...Yeah no thanks.

                     

                    I know people have had that feeling where you are doing great, and then you look down and you are losing by 5-10 kills, it's a helpless feeling.

                    I know, it's one thing getting 30 kills and as you say that is great, but if you have died 25 times, then that is some scary enemy scorestreaks you have unleashed on your team mates.

                     

                    A good TDM player in my opinion goes 12 kills and a couple or 3 deaths. Give the enemy a spy plane or Care Pack and it's no biggie, but give the enemy a couple of Stealth Choppers, Dogs, or a Swarm and you are hurting your team.

                    • Re: TDM Objective: Kill opposing team players

                      Like going 40-6 and still losing the match??   Don't ask me how I know!

                  • Re: TDM Objective: Kill opposing team players

                    If everyone sat in a corner, there wouldn't be a game. Campers are exploiting the players who are trying to keep the action moving and using a cheap tactic to get easy kills that anyone can get. Seriously, how about you find two teams and tell them that the object of the game is to head glitch and camp, and then tell me how much fun you think it is.

                     

                    But, some people actually like that and might prefer that everyone camps. They enjoy the challenge of 'out camping' the enemy. That's why I just don't play TDM and quit games that are camper infested. Because it's boring to me, and I want a game to have more fast paced action and 1 vs 1's where me and my enemy run into each other (Kill Confirmed). Watching my character get killed by a cheap head glitcher makes me ashamed for the person who had to camp to kill me, but at least they nerfed Ghost.

                      • Re: TDM Objective: Kill opposing team players

                        They nerfed Ghost for the wrong reasons...It's a pity that kids/campers gave Ghost a bad name and people that used it for it's real purpose of flanking, get the bad end of the stick.

                         

                        I do kind of wish they slowly take out head glitching instead of prasing it as a tactic.

                         

                        There was a pretty raged induced moment where this dude on Express was behind one of thos blocks...I don't know how to describe them but they are next to the sub carts and next to the building where people tend to camp, and his whole body was covered but his foot, even the top of his head was barely seen by me and I had the height advantage, and he killed me. Please explain how in the hell can a guy who's head I can barely even see (the top of his helmet was showing.) can shoot me like that?

                          • Re: TDM Objective: Kill opposing team players

                            First, I think the field of view is just too high. Sure, in real life, a persons eyes can headglitch, but this is a game and that's just too cheap.

                             

                            Second, maybe headglitch spots can't all be removed because it wouldn't look very realistic (even though it is a game and realism isn't the first priority, fairness is) but it seems like they went out of their way to add too many head glitch spots. Look at the barrels at some corners on Hijacked. Were those really necessary? And come on, they are barrels... Why can't a weapon penatrate them and then the same weapon can shoot through a brick wall? Retarded.

                              • Re: TDM Objective: Kill opposing team players

                                All i'm saying is that if your gun is not in an open area, you cannot shoot.

                                 

                                If all I can see is the top of your helmet and nothing elese, no gun, no body...You should not be able to kill me.

                                 

                                I know it's a game and i'm fine with some of the spots for this, but when it gets that bad...Come on. =\

                                 

                                In the case of my death from this guy on express, his gun would have to be sticking in the barrier some how grow like 10 feet and pop out of the other side to shoot me.

                            • Re: TDM Objective: Kill opposing team players

                              SanAndreasPsycho wrote:

                               

                              If everyone sat in a corner, there wouldn't be a game. Campers are exploiting the players who are trying to keep the action moving and using a cheap tactic to get easy kills that anyone can get. Seriously, how about you find two teams and tell them that the object of the game is to head glitch and camp, and then tell me how much fun you think it is.

                               

                              But, some people actually like that and might prefer that everyone camps. They enjoy the challenge of 'out camping' the enemy. That's why I just don't play TDM and quit games that are camper infested. Because it's boring to me, and I want a game to have more fast paced action and 1 vs 1's where me and my enemy run into each other (Kill Confirmed). Watching my character get killed by a cheap head glitcher makes me ashamed for the person who had to camp to kill me, but at least they nerfed Ghost.

                              Go and play Chaos Moshpit, there are plenty of children running around like headless chickens over there.

                               

                              I will carry on being an all rounder, and if that means that sometime I try to camp a 12 and 0, then unlucky for you if you are one of the headless chickens that feed me.

                               

                              At least I will know that I contributed more than most for the WIN.

                                • Re: TDM Objective: Kill opposing team players

                                  Dude, age has nothing to do with it. I used to play SOCOM where I would just join a custom game and camp snipe the whole game. If anything, experience is why I hate camping. So please take your immature noob comments elsewhere. Because you might get an easy headglitch kill, but it took way less skill than my 'headless chicken' kills did. If you're proud of being a cheap player, then good for you. It's your game but don't try to act like you're better than me just because you know how to camp. Not really much to know and I'll laugh even harder when you call in that high reward and I dashboard the game.

                                    • Re: TDM Objective: Kill opposing team players

                                      how is killing dumbass rushers cheap?  No one said it was smart to continually rage sprint right back in to the firefight.  I have no issues of popping off headglitchers faces either ...

                                      • Re: TDM Objective: Kill opposing team players

                                        SanAndreasPsycho wrote:

                                         

                                        Dude, age has nothing to do with it. I used to play SOCOM where I would just join a custom game and camp snipe the whole game. If anything, experience is why I hate camping. So please take your immature noob comments elsewhere. Because you might get an easy headglitch kill, but it took way less skill than my 'headless chicken' kills did. If you're proud of being a cheap player, then good for you. It's your game but don't try to act like you're better than me just because you know how to camp. Not really much to know and I'll laugh even harder when you call in that high reward and I dashboard the game.

                                        1 I think you will find more mature players play tactically then immature players so age does have something to do with it. Watch what happens on the battlefield 10 minutes after school is out.

                                         

                                        2. I am just an average skilled player, but as I already mentioned (maybe you missed it) I am an all rounder which means I play all kinds of styles not just camping. I have no desire to try and make out I'm better than anyone.

                                         

                                        3. Immature noob comments? I'm probably more mature than you think, and more mature than you.

                                         

                                        4. Where is the skill in running around hipfiring a Laser SMG feeding a Camper a dozen kills and then Dashboarding?

                                    • Re: TDM Objective: Kill opposing team players
                                      CowboySr

                                      Wrong, some people like to believe that getting shot and dying is a bad thing, like in real life. They will do what they must to survive and not run around stupid and make their team lose.  The rest cry cause these people wreck them.

                                    • Re: TDM Objective: Kill opposing team players
                                      simonm

                                      what annoys me about headglitchers is even when you know the guys there and you shoot you get hitmarkers ..why ? if all i can see is your head then it should be an automatic headshot for me if i can hit you

                                        • Re: TDM Objective: Kill opposing team players

                                          I agree with this, last night 3 of us were firing on a guy head glitching, I had a war machine blasting tons of bullets at him trying to get him to go prone, the other two were trying to get headshots.  He killed all 3 of us and did so for a couple of rounds, till i gave up and came around behind him and knifed his sorry a$$!

                                        • Re: TDM Objective: Kill opposing team players

                                          There will always be camping because bad players must camp.to even get a few kills. Tdm its the first to 75 kills if you think camping in the back of the map helps the team it does not. Going 5-3 or 4-8 does nothing to help the team I have 1.29 kd and destroy in tdm putting up scores like 20-4 30-5 etc but we always so how manage to to lose by a few kills. Then you check the scoreboard when half your team was camping are all negative. People who camp are scrubs yes its a legit playstyle for garbage players.

                                            • Re: TDM Objective: Kill opposing team players

                                              BACONndEGGS wrote:

                                               

                                              There will always be camping because bad players must camp.to even get a few kills. Tdm its the first to 75 kills if you think camping in the back of the map helps the team it does not. Going 5-3 or 4-8 does nothing to help the team I have 1.29 kd and destroy in tdm putting up scores like 20-4 30-5 etc but we always so how manage to to lose by a few kills. Then you check the scoreboard when half your team was camping are all negative. People who camp are scrubs yes its a legit playstyle for garbage players.

                                              not neccessarily true there... yes the ones who sit in the back and contribute very little are worthless.  A good camper will not stay just in one place but will cover a moderately sized area.  Those are the ones you have to be careful of as they will pay attention to locations of their team and will adjust accordingly since the spawns will more than likely be coming from behind them.

                                                • Re: TDM Objective: Kill opposing team players

                                                  Most people probably stop at certain locations to get a look at an area, but some people make a career of moving from corner to head glitch spot over and over. These types of players are the most likely to claim that they have skill and brag about stats when they aren't really that good at all. I really don't care about how someone choses to live their life, but I hate when they won't accept or understand how easy their style of play actually is. Many people are not liking BO2 because it offers so many flanking points now that the old camp tactic isn't as OP as it used to be.

                                                • Re: TDM Objective: Kill opposing team players

                                                  Played a game on Drone last night where this guy hid in the air conditioners in the back of the map (near the cliff face, down and to the right just where the ladder is). He went 27-2 in hardcore TDM. I congratulated him on his epic MLG Pro camping.

                                                   

                                                  There will always be players who choose to play the game that way, like the headglitchers on Carrier.

                                                  • Re: TDM Objective: Kill opposing team players
                                                    Run_N_Gunning_Camper

                                                    I don't know about you but in my experience in Core TDM, the vast majority of negative players are run and gunners who runs around like a chicken with its head cut off. They're bad on engagements and I would rather take a camper that goes 7-2 than a run and gunner that goes12-20 or just barely positive.

                                                  • Re: TDM Objective: Kill opposing team players

                                                    Camping can be a problem in TDM, I was in a match one time that at the 5 minute mark there was total of 20 kills for both sides. The game ended on time at like 50 to 48.  Worst game I have ever been in, hands were cramping from having to run around so much trying to find out where they were camping.

                                                      • Re: TDM Objective: Kill opposing team players

                                                        those are painful but they usually end up like that on guess what... big maps!  Generally, Turbine is the most camped map... at least in my experience... second would be carrier.  I, for one, finish the map and get my points and then move out of the lobby.  There is always hope that you can find a swarm of campers and get some nice triple or quad kills.