1 2 3 4 Previous Next 52 Replies Latest reply: Jan 6, 2013 3:20 PM by The_Shift Go to original post RSS
      • 10. Re: Many people will NEVER get to use the highest kill streaks....
        bkblazer

Well, there are players that seem to be able to call them in somewhat regularly. I guarantee they rack up lots of kills more often than the enemy deading the killstreak. For some players, no matter what the game mode, their only objective is to get high end killstreaks for their k/d. Certainly not the way I like to play.

• 11. Re: Many people will NEVER get to use the highest kill streaks....

How often do you see swarm???   Legit, not from a care package?

Sure some people can get it i'm not saying its impossible...but it is VERY VERY VERY rare to see it unless you play with people who are EXTREMELY SKILLED or Pros...

• 12. Re: Many people will NEVER get to use the highest kill streaks....

Streaks reward cheap players for playing cheap. They should all just be airdropped in randomly for players to fight over.

• 13. Re: Many people will NEVER get to use the highest kill streaks....

can't agree with that....I do not see how skorestreaks corralate to camping....Maybe if they are super high up there like they are now sure some people will camp because they dont wanna get spawn killed by someone on thier 15th kill...

But if the score streaks were lower more people wouldn't mind running and gunning because there is less to lose.

It basic thinking like this that makes you say "WTF Treyarch"

• 14. Re: Many people will NEVER get to use the highest kill streaks....

If you haven't noticed the type of player that gets the highest rewards, then you haven't been playing this game long enough. Get shot in the back a couple times by someone in a random corner, next thing you know there's a loadstar in the air because they did it to your whole team (not from the same corner of course).

• 15. Re: Many people will NEVER get to use the highest kill streaks....

I'm not sure if I even understand what you said there?  Do you speak english?

Ingeresh?

• 16. Re: Many people will NEVER get to use the highest kill streaks....

They are called Scorestreaks, not kill streaks.  I've gotten a Stealth Chopper with 4 kills in Domination by running UAV/CUAV/Stealth Chopper. Let's do some math here.  Hardline increases scores on kills by 20%, objective by 25%.

That means with Hardline, Captures and capture kills are 250, kills are 120, kills of attackers/defenders on flags are 155.  First flag cap at begining of the round is 60.

First capture+Capture kill at B+capture flag=560.  You are a little more than half way to Stealth Chopper.

Add in two kills on the way to their flag, you are now at 900.  You know have a UAV and CUAV.  Throw them up.  They will contribute a combined +20 (before HL) per kill.

Capture their flag, you are now at 1150 or if you want, kill shoot someone and you'll be at 1020.  If your team kills a grand total of 4 people during the UAV/CUAV, you have a stealth chopper.

If there is a problem with SCORESTREAKS, its that they are too easy to get.  With Hardline, VSAT is 6 kills and 7 confirms in kill confirmed.  How many Bloodthirsty medals do you have?  That's only one kill and two confirms from it.  If you have enough to say, yeah I can get a bloodthirsty every couple games, just run VSAT/EMP/SWARM.  You will get a Swarm, VSAT/EMP score bonus will ensure that it happens as long as you don't go running out into traffic after getting your VSAT.

They should have never had allowed score streak scores to contribute to score streaks.  Since I started running Stealth Chopper, I've had three of them kill so many people that I got another Stealth Chopper for free.

• 17. Re: Many people will NEVER get to use the highest kill streaks....

what about the people who play TDM?

• 18. Re: Many people will NEVER get to use the highest kill streaks....

You don't want to see anything above VSAT in TDM, the game would end pretty much immediately after it happened with a crushing victory for the team the guy who got it was on.  Hell, you don't want Stealth Choppers, either.

In Kill Confirmed that stuff is fine because you don't win unless you get the Dog Tags, so the random kills from the higher end Kill Streaks usually end up contributing the to score of the other team as they collect their own teammates dog tags.  I couldn't imagine even wanting to see that stuff in TDM.

If you want to play with the power tools of the game, it's pretty easy, load up Kill Confirmed.  It's like TDM, but with Scorestreaks.

• 19. Re: Many people will NEVER get to use the highest kill streaks....
                          SitRepPro

TDM could probably do with either increasing the score for a kill to 125 or make the points limit higher.  Hardpoint is a really good game mode to run high end scorestreaks.  You could just capture the hardpoint, let the enemy take it off you, kill him and recapture the hardpoint over and over again.

For TDM a Stealth Chopper is a fine choice.  I wouldn't want too much emphasis on streaks though unless there are great ways to deal with them at lower level unlocks or the default class.

1 2 3 4 Previous Next