I agree with all of your top five. Although unfortunaltley you can't stop any of them. I will only add that there are to many head glitch spots. I have learned how to aim a bit better because of them and I have used them from time to time myself...so sixes on that one.
Nothing I can think of adding at the time. As it sits, there is to much in the game already that I haven't even used. Lol.
more often than not you are disconnected by some cry-baby who doesn't want the loss on his record or is throwing a giant fit. I used to have a friend with a lag switch and I refused to play anything online with him because I think that's incredibally childish.
I actually do hate the fact that the game has been glitched more than it's previous titles. Maybe there are more mods out in this day of age, but I use to blast IW for their lack of security measures, but so far MW3 has been more secure then Blops2.
I still have friends who did prestige glitches that have not been reset, and it's funny...I think they could do more, but currently aren't showing it.
Lets see, things I absolutely HATE about the game...
1) Being placed in lopsided games that are almost over.
2) Being matched with foreigners in laggy games.
3) Being matched with troublemaking players over and over again (no avoid player feature on PC)
4) Having a stealth "ghost" perk that is completely useless for anyone except run n gun players.
5) Being matched up with randoms against parties.
What I'd like to see added to solve each problem...
1) The ability to choose what game you join from a list (or browser) and see map, players, score, ping, etc.
2) ^^ #1 plus ping restriction limits to prevent players from joining, or staying in games with high ping.
3) ^^^#1 again, the ability to choose what game to join is a desperately needed feature.
4) Make "ghost" like it was in CoD4 (only hides from UAV type streaks) and add in an "anti camper" feature that makes players who sit in one spot for too long put their weapon away.
5) The only thing that can solve this is the ability to choose what game to join.
Currently the only solution for most of these problems is to back out and retry the matchmaking process all over again.
1) Thrown in a lopsided game = only option is to back out and try again.
2) Thrown in with foreigners in laggy games = only option is to back out and try again.
3) Thrown in with troublemakers repeatedly = only option is to back out and try again.
4) Ghost is useless = Now instead of stealthily moving about the map, only option is to switch tactics to run n gun sprayer, or hardcore camper. (I have become a supremely hardcore camper as a result)
5) Thrown in with randoms against parties = only option is to back out and try again. After all party vs randoms = party wins through sheer teamwork 99% of the time (unless they just suck balls at FPS games)
Things i hate:
2. Lag Comp
3. Hit Detection
5. Target Finders and Select Fire and Laser Sight (smgs only)
6. All small CQC maps
Things i would like to see added:
1. Better lag comp
2. better hit Detection
3. Better Matchmaking
4. Untill 1 - 3 are added/fixed, i wouldnt change a thing because it will be a whole different game!
Things i like:
1. Pick 10
2. Score streaks
3. No FINAL STAND!
4. Carrier, Raid, and Express
5. No Death streaks or Support Streaks
6. No Motion Sensors/Portable Radar
7. DSR & iron sight Ballista
8. probably more but i think 7 is enough to make my point.
what i dislike:
- them noobs saying other stuff is noobier because they dont know how to use it/counter it
what i would like to be added:
- a free map on every DLC, free for everyone, like, free firing range 2025, etc
- a sniper only playlist, would be fun go in there one in a while.
- infected, it was so much fun :l , some of the maps in game are very cool for infected, also, imagine nuketown 2025 infected!
- community playlist
2. Shotguns (R870 and KSG only).
5. Getting killed by players I know I am better than while close to my high scorestreaks. Worse players should never be able to kill a better play unless they make an absoultely horrible mistake.
Sorry not sure how PS3 works.. but on xbox you can go into parties so you can talk to friends (who are not in the same lobby or even game) rather than talking to the randoms in the lobby. So if you didnt want to talk to anyone you could just go into a party alone and would only hear game sound. But i understand your pain i play alot of SnD so i have to continually mute everyone
1) hit detection is very bad - The standard of quality is worse then what we had 10 years ago (pc).
2) maps are mostly small mazes - get some good competitive players to design your maps.
3) Snipers can shoot when not completely ads - snipers are more like ww2 rifles when not ads.
4) common scorestreak for all classes - each class slot needs a scorestreak option.
5) pick 10 feels a bit restrictive to me in certain classes - add pro versions to the perks or dont include wildcards in the 10?
I do miss having scorestreaks per class.. i completely forgot about that from MW3! but with the pick 10 you can make your standard class or by sacrificing points you can make it really different with the wildcard. i like that because if wildcard wasnt there you would have players with 10 perks and a knife or something stupid like that... at least they are restricted to 6
could you imagine.. LW, Hardling, Ghost, Blindeye, CB, ExC, DS, AW, Eng, and Det, with a combat knife. im sure some ppl would love that but it would be worse than the agent who signed Nsync
Things I Hate :
1 - Host Migration/Disconnections
2 - Sound Effects. (Not Footsteps, general in game sound)
Thinks I'd Like to see added :
1 - Mini map, to be part of the pick ten system.
2 - The ability to equip FMJ and the MMS.
3 - Introduce a Clan playlist for Elite competitions, stop them stomping on my random teammates.
4 - Larger maps.
Lots of good comments here, let's hope 3arc are listening?
Top 5 fails
1. Lag compensation/hit detection (obviously)
2. Highjacked - this is, by far, the worst map in CoD history. It's pitiful! And every time it appears, all the kids want to play it again because they can get kills on it. Horrible map. Remove, apologise and move on.
3. Map layout - all maps with the exception of Standoff and Yemen are far too basic in their design. This is where you camp, this is where you snipe from, go this way with an smg/shotgun, this way with an assault/lmg. Better map design would lead to more varied playstyles.
4. Prestige awards - all the talk pre release was of ways to encourage players to prestige. After the first prestige, we get extra challenges. Fair enough. After that...Unlock your extra 5 custom classes then nothing. How about a new playlist for Prestige 5 and upwards only (ie players will be better by then)? How about new character models? Male and female, as there is a lot more girls playing now. Make them customisable. Master prestige camo. Really, there is so many things they could do.
5. The removal of dedicated scorestreaks for each create a class slot - one of the better ideas to come out of MW3. Why is it not here? If I'm running a silenced smg with Scavenger, Ghost etc. then I'm going for the top scorestreaks. If I'm running with a pistol, then, not so much. For example, If I go into a game and the opposition is calling in VSAT after VSAT, then I need EMP or at least Counter UAV. If I have neither selected, then we're screwed. It wouldn't be game breaking to allow me the option of switching to a class that has either of these equipted?
Top 5 Wins
1. Pick 10 sytem - great idea which adds an RPG element to the game. Could do even more with it.
2. No weapon reset on prestige.
3. Scorestreaks replacing killstreaks - Toyed with in MW3 and improved in this game. Still has some ways to go though. Awarding me 25 points for a teammate saving (stealing) my tag is not the greatest idea. Think Activision is so scared to change too much at once incase it loses customers.
4. Challenges - I always go for challenges and reward cards in CoD. Nice to see some variety rather than the copy and paste approach of IW.
5. Range of attachments, lethals and tacticals.
1. FMG9 power pistols. ( a 9mm shouldn't be able to outgun any damn thing let alone an AR or SMG)
2. the miniature LMG called the PDW. ( badly needs a damage nerf or RoF nerf)
3. these maps
4. SMGs are to powerful and need a damage nerf in general so everything else can compete.
5. skill based match making and lag comp, combination = major rage face.
the good stuff
1. decent weapon balance no 1 weapon everybody tryhard, scrub, and noob seem to flock too. ( PDW seems to be going there at a fast rate)
2. prestige doesn't reset, but all the good stuff is way to late.
1. That treyarch changed ctf so that you can always see the flag carrier.
2. The spawning system.
3. The cluttered maps.
4. The smgs and the associated hip firing/ laser sight.
5. Quick scoping. I prefer bo1 for using sniper rifles.
5a. Lag/lag comp. The game is unplayable for me. I've gone back to playing the other cod titles.
5b. Zombie leader boards and being forced to play with public players.
1. Pick 10. I thought is was really innovative.
Effing iPad and my hotdog fingers!
Things I like cont....
2. Iron sight ballista, even though it seems like a two shot kill for me.
3. Kill streak scoring system.
4. Zombie map size.
5. ?? I can't think of anything else.
Shoot.... I'm tired and didn't read the title of the thread properly.
I'd like to see...
1. More iron sights for bolt action sniper rifles.
2. More semi automatic assault rifles. I love the m14 in bo1.
3. Keep the flag hidden in ctf!
4. Larger maps and better spawn points.
5. Much more recoil when hip firing! I bet there are games that go by where some players don't even use their LT.
Hate is an ugly word, but I have a few things that I don't like and some of them are more about the community than the game itself.
1 Split Screeners, Kinect Kids, Kids in general.
2 Quickscopers and Trickshooters (Not so bad as I don't see them in TDM) (Again kids in general).
3 A lobby full of 2 bars and a host who lives at the North Pole. (Lagggy games in general)
4 No UK only local search function.
5 Host Migrates and Disconnects.
Things I would like to see added.
1 Sniper and No Sniper mosh pits.
2 Large maps.
3 Drivable/Flyable Vehicles.
4 UK Only lobbies.
5 Spawn overhall.
1: Whatever causes my hits to miss and an absurd delay -- EVEN WHEN I AM HOST
2: M8 >> SWAT556 > SCAR-H -- WHY?????
3: SVU -- Nobody used the Dragunov in Black Ops 1, so repeat the same mistake??
4: Burst fire and automatic pistols are way better than primaries
5: SMR fires too slowly.
1: Maps that are not so bloody cluttered and contrieved.
2: Hit detection when I have a good connection or am hosting
3: Footstep sounds
1. Target Finder
2. Too many head glitch spots
3. Poor footstep sound effects
4. Theater not recording properly
Things I would like to see added:
1. Decoy Grenade
2. More audible footstep sound effects
3. Customizable Character model or more variations of the ones we have...seeing the whole enemy team as the same bald smg toting dude really bugs me.
4. A quicker way to like/dislike emblems from the lobby
5. More gore/dismemberment...atleast we don't explode in a hail of cash anymore
6. Select Fire being standard for all weapons instead of an attachment..perhaps unlocked as a customizable option like camo when you Max Prestige 2 the gun.
I purposely did not address lag, lag comp or hit detection.
1)The terrible spawn system.
2)Snipers. I hate emptying a load of bullets into them and then they get off one shot and kill me.
3)All the head glitching spots that i'm pretty sure have been put in on purpose.
5)The camping aids in the game. Target finder and MMS mainly.
Things i'd like adding:
1)A new spawn system that works!
2)Make sniping difficult like in Blops 1.
1. Not being able to search for lobbies by country.
2. I shouldn't be highlighted on enemy screens when I'm carrying the flag in CTF. It prolongs games needlessly and helps players who aren't paying attention to stay in the game.
3. Headglitching spots.
1. Maps that promote marksmanship so longer clear lines of sight as bigger maps alone don't necessarily mean much, e.g. Bakaara in MW3.
2. Some vehicle action but not to the extent we get vehicle whoring like in BF3.
3. Possibly bring back War.
4. Decoy grenade to throw off red dot hunters.
5. Chemical, biological and nuclear weapons because I'm a bad ass. Depleted uranium shells were said to be used in Iraq so...
1. Map layout in terms of cover/headglitch spots and lots and lots of corners.
2. No spawn protection against scorestreaks and explosives.
3. Young children, the game is not ment to be played by them.
4. Spawn system in combination with spawn trapping.
5. The fact I cannot choose scorestreaks per class.
6. pesonal interest: less tryhards. more having fun with the game.
Would I would like to see added?
1. Customizable character, this was promised. There would be ways to make the character unique.
2. More open maps.
3. Spawn protection against scorestreaks and explosives.
4. Buffs and nerfs in some perks.
5. Like/dislike emblem should be easier to do. One minute in a lobby is not long enough most of the times because it needs to load up everything when trying to get to someones emblem.
6. Bonus! personal interest: Barrett .50 cal altough people would complain a lot more about sniping if this bad boy came back
Yeah that would indeed be the problem.
To bad a lot of players always used it that way.
I just like the look of the barrett. In MW3 it looked very cool in gold because it was a bit more yellowish with the scope being a bit blue/purpleish.
Looked great. But I know it would be a complete disaster.
Things i dont like
1) Although this doesnt affect me now as im a prestige master it drove me nutz every prestige... , once you unlock all your custom classes, if you prestige and reach level 4 in a game and die you lose all the preset classes and have to play the rest of the match with the random classes
2) that stupid spam shot sniper rifle, every game all you can hear is tik tik tik tik tik tik
3) everyone suffers this.. when you see "NEW" in the calling cards or emblem and then cant find the "new" thing
4) lack of hc modes
5) plaza absolutely hate this map,, not really sure why it just doesnt gel with me think its the color sceme reminds me of halo
Things i'd change
1) add a wildcard to have two secondaries and no primary
2) change wording of search preferences so people understand what they actually are
3) a check in game that if you have a sniper rifle and jump off anything and spin round you get auto banned for a week
4) different challanges for gold camo , gets repeatative doing same challanges each gun in same class
5) dev/ community thread like we had with iw on mw3
5 things I hate
2) lag comp
4) objective kill whores
5) spawn killing/trapping
5 things Id like added
2) portable radar
3) spawn immunity from killstreaks
4) better spawns
5) bigger maps and maybe firing range if it's free
1. Lag ,the worst game yet
2. No Sound Whoring
3. Skill-based matchmaking ,its ok sometimes but I don't want a sweat Fest EVERY game !
4. How I ALWAYS fire first(on target) and die first ?? Happens nearly every game !
5. Cheaters ,amount of glitches etc already in this game
I know it ment to be 5 but also headglitching spots every 2 meters !
1. Pick ten system
2. Gun balance
3. Sniping (think they've done a good job balancing it) DSR no more hit markers :)
No HC spawn timer
Not enough recoil on most guns
would like to see
yeah, customizable character would have been great. To bad we didn't get that. I love seeing my gun that doesn't have a pistol carring one on his leg.
Issues and problems resolved
1.lag comp/ smoothing code
2.lag comp/ smoothing code
3. ok, spawn system
4.lag comp/ smothing code
5..... you get the picture.... lag...
The reason I picked lag comp is because it affects so many other things in the game. until it's fixed it's hard to judge some of the other issues like hit detection etc.
things I would like to see added.
1. large open maps like bog from cod4
2. A little buff to the AR's
3. custom scorestreaks
5. the custom character models from blops1
Things I hate? Only 1 thing: other players.
But specificaly these players:
- Quitters: unless you have lag issues, your house is on fire or your girlfriend stands naked in front of you, have the decency to finish the match even if you lose.
- Dummies: duh I don't know how to play objective games, I thought all these games were just a variation on FFA with shiny flags and things that go boom.
In my book a good player is the one who goes for the objectives. I don't care if he is a slayer, a rusher or a camper as long as he contributes to the W/L, I am satisfied.
> Shotguns with teh same range as an assault rifle.
... hmm have you actually used any of the shotguns recently? Apart from the KSG, they're all laughbly UNDER-powered. The range and damage on them is pathetic, even by COD's standards.
1. Weapon imbalance, yet again. MSMC and PDW **** every other gun in the game.
3. Horrible MW3 clusterfuck high traffic map design.
4. hit detection and lag comp.
5. Quick scoping is ridiculously easy.
1. Footstep sounds
2. The sound Mix of the entire game is crap
4. A game that caters to the lowest common denominator which is hyper active chaotic thoughtless game play.
6. Activision monopolization
This is a 3rd string game for me anymore down from 1st starting at COD 4. I will not buy DLC for the first time. Why should I pay for more frustration.
1. SMG's rate of fire/range.
2. Matchmaking(getting in a lobby against a full party).
3. KSG's range when ADS.
1. Remake of Firing Range or Summit from BO1(DLC map).
To be honest I really like Black Ops 2 and there is almost nothing i hate about it
I rarely experience lag because of my awesome internet connection and then knifing system if fine imo. The Ghost perk can be anoying but it's not like it was in BO1. And the spawns will never be perfect so deal with it, the maps a great, waaaay better then MW3's.
Overall i love Black Ops 2 and to me it's the best COD game sence COD4/BO1.
Have a good day!