They put it in the game cause they are catering to the little kids who are gonna get their parents to buy this game. Us CoD vets know that it is nothing more than a noob device and that this game is horrible. Ghost is ruined, noob scopes, real hardcore ruined, man I could go on and on but the verdict is in, this game sucks and the original Black Ops is way better. Treyarch ruined this game big time cause they cater to the run and gunners and there is NO strategy left in this game. Dont believe me? Have fun having to "move" when a UAV goes up but it don't work really. I have tested this so many times and the second you stop sprinting you're dead cause they see you. Sad.
They're are so many noob issues in previous CODs you could argue:
1. Predator Missile in MW2 and MW3 and yet they chain kills in both games.
Make lethal killstreaks start from 7 kills or something.
2. MP40 in WaW
3. ACR in MW3
4. Danger Close in MW2
5. Famas in BO1.
6. Emergency Airdrop in MW2 after 8 kills giving 4 care packages.
7. SRP being available in S&D in MW3.
8. Assassin Pro taking 10 minutes to unlock and countering a billion things including Marksman at base level, which forces snipers to question whether Marksman is a valid choice, along with LMG users like myself but on different reasons.
9. Quickscoping being made stupidly easy in MW3. This was more of an issue of gun balance than catering for "noobs" but it could mean that "lesser" QSers can do jsut as well in this game than previous ones.
So why you mention this now I don't know.