35 Replies Latest reply: Dec 10, 2012 6:01 AM by jeepchick RSS

Official Protest for Hardcore

Official Protest for Hardcore . Bring back respawn delay. One way to do this is to protest. Dont buy the DLC untill they change HCTDM back. No DLC no money.... Then they will listen to us.

• Re: Official Protest for Hardcore

I agree 1000000000%. Hardcore Team Deathmatch is like Coke. You don't change something classic!! For those who want a faster paced hardcore game play HC Kill Confirmed!! Yes it's a nice change of pace but leave the classic alone!! RIP Hardcore!

They did listen to us. We asked them to remove the timer and they did. See Hardcore Modes thread.

If they wanted our opinion they would have asked us on the message of the day section of the game, not here. Have fun with your non hardcore game now, I'm moving on

maccabi

Ghost_Squad7678 wrote:

If they wanted our opinion they would have asked us on the message of the day section of the game, not here. Have fun with your non hardcore game now, I'm moving on

Actually the timer thing vahn asked for feedback on twitter.

No one likes change, not everyone is happy when somethigns changed, but theres been no drop in tmd player counts in fact its gone up slightly , theres now around 12k playing hckc so one would think the tdm numbers would have dropped off tdm for that to happen but they havent.

meaning the changes have bought more people into the hc playlists which overall is better for us and the game.

Also your protest isnt "official" its just one of many posts already there really no need for another one on the same subject.

Again, not all of us have a Twitter account so why on earth do you think the hardcore community got a fair say in the deal? Ya I'm happy they added HC KC but if they really wanted the opinion of us cod vets then why didn't they post the question to us on the game? The timer was a valid part of hardcore and if you didn't want to play with the timer then hc kc was the solution. Why speed up the game? We play hardcore because it is different than core. Core is just a big chaotic cluster you know what and now the real hardcore mode has been violated. I don't care who you are, the real hardcore community doesn't like this change. This game has been exposed for the fraud that it is. Shame on you guys!

maccabi

Ghost_Squad7678 wrote:

Again, not all of us have a Twitter account so why on earth do you think the hardcore community got a fair say in the deal? Ya I'm happy they added HC KC but if they really wanted the opinion of us cod vets then why didn't they post the question to us on the game? The timer was a valid part of hardcore and if you didn't want to play with the timer then hc kc was the solution. Why speed up the game? We play hardcore because it is different than core. Core is just a big chaotic cluster you know what and now the real hardcore mode has been violated. I don't care who you are, the real hardcore community doesn't like this change. This game has been exposed for the fraud that it is. Shame on you guys!

First i do completely agree with you about putting a message in game, i did ask treyarch too..

Secondly vahn has 1/4 million followers on twitter, thats alot more people than have ever used the forums its a quick and good way for the devs to ask a question to the most people.

There really isnt any reason not use twitter, seeing as its the main form of direct communication with the devs it seems counter productive not to spend a few mins to make an account and follow the devs , it actually takes less time than registering for the forum.

But finally you're posting your opinions thats all, given the numbers playing and the feedback vahn got about the timers, the majority seem to be happy or wanted it.

The fact theres a few people on here complaining isnt an indication thats the move was wrong people only usually come to the forums to complain not to praise.

You keep referencing twitter, give me some numbers on how many people responded and what ya/na was?  When I look at the twitter feed it looks like 250 people commented, some of which had nothing to do with the question posed.  I'm no twitter expert though, so perhaps I was looking at something incorrectly.

Also, as I keep saying, just because people are playing it doesn't mean they like it.  That slow game pace was the only place we could find a gamestyle that speed.  Now it is just like all the rest.

Another serious thing to consider, as you age, your reflexs diminish, HCTDM was a great place for the 35-50 crowd.  Mature, likes to communicate and the pace fits with their eyes and hands cand handle.

Maccabi you need to look behind the numbers, get in their and ask player feedback.  I just played with some more friends that I haven't spoken to since the change, guess what, they hate it.

Send me a request, lets get into some game action together and ask for feeback.  I'll go away if we find most people like it.

IIII GWS IIII

ghosthound

The respawn timer has always frustrated me - ever since Cod4.

However, HC Hardpoint would have been better than HC KC.

I've played Hardcore and Core since COD4 and I like the removal of the respawn delay.  Since they've removed it, I haven't had a TDM game go to the time limit.  Also, it feels like people are less afraid to die knowing they won't have to wait 13 seconds to respawn. 

ARMYSAPPER

I for one like the change. The spawns are a little screwed up but I can deal with that. We all begged for KC and no respawn timers. When we were asked what we thought about the idea from Vahn, we all said it would be great. If you are complaining now you should have voiced your opion when he asked. They didn't have to do anything for us and I am thankful they listened and gave us something.

jeepchick

I understand your frustrations, but we have had many of these threads. Please contribute to those which are attempting to find solutions to common issues if you can and please search before posting.

Claire JeepChick
                              Treyarch Moderator