19 Replies Latest reply: Dec 8, 2012 12:39 AM by ChestSplittah RSS

Patch 1.04 REVIEW

So I have had the chance to get several hours in on the new patch. Here is my experinces so far.

Lag:

It still Lags(i suppose thats life)

Spawns:

They dont seem any better, Got traped on express as usual. also died many times from enemies that spawned behind me. Is it just me or does it seem like there are only 3 maps in rotation. I feel I play the same maps unendingly.

There wasnt alot of uavs being called in. That extra kill to get them must be to hard for people. Also that 750ms added to lightning strike was just enough time to take 2 steps before it hit me.(Im actually glad they didnt nerf this thing to the point everyone could run for cover)

Smgs are still the #1 gun used, and seem just as deadly shot from the hip.

It is harder to get longer range kills with autofire on the fal. Sniper advantage+1

Bouncing bettys are easyily aviodable, not that the wernt before but now you can actually finish killing someone and then drop. I think these have just been nerfed out of exsitance.

Got droped by the b23r and kap just as much as ever, even when I had 2 hits on them befor they even fired. Also got knifed while i was shooting oppenent in the face. So knifing is still stronger than guns.

Saw a turret kill someone behind a wall, thats new.

Still have 8000 things poping up dead center on my screen while tryng to aim. Seriously I could car less if my buddy throws a betty infront of me and then dies I still dont want to use his weapon, Add a few kills in the mix and  omni present flag icons and you cant see just long enough to be killed. (Seriously this is probally my biggest complaint, I find it odd that im the only one that is annoyed by this.

Oh i also played a few games of HC KC its pretty much like regualar KC but every one dies with one bullet instead of just me.

awarness perk still does nothing.

Also saw a guy on my team go 84-0 I bet hes lovin the patch.

• Re: Patch 1.04 REVIEW

They improved the matchmaking, its not lagging so much anymore .

Jaggajatt187

Yep, I didn't notice much of a change. I get into more lobbies with majority 4 bars now, but the lags still present. I'm seeing the Vector and MP7 more since they weren't nerfed in terms of recoil. Pistols are still crazy. I think most people got used to the Betty's so now that they got nerfed they're absolutely useless.

The FAL to me feels off. I've always loved semi-auto guns in all CoD's but the gun doesn't respond to my trigger presses or the hit registration is off. With select fire I can 2 shot kill people but on semi-auto I just get massive hitmarker's.

Izjar11

Good post Jeff

Spawns:

They dont seem any better, Got traped on express as usual. also died many times from enemies that spawned behind me. Is it just me or does it seem like there are only 3 maps in rotation. I feel I play the same maps unendingly.

This is a bad thing, I cringed that this was not improved! D-m it!

It is harder to get longer range kills with autofire on the fal. Sniper advantage+1         

This is a fair balanced thing (even though I use the select fire FAL) I'm cool with that.

Bouncing bettys are easyily aviodable, not that the wernt before but now you can actually finish killing someone and then drop. I think these have just been nerfed out of exsitance.

Ehhh another thing not to worry about while chasing people.

I actually agree with you on the"hold square/X for weapon". that is so irritating, I think they should make that not show up if you're ADS. because that's the only time when it's really annoying.

Jackal235

Are the Devs the same idiots from Sledgehammer games who made MW3?

It certainly looks this way.

I live in Canada and after the patch I'm an "honorable" host to spanish lobbies, same as in MW3.

With the extra hosting lag and the 3000 miles distance to players you can imagine the lag.

Nerfing the guns?? Why the f... to do that?? I used my prestige token to unlock FAL and now it's a waste.

Why don't you just give one f... single gun as a only choice to everybody, so the kids won't cry about overpowered weapons. MORONS!!!!

I must admit that i feel a difference in LAG, i had a few normal matches - it is obvious that they did something with matchmaking - but still could have done it better

The difference in SMGs is visible, i hope they will keep it that way and never nerf again; am tempted to try more stuff with rapid fire though - to see if i can get some edge back...

Nice that snipers dont kill you with hipfire, but the pistils are still to strong - in my oppinion the only thing of all weapons that needs nerfing...

StealthBlade98

Can anyone give me any information for those who was experiencing console shutdown while playing black ops 2. I'm going to assume this doesn't fix this at all?

I just installed the patch a few hours ago, and well the screens are freezing here and there. And now I do NOT have the option to invite players to parties. I press triangle and it only says view invites.

I click on the players name it say to join session only.

I never had this problem before, but now I do. I just reinstalled the patch and texture and still I am having this problem.

"

Oh i also played a few games of HC KC its pretty much like regualar KC but every one dies with one bullet instead of just me.

"

Yup.. they do.. So now, if I'm able to flank an enemy & start shooting - they actually DIE - yay !! In Core modes - it was like 50/50 - sometimes they'd die - but other times they'll slowly turn around (& i'd have almost empited out the clip, getting multiple hit-markers) and take me out with 1 or 2 shots.

MN

The only differences I noticed post-patch:

• It now has time to finish saying "Enemy Lightning Strike incoming" before you die from it, but there's still not enough time to evade one.
                            • It's slightly more difficult to get kills beyond mid-range with the PDW now, but I didn't notice any difference at close range or when hip-firing in CQC.

UAVs are still very common and very easy to earn (at least in Domination games), I didn't notice any change (better or worse) in the overall lag issue, and I didn't notice any difference in the spawning either.  In fact, I had four enemies spawn directly in front of me when I was trying to run through their flag area at one point, which kind of sucked for me.

I didn't use any of the other weapons which were nerfed/buffed in the patch, so don't know with them.

I got in some gameplay with the MTAR tonight, which allegedly was changed so that aim assist works the same as on other assault rifles (I didn't realize it was different before)...couldn't see any difference in performance vs. what I remembered from pre-patch.  I had been focused almost entirely on the SCAR-H for the last prestige, though, so it had been a while since I used the MTAR.

Overall the game doesn't really feel different at all.

But they fail to deliver a solution to the main problem-FREEZING! I wander if they are actually blind (because they can't read that PS3s STILL freeze), or plain stupid (not doing a simple damn thing about it, eventhough they know about it).

Since the new patch it's been great for me.

I had enough issues from freezing on the load screen at "awaiting textures" to huge lag issues but now it's gone. i have done about 7 hours of play on the new patch and both my k/d and killstreaks are way up.

I have been on this forum moaning that this game was the end of COD for me but hey, they seem to have fixed it! Last four games were 25/6, 27/2, 21/9 and 21/6. There have been a few uggo's in there but that was my bad play.

Yep, I'm happy again.

Izjar11

Ive played about ten matches (TDM) in public and league and the latency is worse than before! The game for me is incredibly difficult to maneuver, to get decent kills.

Sucks..............

LOL    Infinity Ward =  The developers to stand in line for COD because its worth it. IF is by far the elite developer for COD.  Treyarch is the innovator reaching for goals and changes, but they fail as programmers to deliver the experience they are imagining.

BlackOps 1   was a pure example of this. Modern Warfare, Modernwarfare 2  ABSOLUTELY KICKED ASS!  Shooting was tight, aiming was tight, shooting acrossed the screen absolutely pin point tight. Ive shot at people on BO, and BO2 and had a whole lot of WTF moments!

When Treyarch puts out a Call of Duty there will be very little ********!  It will be a quality product instead of submitting an incompleted game, and patching up the failures later.

Blackops 2 hopefully is the last release of COD series before nextgen PS4(Orbis) releases. If Battlefield starts incorporating weapon leveling, stats, smaller maps etcetera.... it might very well be the game to have!  For now battlefield fails to feed that quick adrenaline need that COD provides, but COD is getting stale as ever these day. I however personally.... I really like BO 2. I have no complaints other than there is more tweaking and so forth to be done. Its going to take a bit more time thats all.  For now sit back, and enjoy and take advantage of what imbalances you may find until they get fixed.

tedge

I had another freeze while editing my player card

Lag and spawns have not improved at all. Not even a little

Keep getting separated from parties

TennisEnnis18

This patch is really good, I was afraid it was going to ruin the game. (Let's not forget the horrible 1.04 patch on BO1)

Instead of being the one getting killed by 2 shots, I now seem to be the one killing in 2 shots. I like it.

I still think the lightning strike needs to be delayed by another .5 seconds though...

ChestSplittah

I agree about the bettys. I just started using them really. Now they seem useless to me. Factor in if someone is lagging bad.