10 Replies Latest reply: Nov 26, 2012 12:47 PM by CHIEFSHAKAZULU RSS

Boycott

Should we organize a boycott and if we did, would it be effective?

• Re: Boycott
          WolfRidge

If the game continues like this for much longer, You wont need a boycott!

Half my friends list have given up already!

That's 30(ish) people!!

Probably not unfortunately. Only seems to be a small number that are affected by the online issues. Best thing to do is return the game if you can and wait for the patches

rlbl

Not putting any more $$$ into the series is the only effective boycott, and that is a small drop in the hat.

(I was playing last night and over 600K people were online... how many of them do you think are on the forums)

Everyone has their own personal reasons for liking or disliking the game(s), but I can guarantee you that organizing a boycott is fruitless.

I (personally) am undecided.  I like the game, but we shall see if/when it becomes consistently playable.  I was very upset with the last installment and sold it early. I for one, am leaning on this being my last (for at least a couple of years)

rlbl wrote:

Not putting any more $$$ into the series is the only effective boycott, and that is a small drop in the hat.

(I was playing last night and over 600K people were online... how many of them do you think are on the forums)

Everyone has their own personal reasons for liking or disliking the game(s), but I can guarantee you that organizing a boycott is fruitless.

I (personally) am undecided.  I like the game, but we shall see if/when it becomes consistently playable.  I was very upset with the last installment and sold it early. I for one, am leaning on this being my last (for at least a couple of years)

Imo, it dosent have to be just the forum members. If we organize this properly (facebook, twitter etc) and it catches on, it will go viral. Im sure some cod fans write articles for websites and news papers etc. they would eventually start wrtiting articles about it. and thats when the real damage will start to happen imo, from treyfags perspective

if this makes sense

COD is coming to an end anyway. Hopefully Respawn Entertainment come out with a good new series!

Thesandman

To answer the OP question..........No a boycott will not work..reason? You have already bought and paid hard earned £££/$$$ so activision do not need to do anything else for you.