There is a growing rumour that the public lobbies have a skill based factor while matchmaking. My experiences so far would tend to agree with this as I am constantly placed in lobbies with parties and high prestigers. Here are my concerns:
1. I like to play COD for fun - fun for me is a mix of tough matches where it is a huge fight for victory and other matches where you are able to dominate, achieve high killstreaks and feel good about yourself. Currently I only experience the former and this is resulting in a lack of enjoyment.
2. If I wanted to experience tough competition and evenly matched gameplay all the time I would use the league play feature - why have skill-based public lobbies when you have this playlist?
3. With the current problems regarding lag/lag compensation, playing only very competent COD players results in insta-deaths - all the time. This is the worst combination I could imagine. The result is that only people with the benefit of the lag system and those who are excellent at the game actually get to enjoy the experience.
4. All of the above combined make it so difficult to play without Ghost. When I am on the UAV, I always lose my gunfights (this is Blops 2 specific as I have never struggled in this area before - I believe my lag issues are the biggest cause here)
5. UAV spamming - when the matches are so competitive, the killstreaks are damn hard to get, hence everyone uses the UAV. They are constant, and those who say 'shoot them down' have a point, but this is just completely ruining the flow of the game.
6. WingofRedemption likes the new system - It must be wrong (a man that plays behind a party, standing behind a shoulder high object with a target finder on an assault rifle should not be the type of person that this benefits!)
All of the above are causing my enjoyment to drop, to a point that I'm not looking forward to my evenings on the game. I've already had 2 friends get rid of the game and surely this will happen more and more often. The number of people online is already a shadow of the amount that used to be on back at Blops 1.
There may be people who disagree and say that people like me just can't handle playing decent players, but the fact is - I can handle it, I just don't enjoy it all the time. I want to be able to have fun and be rewarded with some high killstreaks in Public lobbies. I don't want to be forced to play COD in a single, 'accepted' way. The beauty of the game I fell in love with (COD4, MW2) was the variety of play styles and the randomness of the competition.
There is a benefit to the new system - new players have a gradual introduction. On the flips side however, most of the verterans at one point were the 'noobs' - I had my ass handed to me on COD4 and got better in time. For a basic reference (not an indication of skill) my k/d's are as follows: COD4 1.05, WAW 1.15, MW2 2.2, Blops1 2.6, MW3 3.35, Blops2 1.5 (I have been nerfed simply from the leveling out that is expected when playing against other decent players)
I am not sure who 3arc are listening to? just those with the loudest voices I guess. Most players are only playing for fun and all the changes that get made seem to move closer to competitive play. It is the same with the inclusion of a feature like theatre mode (from which I believe a lot of the lag is caused as it was intruduced in Blops 1 and connections have never been the same since) I'm not a 'Youtuber' and nor do I want to be one. If these 'budding fearcrads' are that serious they will buy the necessary equipment.
All in all, I miss my lobbies with split screen rank 1-30's! I really want some variety in challenge back in the game. I will be finished before Xmas if nothing changes. I hope that is not the case as COD has been my hobby for 5 years now.