Black Ops 2 overall is a great game in my opinion. Other than a few rather game breaking problems this has potential to be the best Call of Duty yet! It all depends on how treyarch reacts to complaints by the community. This is just my list of problems I've composed over the past few days of playing.
- LIMITED hardcore game modes. I am an avid hardcord player on Call of Duty. In CoD4 and W@W I played hours of hardcore search and destroy and headquarters. In Modern Warfare 2 I found myself distanced from hardcord especially with how easy it was to use grenade launchers with the perk one man army to obliterate anything that moved. In Black Ops I played hardcore demolition, and in Modern Warfare 3 I played Hardorce domination and kill confirmed. Black Ops 2 only offers CTF, TDM, S&D, and FFA for hardcore players. I'm not asking for all game modes to have a hardcore counterpart (although that would be nice!) Atleast one game mode without a respawn timer would be nice for us hardcore players to see.
- LAG COMPENSATION is almost as bad as MW3. I don't know what's to blame for this. Maybe your servers weren't made to handle an excess of 500,000 players at once. (I doubt that's the problem) Perhaps my connectivity suffers only when I play call of duty. (many others complain about lag compensation, so it can't be that either.) I know! Maybe it's the fact you pushed in a skill based match making system! That would explain the consistency problems. Pairing players up with people who are of their skill level and not by how good their connectivity to each other is.
- SKILL BASED MATCHMAKING is not the change call of duty needs. I, like many other players, don't stop playing a call of duty because they are bored of stomping bad players. It's the fact that after 3 months the problems in a game become unbearable along with the maps and weapons becoming repetitive. I don't want to be forced to either use the best classes or get stomped by someone who is using their best class. Not to mention the amount of full parties I run in to. Not to mention if you run solo your team mates all rage quit when they start losing leaving it 1 vs 6. If I wanted to play against good players I would play in LEAGUE PLAY.
- UAV SPAM is destroying any skill the game requires. The start of every game almost always dictates the outcome in Black Ops 2. The first team to get a UAV will cycle UAVs over and over until the game is over. Sure there are many counters to the UAV, but at what cost? If you can even find the UAV in the air you better hope someone hasn't already found you. The counters to the baby blackbird aren't effective enough to be deemed useful.
- GHOST NEEDS A BUFF in a game dominated by constant UAVs. In the first Black Ops ghost was a really powerful tool especially when used by those who liked to corner camp. In black ops 2 ghost has been changed so anyone who equips ghost most move forward to remain hidden on the mini map when a UAV is up. I believe any movement should keep you off the UAV while using ghost. Sure, campers can abuse it, but right now you can't even ADS without becoming a target on the mini map.
- TIP TOE SOLDIERS is the theme of future warfare. Using headsets to locate where someone is based off movement is a tool many call of duty players use to succeed. In the game right now you can hear trains, planes, dogs, explosions, soliders yelling, your own footsteps, guns, and anything else but other players. I feel this was done intentionally to nerf the use of headsets to locate enemies. However, this also nerfs the perks dead silence and awareness because no one can hear you and you can't hear any one. This leaves your 3rd perk slot down to 4 choices.
- SPECIAL GRENADES are a headache. Without tactical mask any special grenades thrown at you render you useless and in a Helen Keller state for about 5-7 seconds. Not to mention the constant abuse of shock charged bouncing betties to guarentee you die as soon as you turn in to the trap. Shock charges should either count as a lethal or be nerfed severly since it is a trigger based tactical grenade.
- LEADERBOARDS are based off of score per minute and not overall score. The majority of the leaderboards are filled with people who either boosted or played barely any of the game mode noticed their high spm and decided to leave the game mode alone to keep their rank high. I believe rank should be determind on who have the highest overall score for that game mode, strictly because it shows they enjoy and constantly play that game mode versus someone who played a few good games and left their spm at its peak.
- SPAWNS need to be tweaked soon. I've had more bad spawns in this game than in all previous games combined. I know Vahn said they would be continually collecting data on and assessing the spawn points and making adjustments as needed so hopefully there will be an update to address this sooner rather than later. (Point made by WKMMS.)
- SCORESTREAKS are difficult to get in a 75 kill limit TDM match. I'm a TDM player and all the good scorestreaks are 11 and above. It's not that easy being 11-0 with UAV Spam, Campers, and LAG. In Black Ops the highest was 11 and I always used BlackBird, Chopper Gunner, Dogs. In this game it's almost impossbile to get dogs. (Point made by redx165 A.K.A THE NOOB KILLER.)
- ZOMBIES survival mode is ruined. The TranZit mode is the only good mode they have. I just don't understand why they would ruin Survival?? They had the most practice with that gamemode. Too small maps, lava are over the place. They ruin Survival. (Point made by redx165 A.K.A THE NOOB KILLER.)
So that's why I'm not satisfied with Black Ops 2 right now. These are my opinions and are up for debate if you find one that you feel is currently fine. These complaints were made only after about 18 hrs of online play. If you have anything you believe should be added feel free to leave a reply and I'll be sure to look at it!