1 2 3 4 Previous Next 54 Replies Latest reply: Nov 21, 2012 4:55 PM by gambit1969 Go to original post RSS
      • 10. Re: why is it people are yelling at campers even more in black ops 2
        ghamorra

Because it's a cool thing to say to make them feel better for sucking at the game

• 11. Re: why is it people are yelling at campers even more in black ops 2

I get called a camper all the time cause i hold down and area and kill. Like in Cargo the rooms up top. Great advantage spot to kill from everywhere and hard for people to get in if you have the right perks. What i call campers are players that sit in blind corners and wait for you. Sit behind a object and have sites up waiting. UAV spam is dropping fast and its becoming easier for them to do what they do best hide.

• 12. Re: why is it people are yelling at campers even more in black ops 2

I actually see a rise in campers and have found myself camping a little more just for the simple fact that when a UAV goes up I know I now have 6 pairs of eyes looking at the mini map giving away my position as a red dot.  Worst thing to do is run around like a chicken with your head cut off when the enemy has a UAV in the air, they are just waiting for you to run around the corner watching your every move in the in mini map.  I think the not having Ghost until later rank is having reverse effect on camping because people will bunker down when they know the enemy has a UAV in the air, which in all honesty makes perfect sense.  Knowing where the enemy is has always been the number one advantage in any FPS game.  I have an anti air class as most people but when I die and the first thing I do when I spawn is lock on to UAV I die because it seems like the spawning isn't the best in this game.  It's too bad that counter UAV wasn't a little less in scorestreak points given the fact that ghost is so high up in rank now.

• 13. Re: why is it people are yelling at campers even more in black ops 2

More like the mere frustration caused by a **** sitting in the corner all game. Campers suck at the game, that's why they camp.

• 14. Re: why is it people are yelling at campers even more in black ops 2
                sennalike

I think you've hit the nail on the head, certainly for me.

I've always played domination and always played the objective, never that bothered about stats.  I'm still playing the objective but I feel, after many failed attempts, my game play is best suited to defending the first flag and leaving it at that for now.  As I get used to the maps and play style of BO2 I hope I will change and get more in to the game, but for now its play this way or go 5-30 every match.  Camping may be a little boring but it's more fun than going 5-30.  What is really strange to me though is I currently have a positive WLR which to me is an indication that this is perhaps the way to play the game.  I find this strange because many of us thought BO2 was anti-camping and pro R&G, but at the moment the campers (me included) are winning the battle in stats.  Still it's early days and plenty of time for this to all change.

• 15. Re: why is it people are yelling at campers even more in black ops 2

If it is just a game why do you camp as if you are scared to die? I can't imagine sitting in a corner is fun.

• 16. Re: why is it people are yelling at campers even more in black ops 2
                    TRU11

no ghost with how easy it is to get an uav and the fact that counter UAV is unlucked at level 28 or later makes it so that pretty much everyone just stop moving at 1 point lol.

also the lack of HQ modes have people  doing there best not to die.

if your team has an UAV you will most likely wait till an opponents comes near you and if the opponent has an UAV you will most likely take it out a few times but after dying to many times you will just wait till the come to you lol.

even ghost will not solve this problem as if your movement is limited you will be seen and if you just move enough you can lure people to where you want them.

also not helping is how easy an SMG can kill you with auto aim on and dying to much will have people just rather wait till the oppponent comes to get them.

• 17. Re: why is it people are yelling at campers even more in black ops 2

Best part about camping and area or holding down a spot it when UAV is up and you see 6 red dots coming to you cause they are getting pissed. All this does is increase my scorestreak even more. But what i have notice is there are less UAVs and more counter UAVs going out. Making me have to change my play style some. I always run with UAV as one of my score streaks and last night i was the only one on my team with it.

• 18. Re: why is it people are yelling at campers even more in black ops 2
                        sennalike

It's not a case of being "scared" to die, we all know it's a game and not real life.  But the objective is to win the match and it's kind of hard to do that if you are constantly respawning.

As for "sitting in a corner" and whether that is fun or not.  Most people who are "camping" aren't necessarily sitting in a corner, they are stratigically defending an area.  Sure there are corner campers but not as many as people make out.  But more importantly than that, who decides what is fun in anybodies eyes?  The person themselves.  I can guarantee there are a whole load of things in my life I like that you wouldn't and vice versa.

I really dont understand why people are so hung up on how others play the game.  If you dont like it then play something else.  Certainly dont expect people to change the way they play to make you happy, that is never going to happen.

• 19. Re: why is it people are yelling at campers even more in black ops 2

There is no "auto aim' in this game for flip sake!

Also, I love the fact UAV gets spammed, its an easy +75 pts towards my next score streak!

1 2 3 4 Previous Next