4 Replies Latest reply: Nov 17, 2012 8:31 PM by jliba12 RSS

The end of the road for the Wii and the rise of a new era.....

Padiego

That time has come. Millions of Wiis are probably crying as they get put in the attic along with gamecubes, PS1s, N64s, dreamcasts, and the atari jaguar(lol). The U will release at midnight today..that's right. The U. That's how the cool kids call it. Anyways, as millions of Wiis cry as they experience the last time they'll be turned on(possibly while this song plays in the background http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=e056R97svz8 ). we wait for the release of the U and feedback from the guinea pigs to see how it all works.

But let's rejoice...let's remember the story of the Wii. Share your stories my internet amigos, share the story of how you first got your wii, share the experience with the games and share the cookies.....seriously, don't hog the cookies, share them.

I'll start us off.....I got the wii around 2007-2008(my memory is starting to fail me SQUIRREL!). The first game I got for it was SSBB(along with Wii Sports Resort....hu, maybe it was 2008....i don't know...it was before reflex game came out, whenever that was). SSBB was great...I remember playing Super Smash bros on the N64 and falling in love with it, and later on playing Melee on gamecube and getting my as* handed to me by my friends who were way better at the game that me(nah, they cheated....they spammed god damn pikachu....freaking overpowered pikachu..). When Brawl came out...wow. It was awesome. Great game, I played it for hours and hours and hours. Wii sports resort was also awesome, but it was just a gimmick to sell the motion plus that few games used. After a while, I saw that CoD4 was released on wii. CoD4? Yeah i remember that game. Used to play it on PS3 all the time. Great game. Well, it had come out on wii and I got it....it was great. It was awesome. Now that I look back on it, I wondered what kind of drugs I was on to enjoy that game.(it was probably because my irl friends played it on the wii as well, and anything's better when done with friends). After a year passed, I got BO. Awesome game. Voice chat? Well, since I just got in a clan, might as well buy a mic(TNH, anybody remember? Probably not...). The first half of the year was pure awesomeness. The most fun I had on a CoD game ever. The second half was poop. Haxors took over and everything was hell. MW3 came out and you guys know how that worked out....

I tried keeping this CoD related(since if I don't, bad things will happen), but since I'm bound to get off topic anyways.....I don't remember exactly when I got the rest of the games but here's the list:

Fifa10(because every hispanic person has to own Fifa)

SuperMarioGalaxy1+2(I love these games so much....I have a shelf specially for them)

New Super mario bros wii(this game ruins friendships, relationships and marriages)

TwilightPrincess and Skyward Sword(I love TP but I dislike SS....but I like the SS controls now that I'm used to it)

Wii Fit Plus(Because of the b*tching balance board that I thought I would need for other games but never did...another nintendo gimmick)

Mario kart(Red team is OP)

Also, downloaded games...(some of them were free, courtesy of Club Nintendo)

World of Goo(so addicting...)

SMB3(FINALLY BEAT THE 4th WORLD A FEW DAYS AGO. F YEAH!)

Majora'sMask(its creepy....)

PunchOut(I can never get past the cuban guy...i suck at this game)

Pilotwings(This game has made me rage since I first played it a few years ago...)

GrillUltrahandmathingy

Probably more but I just forgot...

Games i rented:

Ninjabreadman(I reccomend this game, way better than MW3. )

No more heroes

Okami

Madworld

Probably more but these are just the ones that left an impression

Well, that's about it.....share your stories about how your wii experience first begun.

• Re: The end of the road for the Wii and the rise of a new era.....

Well i had it since when my father bought me it for my 15th (i think??) and i was really amped up because of the cool games i would like to get soon (SSBB and Mario Kart). Soon i was really addicted to it and heard about the CoD series (only BO) and when my cousin got it for his Wii, i wanted it too. So pretty much i bought a few games with the money i earned from work. Aside from the games i wanted, i bought like Rock Band 2 and 3 and GH:SH (yeah it was boring for a while then sold it back a month ago or so for like a buck...hey its something right??) Then MW3 later on and enjoyed it much it. When i heard of the hacking going on...well tis pretty much doomed for its life because of the little 12 year oldsbeing so butthurt of losing too much or if the possibility of those damn loyal s$%tbox wanting us to convert to that system. I mean i really loved nintendo back when the original smash bros was there and i really have a TON of laughs playing it with my cousins (yet i still play it solo and i STILL get tons of laughs from it ) well ill keep on playing it just for smash bros and if possible then i can maybe transfer the game to the U and let it live on as my own childhood

Padiego wrote:

. After a while, I saw that CoD4 was released on wii. CoD4? Yeah i remember that game. Used to play it on PS3 all the time. Great game. Well, it had come out on wii and I got it....it was great. It was awesome. Now that I look back on it, I wondered what kind of drugs I was on to enjoy that game.(it was probably because my irl friends played it on the wii as well, and anything's better when done with friends).

I know right. When I played it, it was the best game known to man. Now I look back......oh mai gaud it not the god game I thought it was. When I was playing it, it was the only game so I didn't know what "bad" hit detection was. It was just all good. Now with games with better hit detection (not the best) MWR isn't that great at hit detection. Everything else is wonderful. Spectacular spawns, balanced guns. Yes padiego will go "err mer gerd, martydom with sonic BOOOOOM!!!" but it was a very nice game for its time, the best for its time....apart from grenade spam. Oh and amazing maps!!! GREAT MAPS!!!!!!

Anyway, thank wii, its been a good time. Abd I know you hate hackers as much as i do.

BlackMetroid95

Got my white brick wii for christmas in 2008. With it, i got Sonic Riders, Sonic Unleashed, No More Heroes and SSBB. While that was good and fun, Conduit 2 and Metroid Prime 3 were my favorite shooters. Then, i discovered COD4. I played that game to hell, going as far as to get all the intel and all those cheats (Fun times ). I was really crappy on Reflex, then i got much better in BO. I had a reputation in BO, many players recognized me and my Ice M16. After killing thousands of players in BO, my white wii kicked the bucket, but i promptly got a black downgraded wii later, moving MW3 into that. I loved that game, and although i didnt have quite the reputation on BO, i still had tons of fun.

Until the hackers arrived.

Now, i was just trash talking hackers and telling other ppl "i wasnt a hacker" time and time again. I always stuck with my signature gun too- which wasnt always a good thing. It wasnt a good time on MW3 within the middle of its lifespan. I was sidetracked and played Twilight Princess and the masterpiece Skyward Sword, but i eventually got back to COD, to see all of its issues. With all the DLC talk and hacker crap, it was a dark day for the Wii community. The Wii U was announced, alongside BO2, so i was pretty happy with that. I expected to get the Wii U  on its release date, but school and other things forced me to get it in december. It was a fun ride though, till MW3. Hope to see you all in 2025

I got my first ever console, the Wii, a couple years back. I got SSBB as my first game, got a couple popular titles, and soon landed on CoD 4. I remember that since I never seen an xbox, ps3, or pc gaming before, the Wii had the best graphics I had ever seen. I bragged to my friends that the Wii was amazing and I could aim at people and it had better graphics than a shitbox 360. I soon got an xbox and decided that the graphics were better, but barely touched it.

I learned to mod my wii and became addicted to it. I spent hours and hours every day for the next many months on rock band 3. After many months of exclusive wii gaming, I decided to touch my dusty old xbox again. I became a main cod xbox player from black ops to the end of MW3, but going back because I think that the wii motion controls are superior to the other consoles. The only thing that held me back before were the graphics and poor service.