1 3 4 5 6 7 Previous Next 64 Replies Latest reply: Jun 3, 2013 11:23 AM by JSlayer211 Go to original post RSS
      • 50. Re: SUSPENDED FOR LEAVING GAME DURING PLAY!!!!

I've had several matches end abruptly today as if the host dashboarded. And I've gotten errors like "black ops severs unavailable" or "connection to host lost"... And then I get probation?!?  This is bogus.

• 51. Re: SUSPENDED FOR LEAVING GAME DURING PLAY!!!!
          squirrelness

The system for probation is far from fool proof.

Earlier today I left a game of HC CTF in which I had a positive k/d ratio and one cap and a few returns because my wife called me from the hospital (more on that in a moment) and I didn't want to hurt my team by not playing while I was on the phone with her.

Once I got off the phone with her I played a few matches, left a lobby to adjust some classes and got thrown into one of those 'no way in hell' games.  Despite having my match making set to 'best' I was paired up against four guys from Spain.  So I left.  The very next game I am not doing great, (but not bad, either) the phone rings and it's my wife's doctors office.  So I shut down the console thinking that I'm finished playing.  Turns out the call was a recording telling us about a doctor's appointment (figures, since she's in the hospital) so I figure 'just a couple of more games before I head back to the hospital."  I get the 'warning' prompt as I enter back into multi player.  No biggie, I think.

Very next match we are completely owning the other team.  We win the first round of HC CTF 3-0 and come back to take the lead in the second round with less than 30 seconds left....and then the host decides to dashboard.  And as a result of said dashboard I have to sit out for five minutes.

It's not a huge issue, it's just not 100% 'right.'  I was warned about leaving games early.  I left them.  I admit it.  I had good reason to leave two of the three I left.  And the game against the people from Spain wasn't to preserve stats or anything of the sorts, it was to keep from throwing my Xbox out the second story window of our home, haha.  But after my 'warning' about leaving games early I had absolutely ZERO control over the host dashboarding.  None.  Which leads me to believe that if your run into a string of 'bad luck' where the host is dashboarding you will also be punished.   And that isn't right.  *shrugs*

Finally, back to the pregnant wife in the hospital.  She is at 36 weeks right now.  She has pre-eclampsia (Google it if you want to know, but basically high blood pressure caused by the pregnancy) and if she doesn't go into labor before next Friday they will induce.  She has been in and out of the hospital for the last two weeks, was admitted 'for good' (ie until our son is born) on Sunday morning.  I have spent at least 12 hours a day at the hospital with her each and every day.  Both her and her doctor have told me leaving for a bit to 'get my mind off of things' is good for me at this point.

Just to head off all the little dickweeds who will spout off with the 'if your wife is pregnant and in the hospital what the hell are you doing playing the game' comments. 

• 52. Re: SUSPENDED FOR LEAVING GAME DURING PLAY!!!!
            zingaa

I'm surprised I haven't been, I've raged quit so many games now.

• 53. Re: SUSPENDED FOR LEAVING GAME DURING PLAY!!!!

How do the servers differentiate between?

Between dashboarding/signing out vs.

1. Getting kicked from server

2. Losing connection to host

3. Losing connection to Xbox Live/PSN unintentionally (ie internet connection dying out?)

4. Xbox/PS3 freezing (ie hard freeze)

5. Quitting match to join a friend's invite

6. Quitting out of match you spawn into mid-match. (unsure about this one)

The answer is they don't. You get probation whether you dashboard/sign out or if the game, system, servers, host, connection, system freeze, etc. forces you out of a game. Treyarch put no effort into having the servers differentiate between the two because they could care less and just wanted to stop rage quitters (fairly significant proportion) and small minority of dashboarders (stat padders) who have been part of the ridiculous COD community and will continue to be through probation warnings.

I'm not against the probation penalty in theory (as it discourages stat padding and host migrations) but it shouldn't be there if the servers can't differentiate in my opinion. Besides, arguably, it still isn't going to stop people from rage quitting or dashboarding anyways. I'm a PS3 guy myself but my friend tells that on Halo Reach people rage quit and dashboard regardless despite the probation penalty Bungie implemented and 343 decided it wasn't worth it for Halo 4. Although, that's arguably irrelevant to the the primary issue of being awarded probation even when you did not dashboard/sign out intentionally and simply lost connection to one of the various listed issues.

• 54. Re: SUSPENDED FOR LEAVING GAME DURING PLAY!!!!
                gallp13

Well put monkey spank! signed/

remove this feature let the community self manage by blocking where they feel best. I don't need my mom to protect me from the big bad dashboarders.

• 55. Re: SUSPENDED FOR LEAVING GAME DURING PLAY!!!!

If anyone is using there activation code for nuketown on black ops xbox 360 i need one. Email it to me bagle2014@hotmail.com

• 56. Re: SUSPENDED FOR LEAVING GAME DURING PLAY!!!!

At least I got a respose from someone here. On the PS3 sub-forum, a few guys made unorganized points trying to say the same thing I'm suggesting and were called crybaby dashboarders/rage quitters even though they said multiple times they got probation from the various ways I listed or left matches they spawned into mid-match.

The mods and admins have made no effort in responding to my critique of their pathetic system which is full of faults. In my humble opinion, they should have never added a dictating probation warning if they couldn't even make the effort of modifying the servers to differentiate between legitimate dashboarding/signing out vs. the 6+ other ways you could lose connection or be kicked from game.

• 57. Re: SUSPENDED FOR LEAVING GAME DURING PLAY!!!!

Just got booted from domination for accidently killing my own players with a Lightening Strike then suspended for leaving too many games!  What kind of **** is this??   In the past, I've been booted for killing my team mates with the sentry gun, claymores and grenades when they run into the path of them yet.  Is it my fault and do I deserve a ban?   How can playing this game be fun when you are doing your upmost to annoy everyone and are acting like Big Brother?   This is the last time I am buying any of your games and add on's and hope there is many more gamers that feel the same.  Come on guys, don't be idiots all your lives, take yesterday off for christ sake.

• 58. Re: SUSPENDED FOR LEAVING GAME DURING PLAY!!!!

Just got booted from domination for accidently killing my own players with a Lightening Strike then suspended for leaving too many games!  What kind of **** is this??   In the past, I've been booted for killing my team mates with the sentry gun, claymores and grenades when they run into the path of them yet.  Is it my fault and do I deserve a ban?   How can playing this game be fun when you are doing your upmost to annoy everyone and are acting like Big Brother?   This is the last time I am buying any of your games and add on's and hope there is many more gamers that feel the same.  Come on guys, don't be idiots all your lives, take yesterday off for christ sake.

• 59. Re: SUSPENDED FOR LEAVING GAME DURING PLAY!!!!
                          Binkey

i think all of u who leaves game in middle should get ban for a week, u leasve cuz u got owned! but thats not the worst, it suck when you join mid of match and all u hear is  swan imbound, k9 unint..... i think there should be lock outs on all servers when u start a match the only time you can leave its on the end of each round and samething with when you join only before match start or in the beganing of second round not in the middle when other players got thair scorestrikes!

1 3 4 5 6 7 Previous Next