30 Replies Latest reply: Nov 11, 2012 10:28 PM by a_loco_hobo RSS

abusive language

just played against a full clan whilst i was on a random team, whilst im not very good i still battered them, anyways

tita-playa51 has sent me psn messages saying

**** YOU

AND YOUR MOTHER

now i find this quite offensive, what can i do?

• Re: abusive language

the *'s mean FU*K just to clarify

anyone?? i have tried to report through the PSN, but there is now grief report option on dashboard for messages, and i tried the playstation grief report site, but they dont deal with call of duty?

Ermergerd! Abuse from teh innernets? Quick follow these steps!:

1 - Phone the police to press charges.

2 - Get a lawyer for a mental anguish claim.

3 - Contact a shrink so you can talk about your attention seeking disorder.

4 - .....????

5 - Profit!

thanks for your sarcasm you moron, i should be allowed to play online games without the need to be abused, so keep your idiotic comments to yourself.

hiyalove wrote:

thanks for your sarcasm you moron, i should be allowed to play online games without the need to be abused, so keep your idiotic comments to yourself.

Aha, the truth comes out. Who's to say you weren't abusive to them judging by your instant agressive reply. I smell hypocrite. And remove the GT, no naming and shaming. Hypocrite.

how about the fact that i have the messages saved in my inbox? proof enough i think. your reply is ridiculous and your argument flawed,  the instant reply due to the childish sarcastic remark you posted, its quite clear that i felt i was wronged by abusive language yet you felt the need to join in with this process, and instead of suggest some advice, you just add to the problem.

you say "I smell hypocrite" - is that you stated that you smell, and calling me a hypocrite?

grow up moron

mwfan55

There really isn't that much you can do unfortunately. I have reported many people in the past for much worse language and nothing ever happens. Just look at the cheaters and hackers on the game, simple reporting doesn't even get them banned, you must give it to them on a silver platter to get these guys banned.

Wish there was a better way way to report.

nearly missed your reply as it was mixed between timewasters..

thankyou for a real reply, thats a shame that nothing gets done, there is no need for people to be like that, and the cheaters too.

The game should be fun and used for entertainment, not ruined by cheaters and bulllys

Your full of abuse, agression and insults. Sounds like you probably insulted them every bit as much and came to sign up for a spot of name and shame revenge. No GT's by the way. Hypocrite.

you are becoming rather boring and are not contributing at all to this question, you are making a ridiculous assumption based on the fact that i didnt like the fact you wanted to jump on here and try and make fun of me. forgive me for trying to defend myself.

what does this even mean? "Ermergerd! Abuse from teh innernets?"

As soon as I read your obvious troll post, I immediately wanted to tell you to piss off. So, piss off if you don't have anything worthy to contribute, besides what I'm sure you consider wit and clever remarks.

In regards to the OP: The only thing you can do is report them and/or block them. Pretty sure there's a block feature, though I'd have to look. These are features that are expected to be used to deal with unwanted communication of an offensive/harassive nature.

Though, personally, I say put the footage on YouTube then send him the link back.

So you are playing a rated M for mature game. In this game your only goal is to kill people by any means possible, shooting, stabbing, or blowing them up?

Should I call the waaaambulance for you?

Put on your big boy pants, delete the message and put the person that sent it to you on ignore and move on.

Not worth worrying about what some random person somewhere in the world typed to you in a game. I kinda take those messages as a compliment to be honest

yes this game is M for mature, yes the object is to kill people, at what point does it become acceptable to add personal insults into it? whilst i am aware that it is probably due to their lack of vocabulary,  that cannot be used as an excuse. You may have been brought up in an environment where this sort of behaviour is acceptable, but i certainly did not!

As keiki-o-akua alluded to, it just means you're doing something right. I see people get mad all the time when they get steamrolled, because they think they're the 'best of the best'. I've been in lobbies and games where it was nothing but racial slur, racial slur, yo momma, eff you, racial slur....rinse and repeat.

If I feel like being entertained, I'll listen to it and laugh, otherwise I'll just mute everyone. Just brush it off/laugh it off, and keep doing what you're doing. If they get butthurt over it, to hell with them. If they want to get upset over a game, that sounds like a personal problem.

sorry bro, but what makes you think the higher ups will do anything? the only banning ive seen so far was people getting banned from forums...as far as getting ridiculed and belittled in game, just ignore it..i havent gone a day without being called racist and demeaning names..i eat that $#iT up..means im doing something right..let them hate

Leave the poor guy alone its not his fault he was born with a silver spoon in his mouth, poundland do tissues for 99p by the way, so does that mean your mothers hot?

Out

Just Block the player from the PS3 menu....... it will stop any msgs from coming from them.....   other than that you could always just reply with "Thank you For Offering but your spoken for at the moment,  but will keep them in mind" LOL......there is something about non offence scarism ...that shuts them up.........but the best way is just to ignore it completly

redskynyrd

Grow some thicker skin, block them and move on. The last thing I'll let bother me is what some person on the internet has to say about me while I'm blowing their brains out over and over.

BanHaMMer

* what to do *

• Take a photo of the abusive PM message.
                                              • Log into the EU.Playstation Forums.
                                              • Upload and include the photo of the offensive PM with a brief explanation of what happened.
                                              • PM a Sony Playstation MODERATOR, contact me here via pm. I will give you the link privately to the MOD address.
                                              • He will get a 3 day console ban, PSN Ban and Playstation Forums ban with a warning.
                                              • This will have to be fact checked, which won't take long. If found to have broken the Sony EULA.
                                              • Starting imediatly once you have done the above.
                                                  redskynyrd

Just curious as to why the leaderboard hackers haven't been punished and reset when it's blatantly obvious? Rules are rules, right? Why punish some but not all?

BanHaMMer

Activision/Beach Head are responsible for there game, they have to deal with the "hacked Leaderboards" they can also impose there punishment if required. It is not a Sony Exclusive game and does not have in-game moderation.

With absolute proof that said person did cheat beyond the leaderboards that could be technically askew or some other internal matter with the MW3 Ranking system. Then you could take your complaint to Sony Playstation. Activision/Beach Head have there own internal system which you are obliged to go through according to there games EULA.

It is very difficult to police a non Sony exclusive game for cheating.

Sony Playstation Moderators police the PSN/Playstation Forums and Sony exclusive games as they have "access all area's" so to speak, as apposed to a non Sony Exclusive game.

Racism, hateful, derogatory, or defamatory messaging will be taken seriously. People have every right to enjoy the PSN without the fear of harassment and/or the afore mentioned acts.

mwfan55

Now this I like, thanks, should this happen again I will send you a PM. I just wish there was an easier way because reporting via PS3 doesn't do anything.

I have the alerts disabled, but everytime I have an awesome game I check the inbox. You're lucky to have royally pissed that guy off, all I get is lobby requests...even when I stomp my opponents.

I hate to say it but if he reads this thread, or gets banned it may seem like a victory in his eyes. Your memory of that game has been clouded by his comment, he would clearly know that he affected your life. If someone said that to me, I wouldn't care...the gameplay that caused the enemy to get upset is the only thing I'll be thinking about.

If you are offended by some random people that are more than likely halfway around the world saying yo mamma and **** you then you sir are just a *****. WTF do you care what they say or any of us for that matter? We are complete strangers man get over it. Don't pull an Amanda Todd!

There will always be haters out there. Even if you were the worst player in the world, then people would hate you for playing so badly. You can't make everybody happy, so why try? You win a match, feel good about it, and if haters hate, just trash the hate mail and move on.

if they banned everyone for saying "Your mom", "your a (insert racial slur here),", "your a fat f*^$ that lives in your moms basement", or simple "F You", then the whole community would be banned at some point. Deal with it. It sucks, but it's unfortunately a part of online gaming on almost any game.

BanHaMMer

CrimsonTideMonk wrote:

if they banned everyone for saying "Your mom", "your a (insert racial slur here),", "your a fat f*^$ that lives in your moms basement", or simple "F You", then the whole community would be banned at some point. Deal with it. It sucks, but it's unfortunately a part of online gaming on almost any game.

It is also a violation of the Sony Playstation EULA you all have agreed too.

If someone goes to the effort to report someone, with evidence of said persons offensive PM to Sony Playstation via the EU.Forums to a Sony Moderator via PM, then Sony are obliged to investigate and/or act. Yes, it may well be normal to a hardened gamer or someone who likes to act like a "Big Man" behind his handle. But there only tough as a valid and confirmed complaint of the breaking of the Sony EULA away to bring them back to reality.

log out of game go over message and hit triangle there you will see feature for grief report.  just put what vulgarity or something.  doubt it does anything but have them read the terms again but thats my help for you.

you can try reporting to the3 twitter site, email address, found at infinityward.com alternatively ignore them and block them.