1 536 537 538 539 540 Previous Next 6,020 Replies Latest reply: May 30, 2013 12:07 AM by kastro187420 Go to original post RSS
      • 5,370. Re: Modern Warfare 3 Title Update and Hot Fix Discussion
        Ss78_

When I was asking about dedis on the blops forum Fox gave me some good info and in one of the quote's he gave me from vahn was this

What we can and try to do is:

-minimize the upstream bandwidth required to play

-use the best networking prediction we can

-continue to have the Local Search only option

-improve the algorithm for how we choose the host

-continue to work with Microsoft on how they do Matchmaking

...among other things.

This was 2 years ago and if the 2 teams had collaborated on the multiplayer side of things the Local Search only option would have been implemented. I don't know why the two teams aren't fully collaborating on the multiplayer mechanics as that seems logical to me but obviously they have their reasons.

When I was trying to get info on the net code to improve my understanding of the complications involved I did come across a couple of job offerings(Network/multiplayer related) available at IW from around May this year and more currently on their website. It looks to me as if they know they need more help internally approaching future title releases. No point in speculating anything more on that subject.

• 5,371. Re: Modern Warfare 3 Title Update and Hot Fix Discussion

that was fun, that livestream, especially dance central lolproblem with lag compensation is that laggers are getting into god mode and people with good connection are at disadvantage

anyway i want share something

twitter- me- problem with lag compensation is that laggers are getting into god mode and people with good connection are at disadvantage

teanah- that's grossly exaggerated. If that was the case, you'd never kill them.

so i put here some pictures, i still have no idea how to put here links, pics or thumbnails properly on this forum, i asked Fox for help
          i was playing and i came across this lobby

[IMG]http://i1339.photobucket.com/albums/o705/pavelm2/IMG00044-20121022-1758_zps86012 640.jpg[/IMG]
          • 5,372. Re: Modern Warfare 3 Title Update and Hot Fix Discussion

Is it exaggerated to say they're in god mode?  Yes.  Just like it was even more exaggerated to say host had god mode in any previous title.  But according to teanah or candyce or one of them returning to that god mode, which the majority would wholeheartedly embrace, is unacceptable.

• 5,373. Re: Modern Warfare 3 Title Update and Hot Fix Discussion

i got suggestion for Overkill perk, can u guys make it that both main weapons will get weapon experience, even when u re using just one of them?

• 5,374. Re: Modern Warfare 3 Title Update and Hot Fix Discussion

swagbackguarantee wrote:

Is it exaggerated to say they're in god mode?  Yes.  Just like it was even more exaggerated to say host had god mode in any previous title.  But according to teanah or candyce or one of them returning to that god mode, which the majority would wholeheartedly embrace, is unacceptable.

I still don't get why people say the host had a lagvantage in MW2. There was no significant difference when playing MW2 as a host compared to 3 or 4 bar non-host.  The host died just as easily as anyone else. At least I got just as good games 3 barring as I did when hosting and I don't remember anyone having a lagvantage. The game was very much in sync for everyone imo.

Ghandi / Teanah, are you going to put those reverted TDM lag comp tweaks back in the game?

When are you bringing back Favela to MW2 and are you going to do something about the cheaters aswell?

• 5,375. Re: Modern Warfare 3 Title Update and Hot Fix Discussion

Don't know about Favela, but they did fix the problem with not being able to see how many players were online on Xbox. 54,000 players on MW2 the other night...hit detection was nearly flawless.

IW, you're having to release another TU to put Favela back, why don't you go ahead and patch OMA/Scavenger, and address the hacks/cheats while you're at it? You know the Favela thing will be the last time you ever touch this game...c'mon, do the right thing.

Until then, FLOOP! FLOOP! FLOOP!

• 5,376. Re: Modern Warfare 3 Title Update and Hot Fix Discussion

MW2 patch 1.14 has been released. It'll be relatively free of cheaters for a short while but because IW did absolutely nothing about the security issues, cheaters will just have to re-transfer their old hacks and that's it. Won't take long and many have probably already done so.

E: On PS3, that is. No idea about the 360 version.

• 5,377. Re: Modern Warfare 3 Title Update and Hot Fix Discussion

Domination, fixed????

3 players from the good ole US of A in our lobby on 1 and 2 bars, cmon please!

• 5,378. Re: Modern Warfare 3 Title Update and Hot Fix Discussion

Ok now I am truly truly truly god smacked the very next game

USA x 7

Austria x 1

Dutch x 1

UK x 3

And me!

I know its past the 11pm cutoff for when UK players should be online but cmon thats very very poor indeed.

• 5,379. Re: Modern Warfare 3 Title Update and Hot Fix Discussion

And the last gameof the  night

French x 3

Switzerland x 1

Spain x 2

Norway x 1

UK x 4

And me, so thats a few more for the avoided list!