1 2 3 4 5 6 Previous Next 276 Replies Latest reply: Sep 28, 2012 8:02 AM by nflfenatic Go to original post RSS
      • 30. Optimizing your connection on the Xbox - The Elagaphant strikes back
        maccabi

        xxsnakedocxx wrote:

         

        I have a Motorola DOCSIS 3.0 Modem and a DLink DGL-4500 Gamefuel Router. Up until recently hadn't had any issues. Been getting a limited or no connectivity error a lot lately. I have 2 xbox's, my tv, and dvr wired. My PS3 and two laptops on wireless. And sometimes my phone too. I have never messed with any settings on my router or any of my devices. Any advice to stop that error? Starting to be a pain in the butt having to reset my stuff all the time. Also it usually seems to happen only when multiple devices are used.

        without knowing how you got everything setup i would have to hazard a guess and say the most likely cause is you havent assigned static ips to each device specifically the xboxes, as this can cause (or rather one of the causes) what your experiencing.

        • 31. Re: Optimizing your connection on the Xbox - The Elagaphant strikes back

          maccabi wrote:

           

          xxsnakedocxx wrote:

           

          I have a Motorola DOCSIS 3.0 Modem and a DLink DGL-4500 Gamefuel Router. Up until recently hadn't had any issues. Been getting a limited or no connectivity error a lot lately. I have 2 xbox's, my tv, and dvr wired. My PS3 and two laptops on wireless. And sometimes my phone too. I have never messed with any settings on my router or any of my devices. Any advice to stop that error? Starting to be a pain in the butt having to reset my stuff all the time. Also it usually seems to happen only when multiple devices are used.

          without knowing how you got everything setup i would have to hazard a guess and say the most likely cause is you havent assigned static ips to each device specifically the xboxes, as this can cause (or rather one of the causes) what your experiencing.

          Yeah I have never messed with settings. Just auto set-up. What do I need to do? How do I do it?

          • 32. Re: Optimizing your connection on the Xbox - The Elagaphant strikes back
            maccabi

            xxsnakedocxx wrote:

             

             

            Yeah I have never messed with settings. Just auto set-up. What do I need to do? How do I do it?

             

            foxhound's awesome sauce "how to" has all the infomation you could possibly need

             

            Check out it  (opens in a new window) Fox's guide.

            • 33. Re: Optimizing your connection on the Xbox - The Elagaphant strikes back

              maccabi wrote:

               

              xxsnakedocxx wrote:

               

               

              Yeah I have never messed with settings. Just auto set-up. What do I need to do? How do I do it?

               

              foxhound's awesome sauce "how to" has all the infomation you could possibly need

               

              Check out it  (opens in a new window) Fox's guide.

              Do I need to do that for every device on my router?

              • 34. Re: Optimizing your connection on the Xbox - The Elagaphant strikes back
                maccabi

                xxsnakedocxx wrote:

                 

                 

                Do I need to do that for every device on my router?

                 

                technically no only the consoles.

                • 35. Re: Optimizing your connection on the Xbox - The Elagaphant strikes back
                  maccabi

                  updated , rejiggled and generally has more stuff than last time.

                   

                  If anyone finds a link that doesnt work or has any suggestions for stuff they want to see in the new shiny section about how games works let me know.

                   

                  also i will use some of my previous posts to make a new feature for the elagaphant called "Readers letters" please note I said LETTERS not WIVES covering myself as we can still add pictures to the forum

                   

                  So if anyone has a question on either optimising, settings or how games work post and I will answer (time frame dependant on levels of procrastination), there are two areas which i wont cover though, the first is anything to do with tvs (i know hardly anything) and suggestions on what equipment to buy.

                  • 37. Re: The Elagaphant strikes back , Optimizing your connection on the Xbox

                    Hey Macc, brilliant thread!!

                     

                    Just a few questions, hopefully these will be common questions and some of them may have been already answered, if so I apologise.

                     

                    I have the option of 2 ISP's at my house, both very different.

                    Virgin Fibre Optic 20mb down 2mb up

                    BT ADSL 8mb down 1mb up

                     

                    While the Virgin line is 'faster', the BT line seems to be better for online gaming. Is there a reason for the 'slower' ISP performing better?

                     

                    For my BT ISP, I have the choice of 2 routers - the standard BT Homehub 3 and a Belkin router. Should I set the Belkin router up as you have stated above as soon as MW3 is available, or will my BT Homehub be adequate using UPnP and a wired connection?

                    • 38. Re: The Elagaphant strikes back , Optimizing your connection on the Xbox
                      maccabi

                      angrymeerkat wrote:

                       

                      Hey Macc, brilliant thread!!

                       

                      Just a few questions, hopefully these will be common questions and some of them may have been already answered, if so I apologise.

                       

                      I have the option of 2 ISP's at my house, both very different.

                      Virgin Fibre Optic 20mb down 2mb up

                      BT ADSL 8mb down 1mb up

                       

                      While the Virgin line is 'faster', the BT line seems to be better for online gaming. Is there a reason for the 'slower' ISP performing better?

                       

                      For my BT ISP, I have the choice of 2 routers - the standard BT Homehub 3 and a Belkin router. Should I set the Belkin router up as you have stated above as soon as MW3 is available, or will my BT Homehub be adequate using UPnP and a wired connection?

                       

                      Click here for your answer
                      • 39. Re: The Elagaphant strikes back , Optimizing your connection on the Xbox

                        Mac - a champ on the blops forum and same same on mw3. Always good to read your stuff

                        1 2 3 4 5 6 Previous Next