10 Replies Latest reply: Mar 19, 2014 6:35 AM by dbkvaternik RSS

A Serious Discussion About Cheaters in CoD Ghosts

Dex_2002

Firstly, I enjoy this game!  It has a great feel, visuals and many other features that I love in a game.  That is the only reason I care enough to put my time into addressing the things that may potentially destroy my enjoyment of a game that has so much potential.  So for everyone who says, "just go play something else."  That's why.

That being said, the game has some lag issues and technical problems, which are kind of expected to a certain degree.  I do feel, however, that the cheating and exploiting in this game have gotten out of control.  I have read the plethora of complaints across the internet and on these forums, so I know I'm not alone.  Complaining is not enough.  We need to address the following issues.  I encourage anyone who enjoys this game to add and discuss, but I ask that it be constructive.

Game issues that may look like cheating but really aren't (ie should be fixed but aren't cheating):

- Connection Lag

- Lag Compensation

- Poor Spawning

- Legitimate hosting issues

Game elements that are legitimate but can be misinterpreted as cheats:

- Radical imbalance between players with regard to perks and equipment in any given match.

- Imbalances in Hardware on the client end.

- Actual player skill.

Issues with company accountability:

- Nothing is being done to date.

- Any poor publicity with regard to bad play experiences is being swept under the carpet.

- The company needs to make a profit and it is in the companies best financial interest to keep both the cheaters and legitimate players happy to maximize profit.

- There is no subscription to this game.  They already have your money, and no you aren't going to see a refund.

Issues with the player base:

- Legitimate players are frustrated and many legitimate players just leave the game and play something else when it becomes too frustrating

- Some legitimate players begin cheating due to an "If you can't beat them, join them" ethic

- The online player base is dying.  As a result, fewer game types are availible because fewer legitimate players are playing.

Issues with a solution:

- The company is not taking an active role, or if they are they aren't offering any insight to the player base to give hope of any resolution.

- The company is far more concerned with public perception (future buyers), than current players.

- The 'no name and shame' policy on the forums is like a form letter dissuading people from commenting on any specifics of the cheating problem.

Ideas for what players can do:

- "Name and shame", but do it right.  Show proof, show video, make it undeniable and promote it in the community (check the YouTube channels and 3rd party forums).

- If someone is cheating in your match, leave the game, hit F1 scroll right, report them then join a new game.

Ideas for what the company can do:

- Implement anti-cheat software (this is obvious but really hard to accomplish, but please try for us)

- Possibly pairing players by KtD or level, letting the hackers play with each other (of course this would require a system for legitimate players who are able to achieve high scores to prove themselves in some way which is not ideal, but may be workable)

Message was edited by: Dex_2002 Edited the formatting to make this actually readable.

• Re: A Serious Discussion About Cheaters in CoD Ghosts
    Momba1

Trying to follow your 'ideas' is a tad difficult, your post is a plethora of 'bullet points' that don't all flow together to make a cohesive point -- "Serious Discussion About Cheaters in CoD Ghosts."

There are too many Cheaters and too many Problems in the Game itself to sort through in this post. I'm certainly very clear what a Cheater is and isn't especially since the majority of Ghosts Cheaters aren't so subtle i.e. are obvious.

Besides the fact that this game needs Rentable Ranked Dedicated Servers with 24/7 Admins, the bugs need to be corrected. Frankly it would be nice to have any Dedicated Servers, this P2P in a 'AAA title' is an insult.

As far as hardware I'm running a 6-core i7-3930K, 32GB of RAM, and a pair of GTX 770's in SLI and even players with R9 280/290's and 770/780/Titans have a slew of problems that even after an entire month aren't addressed much less 'fixed.' I was a decent CoD player up to BO2 and Ghosts with all of its problems is no fun to play, hence like a sinking ship I/we leave in mass. Sadly I must add this isn't the first broken CoD but IW has the poorest track record in this cheating regard and Ghosts was hacked on day 1.

Now I do hope that both the bugs & cheaters are indeed eliminated and when that happens I'll return with my Hardened Edition of Ghosts. Maybe then I/we can have a serious discussion like this -> Match Making & Parties - Prior Ban(s), Excessive Reports, Heuristic Detection

Pickles_HK

Momba1 wrote:

Trying to follow your 'ideas' is a tad difficult, your post is a plethora of 'bullet points' that don't all flow together to make a cohesive point -- "Serious Discussion About Cheaters in CoD Ghosts."

There are too many Cheaters and too many Problems in the Game itself to sort through in this post. I'm certainly very clear what a Cheater is and isn't especially since the majority of Ghosts Cheaters aren't so subtle i.e. are obvious.

Besides the fact that this game needs Rentable Ranked Dedicated Servers with 24/7 Admins, the bugs need to be corrected. Frankly it would be nice to have any Dedicated Servers, this P2P in a 'AAA title' is an insult.

As far as hardware I'm running a 6-core i7-3930K, 32GB of RAM, and a pair of GTX 770's in SLI and even players with R9 280/290's and 770/780/Titans have a slew of problems that even after an entire month aren't addressed much less 'fixed.' I was a decent CoD player up to BO2 and Ghosts with all of its problems is no fun to play, hence like a sinking ship I/we leave in mass. Sadly I must add this isn't the first broken CoD but IW has the poorest track record in this cheating regard and Ghosts was hacked on day 1.

Now I do hope that both the bugs & cheaters are indeed eliminated and when that happens I'll return with my Hardened Edition of Ghosts. Maybe then I/we can have a serious discussion like this -> Match Making & Parties - Prior Ban(s), Excessive Reports, Heuristic Detection

This.

The game is dead on PC.  As soon as the last few people realize that the rest of us aren't coming back without dedis...please be sure to shut off the lights.

On a completely separate note...March 11th holds a lot of promise.

Dex_2002

I have now fixed the formatting to the original way I intended it, so hopefully it is readable now.  I apologize for the state of the original post.

I wasn't really trying to "make a point" with this post but rather provoke some ideas and discussion from people on ways to address the problem and work toward a solution.

40stopni

Very good text! I like it! Great ideas.

YamilArias_88

great idea, hackers play with hackers! love it! hope it comes through ...

suicidesquad

Are you shocked as to the lack of customer care? the last four games should have give you a clue! I have stuck with every other COD game until this one! same old same old lag, hackers and lack of support for the pc. our clan now has a cod 4 server. private of course... but hey  at least the server is full and we are having fun again....

PDH_NicFury

I've just joined a clan and was looking forward to some good competition... but the amount of hackers/cheaters is just ridiculous, its really killing my gaming mojo. I have enough problems with my internet (1M down, .3M up, 54 ping to town and it goes to complete **** if anyone else uses the internet)(and just goes to **** anyway every now and then), my left arm and hand (brachial plexus injury, it was dead for about a year and still only about 60%), the last thing I need is some clown to jump on and spoil my night.

In the good old days we had our own servers, and we policed them ourselves. If someone wanted to be a clown we could watch them, determine if they're legit or not, and if they weren't they got the ban hammer... period. If we went onto another server we ran the risk that some jerk would spoil our night (and brag about it), but we knew that on our server everything was cool. Not anymore. Every night (and I mean EVERY NIGHT) some new clown is on. Last night was [UG]Fatty, tonight was Boots N Pants™... and I don't see any end in sight. Speaking of servers, what happened to picking a server instead of being forced onto one? That had to be the worst idea in years for CoD. They need to rollback to the server selection, show pings, and make it so you can add favorites. Hackers don't go where they aren't wanted, they don't get to stick around long enough to make being a clown worth it.

On another note, whats with the low number of players per game?! MW1 had 25v25 TDM, it was awesome! Now its like the freakin' consoles, limited to 4v4 at least and 6v6 at best (does ANYONE play 'Ground War'?).

NicFury

dbkvaternik

In my experience, a vast majority of clans hack. I can say with no doubt that 99% of members who I see in a lobby with a clan tag are either hacked or boosted. Furthermore, anyone with over a 2 KDR is generally hacking or at least, extremely sketchy. This has been my experience, your results may vary.

Regarding game modes, all I can play is TDM. Been like that since January. If I want a different game mode, I have to play squads (private).