We appreciate your feedback, so please continue sending it. We're working hard over here to get fixes and updates out to you as soon as we can! Be sure to follow @InfinityWard for future updates!
|Mar. 4, 2014|
- Allow Free Fall to be available for everyone.
- All challenges are now active operations at once.
- Main Menu layout update.
- Update to Gold Camo tracking. Now shows how many camos left to unlock Gold.
- Added Hunted Free For All leaderboard.
- Added Weapon Operations to the Operations menu.
- Removed tracker sight exploit on Warhawk.
- Prevents players from inappropriately modifying 'kick' messages.
- Anti-cheat tool updates.
- Made changes to Clan v Clan: Remove bomb timer sounds, and restrict Ghillie suit use.
- Fix for not allowing people in an eSports system link game from viewing third person.
- Fixes issue where CODCaster icon was erroneously showing up for remote players on a private match client machine.
- Fixed issue that could cause a user to get booted for repeatedly changing classes during match.
- Fixed issue where preset camera buttons were not working while the fullscreen map is up.
- P2P auth improvements.
- Fix for false positive VAC ban message when Steam servers are non-responsive or if the user's VAC status cannot be determined.
- Fix to destroy planted explosives if they are placed on top of a care package and then care package is claimed before explosive.
- Fix for players that switch teams to see correct colored notifications when their allies use kill streaks.
- Fix KD history not updating in team matches that expire on time.
- Fixed the title only displaying the first two characters of the user's gamertag in a Private Match lobby when that user does not have the same map packs as host.
- Fixed weapon information in Player Card to allow proper weapons to be seen in clan details.
- Fixed minor graphical bug related to UI rendering.
- Various bug fixes regarding non-active controllers following invites.
- Fixed a thermal sight issues that could allow the user to skip the raise animation.
- Fix for player "Time Played" category overlapping text.
- Fixing issues where guest accounts can open the leaderboards menu.
- Fixed an issue where the challenge "Sponge III" was not tracking as expected.
- Fixed an issue where the XP points popup showed for kills in killcams.
- Fixed issue where monthly/all time filters didn't work for the squads leaderboards.
- Fixed rare instance where player is unable to call out a killstreak or care package after earning.
- Casual mode added to Local and Solo matches - limited achievements available and no leaderboard posting.
- Hardcore Mode added to Local, Solo, and Custom Matches for Point of Contact and Nightfall.
- Numerous fixes to Nightfall.
- Reduced the radius for Explosive Ammo.
- Fixed a cash exploit while dropping money.
- Fixed a bad location on Nightfall for one of the Stay in the Marked Area challenges.
- Nightfall now properly tracks "Mission's Completed" on the Player Card.
- Point of Contact and Nightfall Leaderboards now both properly track Platinum, Gold, Silver, and Bronze. The columns were reversed in previous TUs.
|Feb. 19, 2014|
- Added FOV slider to the MP PC menu.
- Added leaderboards for Gun Game.
- Added functionality to view the clans of remote players.
- Allowing soldiers to invite to clan in Call of Duty App.
- Added extra loadout slot support for Call of Duty App.
- Added link to the store from customization submenus.
- Added diamond clan icons to clan details page.
- Fixed lag that could occur when host rapidly changed classes.
- Fixed crash that could occur when player is killed while controlling a vehicle killstreak.
- Optimizations for AMD graphics cards.
- Performance improvements for modes using bots.
- Fixed loss of controller issue that occurred when second controller signed in after a non-signed in first controller tried accessing the store.
- Host migration optimizations.
- Fixed lost connection issue that could occur when lobby breaks after accepting the game invite.
- Fixed reactive motion jitter issues with local split-screen players.
- Updated ban messages to be more specific when appropriate.
- Overall anti-cheat improvements.
- We're working closely with the Valve security team to make the best use of VAC to catch cheaters and hackers.
Weapon / Perk Balance
- Patched 3rd person throw animations for explosives when using the Riotshield. This change moves the shield to the side exposing the thrower to attack.
- Fixed a bug where MLG spectator would lose controls when using advanced video options while spectating a match with many players.
- Removes delay for lobby member broadcaster icon when enabling/disabling it.
- Fixed a bug where MLG spectators couldn’t see enemies shooting on the minimap.
- Fix null string translation bug found when playing eSports rules coming out of spectate.
- Fixed cycle players button not functioning when the mini-map is displayed.
- Fixed issue that caused the eSports rule set header to carry over onto the system link menu.
- Updated nVidia hair and APEX DLLs.
- Killstreak count is correctly maintained across rounds in SD/SR/Blitz.
- Fixed some spawn issues specific to Stormfront.
- Fixed broken operations (must play one ranked game to fix data).
- Improved spawns on Whiteout.
- Fixed issue where players can make the bomb disappear by planting on top of their IMS/SatCom, then destroying the placeable.
- Fixed the progress bar improperly displaying "contested" if 2 players entered the flag's capture radius, then one player left or was killed.
- Fixed rapid fire popping animations that would occur when deploying an IMS or Sentry then immediately pressing up on the d-pad.
- Fix Infected bug where PDW was not shown initially when spawning in.
- Fixed text overlap when highlighting clan vs clan playlist.
- Fixed sign-in issues that would occur when accessing the store with different controllers.
- Fixed error with Clan Roster menu.
- Fixed issue where some camo’s were not applied correctly in game.
- “Escapes” leaderboard is now displayed in the correct order.
- We now track Armory level completions as “Escapes” on the Escapes leaderboard.
- Fixed issue where players would sometimes switch back to their pistol after reviving players.
- Fixed issue where splash message would sometimes not appear when scavenging.
- Fixed an exploit with the deployable money feature.
- Fixed issue with voice over playing when players are in last stand or when a player has died.
- Added Relic bonus to the post game score screen.
|Jan. 28, 2014|
- Killstreak count maintained across rounds in Search and Destroy, Search and Rescue and Blitz.
- Shorten countdown timer for Clan v Clan playlist.
- Extinction alien balance adjustments.
- PLAYLIST UPDATE: Gun Game replacing Heavy Duty.
- PLAYLIST UPDATE: Adding Hunted FFA.
- PLAYLIST UPDATE: Add eSports Rules to Clan v Clan (except friendly fire), and 1-4 persons can join.
- Added Heavy Duty health options to Private Match.
- IED damage adjustment based on player stance and IED location (for damage reduction: jump over IEDs below you, go prone for overhead IEDs).
- Added Operation progress bar to the After Action Report that pops up after MP matches.
- New MP lobby menu music.
- Social feed addition.
- New stick layout options for Southpaw.
- Disable party chat in Search and Rescue, Search and Destroy and Infected.
- Added 5 new Prestige Ranks to Extinction.
- Customization for player appearances (Create a Soldier) added to Extinction.
- Fixed Sniper animation issue that could break the viewmodel.
- Load time improvements for Flooded, Strikezone, Warhawk.
- Fixed a couple bots related performance issues.
- Fixed loss of functionality issue that would occur when two crates were stacked if player attempted to capture bottom crate.
- In Private match, disable “Start Match” if party members are missing selected map.
- Fixed rare case of incorrect bot display amount in Private match.
- Various spawn improvements.
- Prevent players from using more loadouts than normal.
- Block users from sharing camos and reticles that aren’t previously unlocked.
- Anti-cheat prevention improvements.
Weapon / Perk Balance
- Dead Silence/Amplify Adjustment - Dead Silence completely silent including equipment, sliding, and footsteps. Amplify users can still hear a scaled down version of the footsteps and sliding sounds.
- Slight AK12 Increase on view kick.
- Adjusted reload times on L115 and USR.
- Reduce burst fire cool down of MSBS.
- Removed stalls caused by the host changing loadout in eSports games.
- Silent plant, silent defuse in Search and Destroy.
- Added killstreak count to eSports scoreboard.
- Improvements to MLG Broadcast mode for highlighted players.
- Added Domination flag capture bar to Broadcast mode.
- Added R3 to toggle enemy player outlines in Broadcast mode.
- Prevent eSports players (except COD Caster) from switching to 3rd Person Spectate cam.
- Added ability to select players when mini-map is enlarged in eSports.
- Fixed FOV issue that occurred in Broadcast mode.
- Fixed functionality issue that occurred if both thumbsticks were pressed while spectating a mantling player.
- Fixed issue which kept eSports rules enabled after losing internet connection.
- Add notification when spectated player gets a kill in Broadcast mode.
- Fixed text overlap bug that occurred when mini-map was enlarged.
- Better team identification in the MLG hud.
- Fixed killfeed color bug that occurred for spectators.
- Prevent crashes when COD Caster changed teams quickly.
- Restrict Ghillie Suits when eSports rules enabled (replaces with different game models).
- Fixed a Broadcaster Mode bug where the preset camera indicator wasn't getting reset between rounds.
- Add a kill feed to Broadcaster mode.
- Added team names to in-game scoreboard for Broadcast mode.
- Restrict Tracker Sights in eSports rules.
- Restrict Danger Close in eSports rules.
- Additional Broadcast mode fixes (better team identification in the HUD, simplified Scoreboard toggle, etc).
- Additional eSports fixes.
- Fixed a couple resizing issues that would occur when switching to windowed mode.
- Fixed sound issue in the mixing code.
- Fix for shadow flicker on ATI crossfire setups.
- Fixed Single Player crash when switching SSAO on in-game.
- Fixed friends list sorting issue.
- PC fix for submitting a blank password when trying to join a protected private match.
- Fixed issue where friends button was unclickable while viewing operations.
- Fixed video options to properly save settings that don’t require video restart.
- Fixed issue that occurred when selecting “Play as Squad member” with mouse click.
- Updated text in option menus to better reflect "mute all" option.
- Fixed prone accuracy exploit.
- Adjusted difficulty of slide based operations.
- Reduced lean, point blank & rescue reticle challenge requirements.
- Search and Destroy bomb plant and defuse timers no longer wait for the weapon swap before starting.
- Fixed matchmaking issue in Squads.
- Display new icon in Operations when re-rolling Operations.
- Fixed rare cases of losing Sentry Gun killstreak when killed while placing.
- Menu fix for Operations.
- Fixed bug that would show improper time value in match countdown timer.
- Maniac, Juggernaut Recon and the Michael Myers are invisible to tracker and thermal sights.
- Fixing bug where the playercards in Squad Reports were only updated if you went into the friends list or squad mode first.
- Defaults loadouts correctly reflect the actual loadout in Private match.
- Free For All scoreboard adjustment.
- Fixed Trinity Rocket cancellation issue.
- MP Lobby improvement for Character Display.
- Combat Knife stats accuracy improvement.
- Fixed friends list shuffle that would occur for clans that had members across platforms.
- Killcam no longer goes underground on Warhawk.
- Improved audio ambient system in Multiplayer.
- Fixed Squads issue that would change mode icon when playing with a split screen guest.
- Fixed core playlist selection reset issue.
- Private match loadout bug fix.
- Additional customization options added for Infected in Private match.
- Improvements to Infected game mode.
- Optimization to generic UI elements.
- Fixed issue that could occur when squad member had specialist set as streak reward.
- Fixed minor VFX issue.
- Fixed under water killstreak exploit.
- Increased XP earned from completed Operations.
- Fixed issue that occurred when leader would leave clan.
- Fixed Bromance Clan Op issue.
- Fixed viewmodel loss issue in Safeguard.
- Fixed rare challenges issue in Safeguard.
- Fixed issue where some achievements could not be earned when moving from current generation to next generation platforms.
- Optimized some FX to improve game stability and performance.
- Fixed Trinity rocket issue where black/white overlay would remain on screen.
- Fixed Trinity rocket issue where laptop could not be put away.
- Improvements to the "Leper" challenge so that it appears closer to players.
- Added "COD Account" selection to the Extinction menu to improve account linking for Extinction players.
- Fixed bug where the "Death Machine" could obtain specialty ammunition.
- Fixed issue where players defaulted to pistol after revival.
- Fixed issue with accepting invites from custom Extinction matches where players would lose menu focus.
- Fixed issue where double XP was not resetting when going into solo, custom or split screen lobbies.
- Added a double XP icon to the Extinction lobby for when double XP is active.
- Fixed trophy issues where players could not plant any more trophies even though it had not been depleted after throwing a hypno-knife.
- Fixed issue where Feral Instincts would not default back to normal view after it depleted.
- Added the rank and icon to the Extinction end game scoreboard.
- Fixed issue where challenge timer would not appear when joining a game while a challenge is active.
- Fixed issue where Relic bonus was not appearing in the end game scoreboard.
- Balancing tweaks to the Sentry Gun and Death Machine abilities.
- Added ranks to the in game splash notification message when a player ranks up.
- Added player Patches to splash notifications for deployment items.
- The Riotshield icon now tracks ammo while the shield is stowed.
- Fixed issue where players would have no weapon on ladders.
- Fixed issue where players would lose their weapon after getting off a ladder.
|Dec. 23, 2013|
- Heavy Duty mode.
- 5 squad points granted to each soldier at the initial 5 levels of progression.
- New loadouts added to Infected mode.
- Reduction in the flinch benefit of the Focus perk for Sniper Rifles.
- ADS speed reductions and further adjustments to Sniper Rifle settings.
- Field Order adds 100xp on pickup.
- Fix for unlimited perks.
- Invisible exploit fix.
|Dec. 12, 2013|
- Fixed PSM crash with smoke grenade.
- Fixed an issue where the Squad Reports Screen would occasionally hang on a black screen.
- Fixed black screen issue that would occasionally occur in clan wars bonus playlist.
- Fix for a rare bots crash.
- Improved operations functionality.
- MSBS Range reduced.
- MSBS no longer 2 shot kill to arms and lower legs (rewards accuracy).
- Fire rate on MSBS and Burst Fire Attachment reduced.
- Added warning if video settings are likely to cause game to run low on VRAM resulting in low-res textures.
- nVidia hair simulation update.
- Fix for inability to bring up friends menu with mouse while in create-a-soldier.
- Fix for Private Match showing an empty stats screen after a match.
- Fix for past title entitlements not appearing properly.
- Fixed issue that would occur when having hardline as last perk with specialist.
- Fixed inconsistencies between SP and MP for a few patches and backgrounds.
- Fixed rare issue with blinking objects (IED, SAT COM) if player left shortly after using.
- Added no enemy callouts to incog perk description.
- Fixed an issue where connecting to a Squads game could potentially see the buttons/title for an incorrect Squad mode.
- Menu optimization for clan wars.
- Fix for going to the store from the create-a-soldier menu.
- Fixed incorrect indexing of perks with squads that had defined loadouts.
- Fixed bots so they can open doors (Warhawk/Freight).
- Fix for splitscreen issue when going to the store.
- Blitz bug fixes.
- Host migration timer bug fixes.
- Fix for potentially not showing the in game "controller removed" popup.
- Fixed splitscreen UI bug where the dom capture bar would be in the way of the reticle.
- Fixed a couple bugs with the new icon.
- Fix to clear unlock data when leaving post game lobbies to prevent seeing online unlock in offline modes and vice versa.
- Added scrolling animation to social feed ticker.
- Fix to validate reticle type even when switching sights.
- Fixed long pause when enabling eSports mode after returning from non-eSports game mode.
- Fixed a bug where the bomb planting bar would flash when spectating someone who planted the bomb earlier in the match.
- Added icon to indicate bomb carrier on scoreboard in eSports mode.
- Fix for sound issue when seeker explodes.
- Fix for final escape being broken by player jumping off cliff after nuke activation.
- Fix for drill disappearing when grabbing the drill after using SOFLAM.
- Fixed unlimited weapon glitch in first contact.
- Fixed animation issue when pressing RT before riotshield was out.
|Nov. 26, 2013|
- Improved framerate performance when traversing moving platforms.
- Improved latency for AMD graphics cards.
- Improved performance issues caused by spamming.
- Improved shader warming and level load performance.
- Fixed crash in CODeSports play.
- Fixed spawn crash for specific maps/modes.
- Improved usability of broadcaster HUD.
- Additional animations added for broadcaster mode.
- Improved steam friends functionality.
- Fixed smoke flickering and graphical corruption within blurred area of dual render scope.
- Re-enabled fur and smoke DLLs from nVidia.
- Fixed a few map specific spawn issues .
- Fixed lobby migration closing the create a class screen.
- Fixed not showing attachments and weapon camo for players while in private match lobby.
- Fixed dog's extended kill not showing properly in final killcam.
- Fixed loadouts appearing restricted if a restricted perk was selected in specialist strike package even though specialist wasn't equipped.
- Fixed split screen UI issue that could potentially leave player in a bad state.
- Fixed issue when selecting store from squads.
- Fix to remember spectator team when switching to freecam in broadcaster mode.
- Fixed issue with loading into specific maps with ghost mask equipped.
|Nov. 19, 2013|
- #CODeSports option added, providing further MLG support; Contains a Broadcast mode and the ability to enable the latest MLG ruleset in both online Private Matches and System Link.
- Nvidia SLI performance improvements.
- AMD performance improvements, reducing in-game hitching on cards with 1Gb RAM.
- CPU performance optimization for PC’s with less than 4 cores.
- Changed the less than 6Gb RAM minimum spec. fence from a blocking error to a warning screen.
- 4k display option added.
- Fixed a rare crash when quitting out of an MP match while calling in a squad mate with a riot shield equipped.
- Fixed a crash which occurred when renaming a loadout as the match was starting.
- Fixed a crash when the host of a Wargame match could crash if they are pulled out of the match while in a 5 player party.
- Fixed an MP Siege rare crash on load.
- Numerous other MP in-game stability fixes.
- Further spawn logic improvements.
- Fixed a spawn exploit where players would always respawn at their team spawn within the first 15 seconds of a game, even if an enemy was nearby.
- Increased XP rewards slightly for Operations and early tier weapon challenges.
- Added leaderboard for Search and Destroy game mode.
- Numerous map exploit fixes in MP and Extinction.
- Numerous Anti-Cheat fixes.
- Fixed collision bugs on multiple maps.
- Infected now has its maximum players increased to 18 players.
- Care package stacking exploit fix.
- Increased Search and Destroy XP to give 10x XP instead of 5x XP.
- Search and Destroy, now has its own online playlist.
- Fixed a very rare bug where player couldn't get their first squad member.
- Fulllscreen, Alt+Tab and Minimizing bug fixes.
- Improved character models rendering, when viewing players with the Gryphon.
- Accuracy fix for Steam cloud-storage space check.
- Spectator movement improvements.
- Further support for the COD App.
- Clan tags no longer missing a bracket when viewed in-game.
- Dedicated server bug fixes.
- Moving the game over to a second monitor is now saved.
- Fix for seeing empty player name when joining a game in progress.
- Reduced upwards velocity when performing a melee charge.
- ADS while moving in a remote turret is now allowed.
- Dog no longer twitch when player is too close.
- Blur effect from being underwater persisted in killcam when player was killed with trinity rocket.
- Ping for bots now returns a more accurate 0ms.
- Fixing mouse scroll not working on the final scoreboard.
- Fixed a very rare issue where the left pistol could shoot two bullets instead of one.
- Preferred weapon stat in the player stats lobby page, is now accurate.
- Vehicle explosions sometimes did not appear in killcams; fixed.
- Fixed a bug in the Single player space mission; minimum specification PC’s sometimes failed the start of the mission due to being thrown into space at high velocity.
- Fixed a rare issue with corpses flickering after prolonged play.
- Disable the create clan button when the service is unavailable.
- Added error popup to the Call of Duty Account button when the service is down.
- Added an error message on the Clan section of the Friends List when the service is down.
- When losing internet connection, then attempting to modify a loadout's perks, the game now returns you to the main menu.
- Updated video graphics option to query for TXAA support.
- Balanced the Focus Perk's view-kick scale.
- Fixed bug where clan tag colors were not showing up on Clan Details page.
- Fixed an issue where mantling while going through a blitz portal would sometimes not teleport the players.
- Adding patch & background reward for Call of Duty Account Registration.
- In Extinction, fixed a rare issue where the alien wouldn’t retreat.
- On exit from the graphics options, the “Apply Settings” prompt was appearing when nothing had been changed; fixed.
- Fixed an issue in Extinction when the hive chopper wouldn’t show up if an attack chopper was bought during a very specific window of time.
- Fix for sometimes spawning from last stand without a weapon in hand in Extinction.
- Fix for a few last stand revive weapon bugs in Extinction.
- Added new MP spawn music.
- Fixed an issue with the ammo counter sometimes not showing up properly in safeguard.
- Fixed a rare issue where the Score/XP popup (i.e., +100) didn’t appear when killing a player in Squads Mode.
- Changing the leaderboard filter then scrolling would sometimes cause the user to be sent back to a previous menu screen, fixed.
- Fixed performance issues when quickly mouse scrolling with the wheel through leaderboards.
- We now show dog tags to spectators in Search and Rescue.
- Ensured the ratchet sound only plays when first entering the summary after a game.
- Replace generic unlock icon (head/helmet/uniform) with text description of item.
- Fixed a bug with shooting down a heli sniper with a gryphon.
- Riot shield assists challenge balancing.
- Fixed bug where if you moved the mouse over the member list you couldn’t go left with a gamepad.
- Fixed operation completion bonus to account for multi-tier operations rolling over.
- Improved UI messages to explain rewards.
- Added a "Track Operation" button helper text in the operation selection menu.
- Make it so the CoD Anywhere confirm button does not disappear when you back out of a field edit popup.
- Fix for mismatched player cards in extinction mode.
- Added thermal hybrid scope hint in extinction HUD.
- Fixed an issue where backing out of a certain error popup would cause the player to sit in a lobby that wouldn't fill up in Squad Assault.
- Fixed unlocalized text in the Extinction unlock screen for Extinction abilities.
|Nov. 15, 2013|
- Hardcore Team Deathmatch re-spawn delay has been changed from 15 to 5 seconds.
- Core Search and Destroy has been added to the playlists
|Nov. 10, 2013|
- Improved operations functionality.
- UI Bug Fixes
- Fixed issue with splitscreen players rank.
- Fixed a rare crash with specific private match settings.