10 Replies Latest reply: Jan 5, 2014 4:29 PM by SnapOn RSS

FOR THOSE INTERESTED IN GETTING A CREDIT FOR YOUR COD GHOST PURCHASE ON STEAM........

Steam wont give you your money back but they should give you a credit for another purchase. They did that for me today. You must contact support and make a support ticket with full details of your problem(s). It may take a few days and some messages but you should get it. MODERATORS PLEASE LEAVE THIS HERE, PEOPLE HAVE A RIGHT TO KNOW THIS! Thx

• Re: FOR THOSE INTERESTED IN GETTING A CREDIT FOR YOUR COD GHOST PURCHASE ON STEAM........

Keep in mind it must be due to problem with the game not running properly on your computer, not for hackers, campers, boosters, spawn campers etc. You know what I mean! lol

• Re: FOR THOSE INTERESTED IN GETTING A CREDIT FOR YOUR COD GHOST PURCHASE ON STEAM........
    Jok3sta

what if you didnt purchase your game from steam?

You need to open a support ticket on this (Activision) website and ask for a refund. They have no right sell a product that doesn't work as described and make you wait until they decide to release a fix, that is if they are able to fix it or want to. In my case no muttiGPU support for Crossfire was enough for me to ask for a credit from Steam. Do it, they will respond with an RMA, watch. Good luck!

350zx10r

how do you open a ticket, I only see 2 options. to chat which is unavailable at the moment or via tweeter. I DO NOT have a tweeter account.

arkantos91

Opening a support ticket or having a live chat on Activision's website to ask for a refund is useless.

I did it twice and both times they told me Activision cannot refund anything no matter what.

They say to go to your retailer for a refund but as you (and Activision too) perfectly know, they won't refund **** since you have already used the Steam Activation code for your Ghosts.

It's so unfair a class action would be needed toward IW and Activision... I am feeling robbed!

SnapOn

I have asked my retailer for a Ghosts refund...and got it, a refund !! Spent it right then on BF4 lol.

The OP is saying he got a credit from Steam, via a Steam Support Ticket. He purchased from Steam

If you purchased from Activision, send them the link to this post telling them Steam are setting an example by giving an account Credit for Ghosts, therefore Activision has the means to do this.... insist on a result, you are within your consumer rights, regardless of the crap they tell you.

arkantos91

I purchased my retail copy from GameStop and they won't refund **** because I have used the Steam activation code!

They say it's not their fault if the game is **** and I should complain to Activision asking them for a refund.

Activision says go to your retail for a refund.

And my retailer (GameStop) says: go to Activision for a refund.

How did you managed to get a refund if your retail copy has been activated and permanently linked to your Steam Account 0.o ?!?

Your retailer at least seems to be honest... GameStop in Italy are ******* robbers and have no respect for customers at all

SnapOn

So the virgin I spent my freedom to marry her, so I could play her, turned out to be insane. So I divorced her, got my freedom back. How could I do this?... Law says I can. We're talking human commodities here....not a crappy game.

....But a Steam activation? Overrides everything? Steam is it's own democracy? Steam is GOD??

That's their problem, not yours...you live in a REAL WORLD and don't give a freak about Steam. 'You knowingly sold me broken instant crap! Refund, NOW'!!

Activision does not have policies for warranty and defects, and if they did, they are irrelevant. That is left to the State Laws of Consumer Protection where purchased.

That's what they're counting on - making you're the problem, not the game....a lot of people will bend over and happily take it - 'oooh do that to me one more time' !!

If you're living in a country with no consumer laws ... well great, no laws, a wild place..won't give refund, really punk? It's the Wild West, you could do what you like, and they would give you more than your money back.

But if you do live in a democracy, there are laws covering ALL consumers against ALL sharky retailers, goods and services. Some retailers  will make up their own fairyland warranty laws... that is illegal if contradiction to state laws.

Some are idiots and don't know it. Google consumer protection laws. Print them out a copy and shove it in their face.