28 Replies Latest reply: Jul 26, 2013 7:03 AM by jeepchick RSS

GHOSTS CONFIRMED FOR WII U, THOUGHTS?

Aioz

so ghosts has been confirmed for wii u, what do u think people, will you make the purchase right away this november, or will you rather wait to see if this community gets the support, DLC and other content it deserves to make your decision?

• Re: GHOSTS CONFIRMED FOR WII U, THOUGHTS?
    barolb

Not going to buy it, although i'll watch closely how sales and everything will be. I'd have to get it dirt cheap for me to consider it worth it.

I am being VERY harsh, but i can't throw $60 away every year on games that don't work properly. Black Ops 2 multiplayer is plagued with alot of issues and problems; the game its self has caused my Wii U to freeze as well. Paying another $60 for a game like that would be a slap in the face to my parents when they tell me to be 'smart' with money, and not to throw it away like an idiot. If the game was supported completely and many of these issues were fixed, i'd feel ALOT better about having paid so much for it. You learn the value of money the hard way...

My thoughts about this reveal: I'm pretty well shocked at the news. After Mark Rubin's comment that the Wii U version is unknown and even he didn't know if it would exist, i had almost no expectations for Ghosts to actually come to the console, but a 'what if situation' at most. Since it's coming to the console, i hope Treyarch isn't the one porting it, but it is Infinity Ward themselves who is doing it. If you want Treyarch to port the game, then the game won't have support longer than 2-4 months, and most definitely not DLC either. Its not their game, so they shouldn't be looking after it in the first place. Infinity Ward has that obligation and should look after their own creation; that's why i'd hope that they are the ones porting the game. The game would then have a chance at fair support and possibly DLC.

LastShadowCOD

I posted this on another thread - according to Game Informer Ghosts is not coming out for wiiu.

Where do you see a "confirmation"?

LinkHdz97

man, you beat me, i was gonna post the news...lol. but its great news, because the only reason i play these games is due to the wii remote.

@lastshadowCOD, i saw the official confirmation on treyarch's twitter page.

Ryumaou

I will definitely buy it but not in the release window. BO2 took about 3 months before I considered it as playable with the wii remote. This time I want to avoid these kind of frustrations.

Fortunately good software is finally rolling in for WiiU these days and will keep coming in the next months so I will have plenty of stuff keeping me entertained until I enter the new battle grounds early next year ready to get my butt kicked by all the people already knowing the maps (really looking forward to it)

BobbyMcGee

the only confirmation i need is there, wii u has its own forum on the ghost forum page. there is a link in the announcement that future title speculation is off topic, at the top of these forums. so yeah, its confirmed. will i be spending more money for unsupported junk that doesnt even work half a year down the road with no dlc? definitely not. if i buy it, big if, it will be second hand on ps4.

jliba12

I like how more non-cod fans who just want to support Activision so they will release Destiny on the Wii U are willing to buy this game than cod fans.

LastShadowCOD

This great news if true - but why isn't there any preorder stuff for it?

Discomurf

of course its coming

hate to say I told you so, but hey I told you so 

ThtGyNTheBckgrnd

Its a big mistake. Its being ported by treyarch, so we will lose support around the same time as we did with BO2 and i am sure that there will be no DLC.I might pick it up 2nd hand if it looks ok

Mcewok

I really want to buy this to keep the wii u going, My main console is the PS3 and will be PS4, I am a big Battlefield 3 ( and presumable 4) fan, so more than happy to keep playing COD on WII U but its hard when so few players, I am in New Zealand, so time is a factor, I can usually only get TDM and very rarely any other mode, If there will be thousands playing every day then great but at the moment i see around 400-1000 which means joining games other than TDM is a pain, also no DLCs. 

maybe ( as others said) wait until release, see what the reaction is like and pick up a copy then, unless its 100% confirmed DLCs etc are gonna happen.

Aioz

MY POIN EXACTLY,  wait till i see it has better support than BO2 and maybe even DLC to buy it, there were people telling me that i should buy it from the very start and that if we dont buy it at its release we wont have enough player base to have dlc, well guess what? i supported BO2 from the very release date and nothing happened, so as a personal experience ill stick with the waiting to see how it goes, all others that think differently may buy it at launch.

like2nap03

My thoughts?  I love being right all the time. 

ichilenozo

why do I think it will have better sales?

1.- back during BO2 lauch the wiiU was also launching...so ppl had to decide between spending 300+ dollars in the WiiU and then decide what games to add....I would say ppl chose to go exclusives 1st (NSMBU, ZombiU, etc.) then games like BO2 afterwards (I would say 1/2 of the ppl who bought BO2 was cause motion controls)

2.- the install base of WiiUs was small. Now there are more ppl, willing to play games.

So as long as they support the wiimote, the sales should be up.

BUT.....we the ones who bought the BO2 at launch wont be that dumb this time around...we will wait and see the reviews and forums post about how the wiimote is being supported.

My take is that if the wiimote is not well supported, there is not incentive to buy Ghosts for WiiU, as ppl who like classic controllers have plenty of enemies to find in PS3/360.

I'm not gonna buy on launch day...I'm gonna wait, come to Ghost forums and hear the reviews/complains of noobs users about the wiimote...I'm not willing to go through the burden and headaches of BO2 launching window (6+ months)...I felt like a test mouse...so many patches screwing up the controls...so many setups I had to spend time finding and testing.

cheers

Treize

ichilenozo wrote:

So as long as they support the wiimote, the sales should be up.

No they won't if they treat the wiimote community like total **** like they did with BOII. At least we won't have to deal with Treyarch's incompetance this time around. Although I won't get it unless it's $20 or they nerfed aim assist greatly for controllers and/or they switch back to lag shooting over lag comp. (It's not worth playinga  twitch reflex game when you're a second behind everyone else.)

Phoenix_Squad

I think it'll sell well. Of course most of those sales will come from parents buying it for their annoying 12 year old son, but at least it's still selling. For all I care, they could do away with Wii mote support. I've gotten along very nicely using DA. People should honesty just stop complaining about the Wii mote. I used it from day one of the Wii, but more people should get use to DA. There's nothing wrong with it.

ichilenozo

Phoenix_Squad wrote:

I think it'll sell well. Of course most of those sales will come from parents buying it for their annoying 12 year old son, but at least it's still selling. For all I care, they could do away with Wii mote support. I've gotten along very nicely using DA. People should honesty just stop complaining about the Wii mote. I used it from day one of the Wii, but more people should get use to DA. There's nothing wrong with it.

So why wouln't ppl buy Ghost in the other consoles then?

In order for the WiiU to be competitive it has to offer things that the others aren't. MS offers NA network of friends and (as I've heard ) a nice controller, Sony offers good graphics and good mature exclusives.

The WiiMote support is crucial...I'm telling you 1/2 of COD players are so cause of the wiimotes...that's huge. No wiimote support, bye 1/2 of the sales...I can feel more accurate and happier playing PC anyways...in PC/mouse and WiiU/wiimote players need no aim assists at all!

PenguinAvenger

I'm waiting for a few months before I decide if I'll get it.  Make sure the support is there and that I like the game. Will most likely buy second hand with a $20 dollars off a used game coupon I have points for at gamestop. 

jeepchick

We're excited that you want to discuss this year's Call of Duty title, but, like any forum, organization is key. Please post all future title discussion in the board best suited for it in the new Call of Duty: GHOSTS Forum. (WiiU subforum: http://community.callofduty.com/community/call_of_duty/english/ghosts/forums/spa ces/ghosts_wii-u )

Threads which do not follow this request are subject to removal at our discretion as outlined in our Black Ops 2 Community Etiquette & Guidelines.

Stay Frosty!

Claire JeepChick | Forum Moderator: Modern Warfare, Black Ops, Ghosts
    Questions/Concerns/Quibbles/Comments? Send me a PM