18 Replies Latest reply: Jun 26, 2013 3:20 PM by highlandsparky RSS

Black Ops 2 vs Ghosts...

rustygun

So as Black Ops 2 begins to edge back into our dusty gaming cupboards, maybe to reapear on retro night, I need to ask myself and you guys...How did it really stand up against the all time greats?

For me, despite no hard core freeforall, and no ability to get dogs for two kills in a fun custom match, it really was up there with the best of em and heres why...

I loved the maps, I love the amount of opportunity to grab a vantage point overlooking streets and open areas, sorely missing on a majority of the maps from mw3. They reminded me of a cod 4 style if only a little smaller. Lots of colour and eye candy too.

I love the robots. To fill the pitch with AI set to recruit and a few human players last thing at night when most of my friends had gone to bed was a real blast and because robots were set to easy you could rack up the streaks. Great fun!

If there was room for imorovement...more customisation with killstreaks. hc freeforall. an all new small map (hijacked wasnt that small) and robots set to recruit that dont act like veteren!!!

Ghosts....well im worried that the maps will be too big, the player count too big and the gameplay too complicated and cluttered, just a feeling. This will be too pc and against what we all love about cod...Fast paced fun!!!

• Re: Black Ops 2 vs Ghosts...
    blarkw

I will put blops 2 away and not bring it back out. I would rather bring blops 1 out and give it a play before the steaming pile of poo that is blops 2.

I will be pulling away from COD in favor of BF4. I would rather give them my money at this point.

I will however rent Ghosts before I buy it. No more blindly throwing money at activison.

trialstardragon

Desitiny for me, maybe titansfall and maybe bf4, might give the new Halo a try too. Then again KI looks like it will be fun and Forza just looks amazing. Not really impressed with the way Ghosts looks or how it will play.

highlandsparky

trialstardragon wrote:

Desitiny for me, maybe titansfall and maybe bf4,

I'm also with Destiny and to my surprise titanfall as well....Map size and type shall determine whether or not I'll get Ghosts, I don't mind a few small maps but if it's anything like Blops 2's quality of maps, I'll be giving it a miss.

gdexter

Anything Ghost related at the moment is purely speculation.

ModernWelfare

Hey, what are you saying? MW2 and prior had "big" maps that weren't arena-styled and they all were better than what we've been getting as of late. These maps were well designed and looked like real places with plenty of stealth involved, without barriers everywhere and bad graphics (BO 1 & 2, mostly 2)

rustygun

Modernwelfare I wasnt complaining about mw2 and prior. I loved those maps, they were alk my favourite. Well apart from a few boring ones from mw2. But lets face it mw2 did bring back a load from cod 4 anyway!

I think a lot of the best maps were arena style if you really looked at them closely. Crash for instance where the main action happened was the two buildings with high vantage points overlooking the street. Similar scenarios existed for many clasdic favourites encouraging fun gameplay that made you think.

xmrythem

it was my favorite cod, however, this is also the 5th cod i've been on and the "magic" of cod is gone, and has been for awhile.

i'm excited for titanfall and the next gen games. I'm unsure if I will buy ghosts as I have been playing the series for so long. I want somehting new.

r8edtripx

I love Black Ops 2. The smaller maps, run-n-gun ways of Black Ops 2 are awesome. The Ghost perk in Black Ops 2 is BRILLIANT!! If you're not moving and you're not taking the risk, then you don't deserve to be hidden from the UAV.

I'm not a fan of snipers, so I like that hardscopers aren't protected from UAV. Quickscopers don't have fast ADS, so that made it fine with me. Despite what some claim, quickscoping is NOT easy, so I rarely run into beast quickscopers that can make a match frustrating.

Pick 10 system is really cool.

The Time To Kill is just right. No built in stopping power like MW3 which gives you "Instakills." A more skilled player still has time to beat a lesser player in Black Ops 2, even if the lesser player got the drop on him; This is key.

blarkw

Ghost is horrible and makes no sense in blops 2. Moving around should give yer position away, holding still would make you more invisible......OH WAIT....this is the same game that has inflatables as bullet stops.

Blops 2 is a mockery of the former seriers. imo.

A new game should be better then the pervious, not the other way around.

BF4 and titanfall will be the new games for me. I've even started playing BF3 due to the blandness that has become blops 2.

r8edtripx

blarkw wrote:

Ghost is horrible and makes no sense in blops 2. Moving around should give yer position away, holding still would make you more invisible.....

I can't agree with you there. In a video game, I want to keep things moving. The risk/reward approach Treyarch took with the Black Ops 2 Ghost perk is perfect. Keep it moving and take the bigger risk of getting killed and you're rewarded with stealth.

No matter what term anyone wants to use, if you're not moving around enough to keep the Ghost perk active... You're camping.

Although there will always be camping, the BO2 Ghost took away their stealth, and I applaud Treyarch for this.

Darkdyllon

black ops 2 has the worst lag compensation i have ever seen.

MW3 was good in the beginning (to me atleast) and then they tweaked it.

in black ops 2 i get more rubber banded then ever.

seeing more noob usage like target finding LMGs camping in a corner.

personally the maps were what killed this game.

hijacked was overplayed really fast and so was slums.

then you had people running around with a PDW shooting across the map withoud problems.

in COD ghosts i hope they fix the majority of the lag problems(if not the current gen i hope the next gen)

SitRepPro

You're worried that the maps in Ghosts will be too big?  If form is anything to go by they will be, on average, smaller than the ones in BO2 so sprint monkeys can go on mini-rampages hipfiring with their SMGs without having to think much when navigating the map so they evade being picked off by weapons that champion marksmanship.

r8edtripx

SitRepPro wrote:

You're worried that the maps in Ghosts will be too big?  If form is anything to go by they will be, on average, smaller than the ones in BO2 so sprint monkeys can go on mini-rampages hipfiring with their SMGs without having to think much when navigating the map so they evade being picked off by weapons that champion marksmanship.

I really hope Ghosts has small maps for us sprint monkeys. Run-n-Gun, baby!

"...picked off by weapons that champion marksmanship." You may not have meant it this way, but this statement reeks of camper. I'm hoping Ghosts is not camper friendly.

SitRepPro

Nope.  I just like variety, strategy and method.  Perhaps I should play Gun Game since I loved its equivalent in Gears from what I've played on it and I don't play on much CTF any more since my friends don't play on BO2 much now.  When ever Hijacked and Nuketown gets voted, unless I'm working on weapon targets such as camo stuff, I'll whip out my LMG with the Target Finder and run and gun with it spraying it like no tomorrow out of pure petulance in how often the map gets voted.  Made a fair amount of players rage quit when I dropshot with an LMG too.  COD4 was fine I thought as there was only one joke of a map that was just a clustered madness in Shipment.

In this game I've seen more people kill me corner camping with ARs and SMGs than being picked off by those who camp with weapons that errr are designed for camping with.  And let's not forget the worm, which is usually a guy planting an Assault Shield with a Remington shotgun.  I just chuck EMP grenades on the stairs so the Trophy System can't kill them and then toss a C4.  If there's a team doing it then I usually use a SMAW or RPGs, Scavenger, Danger Close etc.

I like to run and gun myself but when you have CQC becoming more and more prevalent and a billion scorestreaks, people playing on shared/bad connections, players getting matched all over the world, developers not making host selection the best it could be, and people wonder why this game lags?  I'm more amused by the amount of headglitch spots this game has and that MLG hasn't dumped it on map balance grounds.  I'd rather be killed by a sniper who spent 0.4 seconds and killed me in one shot than some MLG wanna be pro with his AN-94 registering 15% of his bullets on me behind headglitch spots.

May be I should give Counter Strike a try.  It's generally considered amore skillful than COD from what I gather.

trialstardragon

You may love small maps but not all that play CoD does. Some of us acutally prefer and want the bigger maps of WaW to come back to the series and not all of these rush maps where its all about r-n-g. Or as like to call it headless chicken gaming or adrenaline monkey gaming.

SitRepPro

This.  Seelow, Makin etc.  And then perhaps people who prefer CQC combat can stop moaning about shotguns and quickscopers because ummm her derrr that is what happens when you make engagements short distanced.

rustygun

Good replies guys. Lets get it straight what I want from ghosts tho. Im with you guys on run n gun cod, I think thats all it is now and its not as addictive, but you do need the fast party map ie shipment at the end of the night for a fun finally!

I too want waw cod 4 style maps, lots of vantage points so run n gunners are presented with a risk, not from players camping in a corner killing people from  feet away but players with skill that can use an assault rifle with kick successfully.

I just want to see a variation of play styles, no one ever moaned about cod4 maps...this is the type of variety we need, large medium and small. I just dont want massive bf3 style maps with helis and stuff and 60 players. Cod needs to be fast, not as in getting shot every second but seeing multiple targets frequently. Its a fine balance.

smokeypervert

No zombies = same irritating multiplayer over and over again even if it's good!! Black ops 2 wins = 3 games in one, not just 2.