22 Replies Latest reply: Dec 10, 2012 4:28 PM by TBERGER5 RSS

PLEASE Change Hardcore Capture the Flag

i play hardcore capture the flag alot, i really want treyarch to hide the kill sign when someone has the flag.....

• Re: PLEASE Change Hardcore Capture the Flag
    IRLClan

Why? So you can camp with the flag? This is to promote a more intense structure of gameplay in HCTF.

I'm currently ranked as quite high up in HCTF and my clan, the IRL Clan, our gamemode is also HCTF and they also approve of the change.

r33k

actually they still cant camp the flag. it would actually be nice if some people would camp t eh flag in the real; meaning of that, by actually defending.

no, the kill sign is dumb. if you ever play CTF in BLOPS 1 you will understand how much more fun it is when you dont have that dumb marker foating around (only seen in minimap with spy plane IF runner does not have ghost). its more fun to scout out the flag carrier than to know EXACTLY WHERE THEY ARE. those aids are for noobs and noobs should stay out of hardcore please. well, i suppose you can still play. you can pad my kill streaks lol.

rlbl

All I can say is: LOL

BuX

O.o that's stupid... just saying.

MrJDubbs11

I agree with the OP.  As someone who nearly exclusively plays HC CTF and is a flag runner. 

There is a certain strategy for running flags and forward progress is not always the best choice. 

As a flag runner your only choice is now speed.

Also, we are playing a team game, communication is key to winning and the "kill me" icon takes all of that out of play. 

I would also add that you are at a strategic disadvantage as the flag carrier when both flags are out.  Your enemy knows where you are but you can't see where they are.  If I choose to run ghost give me the benefit of not having to deal with that icon above my head. 

I am not one to hold flags unless people are finishing a kill streak or they are calling in a care package.  In those instances I will give them time to use the streak before capturing but this is not holding the flag for 5 minutes this is 30 seconds to 1 minute at most. 

SmokeyCheese1

Yep - totally agree to do this in Hard Core Mode.

The devs totally ruined any kind of strategy by adding these things in the game. WHilst I do love a good arcade shooter - which this clearly is - I also like the ability to formulate a plan to get my team the W. This cant happen with noob tags floating around everywhere.

ChonnyMc

I think they should remove the Kill sign from HCTF as well. It is stupid! That was the worst move / change for HCTF! I will bet there are more people who want this gone than not. That is what made the game in Black Ops 1. Why change a good thing? They should just have it in Core and not in Hardcore that way the ones who want it, can go play core. You can't camp because if you sit still, you will show up on the radar. It makes it more strategic and more fun to remove it. PLEASE REMOVE IT!

bleedorange

This is a terrible idea and would basically kill the CTF playlist in my opinion. It makes it so that literally the only way you can play CTF is is you have a full team of 6. Otherwise, if you get stuck in a lobby with two teammates in party chat, or one teammate who doesn't have a mic, you would either be forced to back out of the lobby and restart your search, or play the game knowing you are basically doomed to failure.

I don't believe not having a kill sign on the flag carrier would be your biggest problem if you have teammates like the scenario you provided nor will it help your cause. CTF is a team based playlist and communication is always important when playing HC unless it's FFA (R.I.P.)

limonaid

I agree with the OP. Once the enemy captures the flag you should not know their exact location... nor should it give away your position if you carry the enemy's flag.

It really doesn't matter though, I'll admit... it's 2025.

bleedorange

It doesn't show their exact position. It only shows where they were at one exact moment, and updates every 5 or so seconds. As long as the carrier doesn't sit still, you never truly know where they are. Also, without the indicator, there's a chance you might spend full games with both teams holding each other's flag while they each search for where the carrier is hiding. Also, it could screw teams over if one dominant player would just camp, hold the flag and never attempt to capture it just to run up their own score/killstreaks.

Agreed.

trialstardragon

No, the main reason why anyone wants this is so they can go hide with the flag and then let their team build up score streaks for the next round, and wait to cap until the last few seconds. That is what happens in almost every ctf where teh marker did not exist.

The maker was put it to combat this particular game style. so as long as gamers think they should have the right to do that and not play the objcective correctly. Then no, the kill marker should remain.

Then the flag should be like Ghost in this game. If you sit on the flag only then should the kill sign pop up, but to be honest the kill sign is what teams that hold the flag for kills want. They put the flag at the end of a choke point and kill everyone running towards the little orange square.

I want to be able to grab the enemy flag kill a few people on the way out and not be a target on the map for every enemy to know where I am on my way back to my flag.

trialstardragon

Now that would be a feasible choice, except sometimes the flag runner keeps moving to make it harder for the other team to kill them, but still does not try to cap.

Really if they were going to take away the marker they should give a set time to cap, what ever is the most logical path, anything over that time and the flag resets, so players cannot camp the flag.

r33k

it does happen. guess when that happens?..you thinkin yet?..YES!! it happens in games WHERE PEOPLE SUCK.

so, in order to combat that, my suggestion is...GET BETTER.

no no no you say. let your tears run forth and fill the dry vally's with a plentitude of water so as the developers shall heed your cries and see your terror that has been unfolded upon you.

and before you respond...it STILL happens when the KILL icon is present. why? THATS RIGHT!...because some people just suck at CTF.

CTF was perfect in black ops 1. There was no reason to change it because campig with the flag was never a big issue and I know because it is the only game mode I played in black ops 1. It would be even less of an issue in black ops 2 because the maps are so small. The flag carrier would be easy to find. Why not just change I go if you have ghost on you will not show up on the map if you are moving? There is no element of suprise with the kill icon above you. It forces teams to run the same routes ever time where as when you don't have it on the flag carrier can be very creative. Makes for a way better game. Bring back Black ops 1 CTF. It is simply better

r33k

i agree with all you have said. blops1 HC CTF was the best ever. all it takes is a day or so to know where people usually hide the flag. its so simple and with proper team communication(which there was PLENTY of in that game and still is!) it was easy to find that bastard.

the only ADVANTAGE now by having the kill sign is that i can just run around with the flag and people will find me..then i can enjoy lots of 200 point kills as the carrier. HERE COMES THE SCORE STREAKS. hahahaha.

undzis

I agree with the OP. like many aspects of this game. The devs have taken strategy and stealth out this game.  Bo1 has been by far the best CoD.  In BO you had the choice of either being slower but stealthy or much much faster but very much visible.  CoD really needs to stop catering to noobs and scrubs that just want to have the game played their way.  Their should be a variety of ways to play. not just one playstyle. That removes the skill of having to adapt to different players and different players style of playing.  Same can be said about maps too. why do all maps have to be small?  expand the maps and make them bigger and spawns will prob themselves.

r33k

in the next COD, they will make the flag carrier glow red and be visible through walls. just like seeing equipment with the engineer perk and enemy players will be completly invisible to the flag carrier.

in addition, the flag carrier's gun shall be reduced to shooting popcorn at 20fps and his movement slowed down to that of being stunned by a stun nade.

pls enjoy.

xmrythem

this won't change, and it shouldn't. Do you know how badly you can skew your PPM by running with the flag and no marker, especially in HC? It would also promote camping which is what this game set out to counter act. By being able to hide with the flag would really ruin the way this game is set up. It worked in the original blackops because Blackops is not Blackops 2.

Having the entire team see the flag helps push the action, and it does a really good job at it. It would be a shame if this changed.

That's bull I don't think it promotes camping at all. Especially if you show up on the uav if not moving. They have already done a good job to stop camping. If anything I think it would promote a lot more captures because I know a lot of players don't like to grab the flag because they are a sitting duck with it. How is it a problem if the flag carrier tries to get kills with the flag? I am okay with that because it means he isn't capping it and gives me a better chance to win. It has nothing to do with driving the pace it just shows the direction the flag is going. At least with out it you are forced to communicate and figure where the flag is going.