5 Replies Latest reply: Jun 11, 2012 8:57 AM by ArmsOfSorrow RSS

List of needed features for dedi's in MW3

-CrazyMoFo-

Here's a list for Candice of what needs to be done asap to fix the dedicated servers in MW3. (besides the most obvious fix of making them ranked of course, which is the only thing that can save MW3 in my eyes)

Sure chances are we won't see any of these fixes, but I figure lets keep our fingers crossed, give our new community team members the benefit of the doubt and see what they can do with a list. Please add anything I've missed (and try to keep the suggestions within reason)

-Server browser needs to be ON by default.

-Creating classes for unranked dedi's should be accessable via a "class editor" button in the server browser (not hidden in private match lobby)

-Server DVARS should ALL be unlocked so we can change virtually any setting. (It is unranked after all, no reason why we shouldn't be able to set anything the way we want just like in CoD4)

-Proper server logs

-Support for modding (mainly allow the promod for competitions and RCON tools for server admins instead of releasing patches to break/block them)

-Allow leveling up, unlocking items, prestiging etc on unranked, and keep it seperate from ranked (so you can level up and prestige on either ranked w/leaderboard or unranked w/o leaderboard.)

^^ That's all I can think of atm, will add more later

Hopefully if they don't give us ranked dedi's maybe they'll finally fix the damage they did to the unranked dedi's. After all at this point sabotaged unranked dedi's aren't forcing people into P2P, they're forcing people to quit the game altogether.

As of this moment the only reason MW3 is still installed on my PC is because there's a microscopic chance that they might fix the dedi's... I figure this is their last chance, if there are no changes (either by fixing unranked or adding ranked) by the time DLC 2 launches, I'll be forced to consider MW3 a dead game, and it will sadly be uninstalled.

Oh and on a side note for the folks in charge at Activision to consider... I did not buy DLC 1, and will not be buying any DLC for MW3... yet if you were to release a patch that gave us proper CoD4 style ranked dedicated servers (that worked without tons of bugs/glitches) I would get DLC 1 immediately, and would undoubtedly buy every DLC map pack released for MW3 (even those after BO2 launches)... I would also be alot more interested in BO2, and the next CoD title after that....  as of now I have zero interest in any future CoD title (and it's all because of P2P matchmaking) so giving us proper dedi's and support can only help sales in the long run..

• Re: List of needed features for dedi's in MW3

Well done.

I seriously hope they'll do something, because it's getting more and more annoying. Today I couldn't even find a match without lag, and this happened even in the most populated playlist (which is TDM).

Oh, and the "resources" argument doesn't seem very valid. Wait, I forgot that all the devs that were capable enough of coding for PC (or just copy-pasting code from an older title) are gone. Seriously, dedis could be done by a single person (if that person is competent enough, of course). If you can't improve your own game with your own dev tools, then ask NTAuthority for help. He wouldn't even need your SDK for fixing all the stuff that you ****** up.

Sorry for the rage, but I'm just fed up with playing that lagfest, that soon even won't have players any more.

You hit it pretty well on the head Crazy: i can't think of anything to add really except that this would fix MOST of the issues that are caused by lagnet

Poison_pawn POC

bump (inb4 thread disappears from the main page).

-CrazyMoFo-

bump

also I'd like to add... Since the guys at AlterIWnet were able to make proper dedicated servers, there is absolutely NOTHING that should be stopping the developer of the game, a HUGE gaming company, from releasing a patch for MW3 to give it true CoD4 style dedicated servers.

Seriously...

Huge gaming company with insane amounts of profit from previous CoD titles, and they made the entire game = can't give us ranked dedi's

Small group of a few guys with ZERO profit from any CoD titles and not involved with making the game = able to give ranked dedi's easily.

AlterIWnet proved for a 100% fact that it would be easy for Activision/IW/SH to give us proper dedicated servers.

I believe they said we will get ranked dedi's if they can "find the resources" to do so...If that is true then we will get ranked dedi's soon... If we do not then it's just another lie they fed us, as they clearly have more than enough "resources" to give us proper dedicated servers (both ranked and unranked)

-CrazyMoFo- wrote:

also I'd like to add... Since the guys at AlterIWnet were able to make proper dedicated servers, there is absolutely NOTHING that should be stopping the developer of the game, a HUGE gaming company, from releasing a patch for MW3 to give it true CoD4 style dedicated servers.

Except their greedy publisher, maybe. Sarcasm aside, but seeing that the MW2 dedicated server system was done by reverse engineering (by a single person mostly), i think it's just embarassing for a game developer to be unable to create something similar for their own game with having their own dev tools.

-CrazyMoFo- wrote:

I believe they said we will get ranked dedi's if they can "find the resources" to do so...If that is true then we will get ranked dedi's soon... If we do not then it's just another lie they fed us, as they clearly have more than enough "resources" to give us proper dedicated servers (both ranked and unranked)

Maybe all their software and network engineers went to Respawn. (sarcasm is intended)