37 Replies Latest reply: Feb 5, 2011 8:07 PM by markocc RSS

XXXXX   Chopper Gunners need a fix (video)!   XXXXX

AGVZ
Hello everyone, I'm here to talk about an issue that is now starting to affect me. I am a decent player, but not good enough to get Chopper Gunners and Attack Dogs every match, but when I do get my chopper gunner, it gets shot down instantly. I've done this before, and I felt bad, because I know how it feels, so now I don't do it anymore and instead I just hide.

Here's a video to show Treyarch how some players get rewarded for a 9 killstreak:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bx076QuyHAM&feature=feedu

Also, the person who posted the video made a comment saying "the fact is the chopper needs more flares and should be immune to lock on for the first 10 secs" and it has a lot of thumbs up.

Please take a look at this Treyarch.
  • Re: XXXXX   Chopper Gunners need a fix (video)!   XXXXX
    Brian.+
    Chopper gunners are hit and miss, some times you get a good team that will shoot it down, just because you get a killstreak, you aren't guaranteed kills. This game is about you and your gun, not you sitting in a chopper.
    Blackbird FTW!
    AGVZ

Brian.+ wrote:

Chopper gunners are hit and miss, some times you get a good team that will shoot it down, just because you get a killstreak, you aren't guaranteed kills. This game is about you and your gun, not you sitting in a chopper.

You don't need a good team to shoot down a Chopper Gunner. I've gotten Chopper Gunners shot down by players with M72 Law launchers. And in less than 15 seconds. As long as the other team has at least 2 people with M72 Laws, or 1 person with the Strela- 3, your Chopper Gunners aren't gonna last for more than 20 seconds like 95% of the time.
    AGVZ

tommy_zoom wrote:

Blackbird FTW!

Blackbird is good, but doesn't last very long either, so you don't get nearly as many kills as you would with a fixed Chopper Gunner.
    AGVZ

Brian.+ wrote:

But what if I EARNED a Chopper Gunner? If I get 9 kills without dieing I deserve the privilege of "sitting in a Chopper Gunner" and getting more kills. Right?
    cleanfacenow

AGVZ wrote:

Hello everyone, I'm here to talk about an issue that is now starting to affect me. I am a decent player, but not good enough to get Chopper Gunners and Attack Dogs every match, but when I do get my chopper gunner, it gets shot down instantly. I've done this before, and I felt bad, because I know how it feels, so now I don't do it anymore and instead I just hide.

Here's a video to show Treyarch how some players get rewarded for a 9 killstreak:

Also, the person who posted the video made a comment saying "the fact is the chopper needs more flares and should be immune to lock on for the first 10 secs" and it has a lot of thumbs up.

lol, i knew it was going to be WOR video before i clicked it.

but i do agree with him, i get shot down before i can even shoot people
    manilaboy1vic
    dont you hate that? people hear huey and get their launchers out.. what can you do?
    Senor.Pink

Brian.+ wrote:

Agreed. Whenever I only get 2-3 kills with a Chopper Gunner, I always think "Wow, they were ready to shoot it down".

It baffles me that people get mad that they don't rack up 10-15 kills with it.

It's like people want other people to willingly get killed by them.
    tkicks
    Basically, I was on Nuketown and got one, and before the doors even opened and the person grabs the gun I got shot the first time.  I then get 1 kill and it's shot down.  Honestly, a Spy Plane is more effective than a chopper and it takes at MOST 3 kills to get.  A chopper gunner takes more kills, which should mean it's more rewarding, but it's not rewarding in the least.  Obviously since I have a positive K/D and barely any chopper/gunship kills because they get shot down I don't rely on stuff besides my gun, but it's called a reward for a reason, and we're not getting the reward.  Honestly, I'd be fine if they made it so that only SAM turrets can take it down and it takes 3 shots from one, that'll never happen.  I guess if they made it so the first shot at it couldn't come until after 10 seconds from when you get to the map that would be fine too.
    Dazzzy
    if its in the sky and can be shot down im shooting it down.quit your crying and just deal with it.
    manilaboy1vic
    I wish there was a clear way to see what guy has a launcher out.  Like maybe a different color for him.. that would help
    tkicks

Dazzzy wrote:

if its in the sky and can be shot down im shooting it down.quit your crying and just deal with it.

You act like we're the ones crying, but you're shooting it down so you don't burst into your tears on your mom's shoulder.  Yeah, we gotta deal with the fact that people like you who suck massive testicles at this game and can't even build up an 8 killstreak with hardline to get a chopper cry on the inside while shooting it down because they feel that they're so good that if they can't have it nobody can.  That's what we gotta deal with, you, you should really be dealing with why you feel the need to act tough on the internet.
    kintosol
    The dogs would have solved that problem if you didn't called your chopper so soon.
    manilaboy1vic
    dogs are easy to kill.. just play zombies for a day or two
    Pall_Bearmasher(1)
    lmao that is HILARIOUS. bahahahaha
    You "earn the right" to killstreaks, not the right the get a certain amount of kills or a certain amount of time to get them in. If  your chopper (or other airborne killstreaks) are shot down constantly in a lobby, just change your killstreak set-up!
    skaaz74
    There fine as is.

If you don't want to take the risk of being shot down, pick a different reward.

A 10 second window to not be shot down, you just as well do away with the chopper and get 10 seconds of Invulnerability and Instant Kill on your character.
    kintosol

manilaboy1vic wrote:

dogs are easy to kill.. just play zombies for a day or two

Yea? and I'm sure you have fun killing dogs while a chopper gunner is up there.
    AGVZ

tkicks wrote:

Dazzzy wrote:

You act like we're the ones crying, but you're shooting it down so you don't burst into your tears on your mom's shoulder.  Yeah, we gotta deal with the fact that people like you who suck massive testicles at this game and can't even build up an 8 killstreak with hardline to get a chopper cry on the inside while shooting it down because they feel that they're so good that if they can't have it nobody can.  That's what we gotta deal with, you, you should really be dealing with why you feel the need to act tough on the internet.

OWNED!!! lol nice job man.
    AGVZ

AndyLassen wrote:

You "earn the right" to killstreaks, not the right the get a certain amount of kills or a certain amount of time to get them in. If  your chopper (or other airborne killstreaks) are shot down constantly in a lobby, just change your killstreak set-up!

No, if you earn a killstreak, you earn a REWARD for doing good. Is it really a reward to get on a chopper gunner for 5 seconds for a 9 killstreak? I don't think so.
    AGVZ

manilaboy1vic wrote:

I wish there was a clear way to see what guy has a launcher out.  Like maybe a different color for him.. that would help

This is a pretty good idea too.
    AGVZ

Dazzzy wrote:

You're probably saying it because you don't know what it feels like to unlock a Chopper Gunner, feel good about yourself for getting it as a reward for your effort, and then have it shot down immediately. I think it's safe to say you have less than 10 Chopper Gunners earned, counting the ones you get from Care Packages.
    sxgraphix
    I love shooting down Choppers Gunner and choppers...I find it fun.. I just wish I could hear the other guy crying about it..I have a launcher on everyone of my classes..If u can shoot it down why not? i don't want to be spawn trapped.. Just use Blackbird and Dogs...Plus with double xp weekend Im getting 1000 points per Chopper Gunner so please keep using them

AGVZ wrote:

the best killstreak is blackbird, no one can shot it down + you decide how many people you want to kill. Dying is rare, you know where enemy are and just kill them.
    And about the chopper, yes it's annoying. Chopper needs 2 flares.
    stlcardinal9sr
    Its called balance, and its works just fine...instead of wasting a killstreak for chopper gunner which you said its hard for you to get then use something more effective, like napalm, blackbird, mortar, spyplane, sam turret...etc...
    The 10 seconds is a good idea, but the chopper gunner still needs only two flares. Maybe the lock-on doesn't work as well (meaning that sometimes the launcher misses). The gunship needs 3 flares. Being able to control it isnt a good enough advantage for two more kills.
    joemiken

I've done this before, and I felt bad, because I know how it feels, so now I don't do it anymore and instead I just hide.

I'd be pissed if I was your teammate.  The object of the game is to win, not make sure no one's feelings are hurt.
    asystole

AGVZ wrote:

Brian.+ wrote:

But what if I EARNED a Chopper Gunner? If I get 9 kills without dieing I deserve the privilege of "sitting in a Chopper Gunner" and getting more kills. Right?

Nope, because if you pay attention while in the chopper, listen for the warning signals that someone is getting a lock on you. Those are the targets you need to find first. In  my experience, it's the lone red dot in the open on the edge of a map.
    free hint: use 10 sensivity while using chopper, it turns much faster.
    jacen-720
    i just look for the red dot thats not moving and take that out rarely ever get shot down right away i love the chopper gunner
    AGVZ

joemiken wrote:

I've done this before, and I felt bad, because I know how it feels, so now I don't do it anymore and instead I just hide.

I'd be pissed if I was your teammate.  The object of the game is to win, not make sure no one's feelings are hurt.

No, my teammates use the strela-3 ALWAYS, so they always shoot them down, but that way I don't have to feel like an as*hole, and I don't care about the extra XP I get from shooting a Chopper Gunner down. But if shooting down the Chopper Gunner could make the difference between winning or loosing, I'll shoot it down for sure.
    AGVZ

jacen-720 wrote:

i just look for the red dot thats not moving and take that out rarely ever get shot down right away i love the chopper gunner

Did you watch the video? He didn't even have a chance to kill the red dot that's not moving, because he got shot down before the doors even opened.
    jacen-720
    yea i saw it it has never happened to me the fact that 3 rockets came flying at him didnt help but the fact is they were ready for it cause most people that use dogs bring out the chopper right away so as soon as they hear dogs they know its coming at least 8 times out of ten the chopper comes out right when the dogs are called in it was a good strategy but not any more the chopper goes down right away cause more than one person is shooting at it

AGVZ wrote:

So you just hide and let the chopper destroy your teammates? My god, you are a TERRIBLE team mate. I hope I am never on the same team as you. Our goal is not to let the other team get as many kills as they want, because they are hard working guys who deserve it. The goal is to win uses any tool at your disposal. If a chopper is in the air, I will switch to my ghost pro/strela class immediately and take it down.

tkicks wrote:

Dazzzy wrote:

You're wrong. We don't use the Strela because we suck. We use it to help our team. If you're just going to sit there and let an enemy chopper destroy your team, then you are the one who sucks. Whether you are a super skilled player or not, has nothing to do with this. I can be kicking ass, but if some guy on the other team manages a 9 kilstreak, then he's calling in a huey. I'm going to switch to the ghost pro/strela and take it down to help my team. I'm not going to just sit and let the guy destroy my team.
    markocc
    The problem is that the secondary weapons are completely useless in this game so everybody is running around with strela's now. Who the hell would bother taking a pistol that you will never use because they are completely useless? Is anybody really going to run out of bullets and have to use the pistol under any circumstances? Long before your bullets are gone you can easily pick up somebody elses weapon and get rid of your useless pistol anyways.

Back in MW2 the secondary weapons added a whole lot of variety to your playing style so hardly anybody used rockets for a secondary.
    markocc

shadowthief wrote:

tkicks wrote:

Dazzzy wrote:

You're wrong. We don't use the Strela because we suck. We use it to help our team. If you're just going to sit there and let an enemy chopper destroy your team, then you are the one who sucks. Whether you are a super skilled player or not, has nothing to do with this. I can be kicking ass, but if some guy on the other team manages a 9 kilstreak, then he's calling in a huey. I'm going to switch to the ghost pro/strela and take it down to help my team. I'm not going to just sit and let the guy destroy my team.

I use the strela not only to help my team but because all of the other secondary weapons are completely useless. I'm not sure how they didn't think this was going to cause problems with making easy to shoot down killstreaks that are very hard to earn completely useless to the point where nobody even bothers to use them anymore. They should require at least 3 or 4 rocks to shoot them down. I say 2 for a regular chopper, 3 for a chopper gunner and 4 for a gunship would be more than reasonable considering killstreaks don't stack anymore.