8 Replies Latest reply: Jun 24, 2014 4:20 AM by Run_N_Gunning_Camper RSS

Port Forward = correct way?

FAI-HUN1209

Here's the thing  my net s running 105/20 mbps and 35 ms and even then im still behind ,activision says port forward  and gave a link on how to. well I tryied that and my nat went from ALWAYS OPEN to STRICT it wasn't util I removed the port forward that it reopened  again.  has anyone else had this issue and is there anyone who might be able to help with it thanks ..

Oh and im playing on Wired connection with just my ps4 ,nothing on wi-fi.

i'm just not sure if its a lag or frame issue but its always been there but strange this is I get tons of lag on ghosts but none on blops 1&2 , mw2&3, just ghosts. hell maby its my ps4 lol

Thanks for any help on the matter all.

• Re: Port Forward = correct way?
    Craig1883

i promise you that mast of what you are feeling is frame issues , not lag .

However on the subject of port forwarding i did this not so long back and had to take it all off as it made my experience worse , instead of Port forwarding just try putting your ps4 into DMZ,see if that helps

Shadowgate

My guess is you entered in wrong numbers for the last 3 digits of the IP. Your ps4 need a static IP.Try using Google DNS numbers instead of your own. Google anything you don't understand.

FalconR6

Achieving Open NAT - port numbers included. Ghosts V2

Use the links at the bottom for the "how to's"

If you went from Open to Strict you didn't do it correctly.

Port forwarding will help connectivity, but do not think of it as a silver bullet.

Lag happens, and there are many factors.

phxs72

You need to set up your PS4 manually with a static IP address and then port forward to it.  Just be sure to set your device ID higher than the number of internet capable devices in your house.  What you described tells me that your console IP address either changed or was being shared with another device.  Either would make your NAT go strict with port forwarding.

zombitroid

Yea I have the same problem I guess according to these guys I just need to get my ps4's ip address static. But I'm not sure how. I've tried to change the ip address to all kinds of different numbers on ps4 using the manual ip address settings. But yea every time I port forward all the correct ports for call of duty or ps4 ports the nat on ghosts goes from open to strict. Also Im also always behind everybody else just like you. Let me ask you do you have a hard time finding games as well. Like my matchmaking used to give me "50 potential games found" and now Im lucky to get 20. There is something terribly wrong and all of this started after I bought the season pass and downloaded the dlc when it came out. When  ghosts first launched and I was on ps3 this lag never happened. Now its unavoidable. IW needs to fix this. Hopefully another patch will do the trick.

FalconR6

Read the link I provided above,, and use the resources down the bottom.

If you are still having trouble getting a Static IP and port forwards going give your router support number a call.

FAI-HUN1209

i'm the same way when I log in it searches for games and says found 50 or less games then after it finishes searching I get like 3 or 4 good games  and it puts me in 1 lol. its frustrating . but again on my ps3 with mw2,mw3 & black ops 1 & 2 I never have any lag or problems   I'm always on open nat always . so thanks everyone for the help  great community. I should meantion my router/modem is a (MOTOROLA DOCSIS 3.0)if that helps and I have Comcast as service  and live about 50 miles from the nearest server from what speedtest tells me . thanks all

Run_N_Gunning_Camper

FAI-HUN1209 wrote:

Here's the thing  my net s running 105/20 mbps and 35 ms...

Is that 35 ms ping to the nearest server? If it was then I think it's too high. Imagine if the host is even further then that would even be higher. Just for comparison, mine is 6 ms to the nearest server using Speedtest.net.